Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh in Korea

mission update week 47



On P-day we traveled to city of Jinhae for the Cherry Blossom Festival. :)

I hope you all enjoyed Conference. We get to watch it this weekend. We are planning on giving out General Conference invites to some of our investigators and less actives this week.

We heard about the terrorist attacks in Belgium. The day after it happened our English class coordinator showed us the article on the Internet and we were able to watch the video of the France Mission President speaking about his missionaries that got injured. Super sad. Said a couple of prayers for them. The North Koreans are always threatening to attack here, but the South Koreans are not really scared of North Korea at all. They have military drills to prepare if such a thing was to happen and what to do.  It doesn't really scare me at all. We always try to be safe where ever we go. People always ask me who I want the next President of the United States to be. Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?  um...I don't know. I'm a missionary. I'm in Korea. We can't watch t.v. nor do I follow American politics in general.  haha kinda funny. I don't like that stuff.

We found a new investigator this week. So that was exciting. She has no religion. We are trying to figure out what she wants. She just kind of wants a lot of knowledge. We had an interesting discussion with her..A lot of questions...why people believe in Christ. Why church people are so happy. If there is a God why are there poor and sick people, wars etc. It takes a lot of patience and trying to work through the spirit to explain such things.

We are still trying to figure out our new area. It's super big! Super super big. We are not as busy as we were in Bangeojin. We don't have as many service activities and stuff like that. We do a lot of proselyting on the streets which is still hard for me. I'm trying to get better at it.

It's been a good week. Love you all so much! Thanks for your love and prayers.

Love,
Sister Cooper

Cherry Blossoms Galore!  :)









New apartment







In other family news!
Kate got 6 teeth pulled. She was so brave!

Before.

 After. 
Ouch!

A trip to the sweet tooth fairy. 
In case anyone is wondering what their gluten free cookie tastes like. 
OH MY GOSH. YUM. 
{Like I've been restraining myself from going back twice in one week.}  
Usually gluten free cookies are hard and you can tell they are gluten free. 
Not this one. So so moist and delicious. 



The tooth fairy came in all its glory with glitter and cash. 
*****
This was on our front porch one night this week. 
It's official. 
Hannah has a date for Spartonian Ball. 
I'd never seen this idea before. 

WHALE SHORE!
I'd love to go to 
Spartonian Ball
with YOU!!
{with sand and a whale stuffed animal to boot.} 

Seriously, how clever and cute? 

*****
Oh guys!!! 
The American Idol Finale...I die. 
When the old judges came out on stage and Simon surprised everyone by showing up. 
I cried. 
{not kidding} 
I love these original judges. Especially Simon. Without him IDOL would not be what it was, nor would there be an IL DIVO or ONE DIRECTION because HE was the mastermind behind those singing sensations. 
Oh gosh THE MEMORIES that man has created for this household.   

AND can we just talk about Ryan Seacrest for a minute? 
TV crush big time. ;) 
Is he just not the cutest?  
To think he was the only one to last all 15 years on A.I.  
He's just a class guy.  
So so good at what he does. 
Kinda lov'in that current judge Harry Connick Jr. though too. 
{Can you see HIM even taking a pic of the iconic four!?}
 

Those guys there on the stage=American Idol to me. 
That and OF COURSE season 7 runner up David Archuleta!! 
Can not believe that was all going on in our home town 
8 YEARS AGO. 
HE lived in our neighborhood. 
I was one obsessed David fan. just say'in. 
proof of that HERE and HERE
{For the record we wanted La Porcha to be the season 15 winner. We were kinda shocked she didn't win!} 

 *****
K so Emma hasn't really been into the dance scene through out high school. She's not overly social or friendly with the boys, therefore doesn't have close guy friends...so shes kinda flown under the radar in the whole dating department. Well...LATE Thursday night this is on our porch. Lovely and all, but the dance was two days away. Oh my!! 
{We've been void of dance drama for quite some time now so being thrown back into it full speed ahead was whoa...a tad bit overwhelming, especially with the time crunch.}    

Here we are searching at 10:30 at night for clues in the piñata full of little and big succors.  

When we figured out who it was.... 
Me: "Do you even know this kid, Emma?" haha 
Emma: "Yah, he's the one that didn't think I was American." 
{cuz of her olive skin?} 
Me: "When is the last time you talked to him?" 
Emma: "two years ago." 

I say Kudos to this guy for just going for it! 

Over the years we've had such good luck at a dress shop in Layton called "Dreams of Enchantment." I was trying to count how many times we've rented from just that shop. We got many of Kyleigh's dresses for dances, drill showcase, and MAG events for both her and Emma. 
{I'm sure we were one of their favorite customers. haha}  

WELL...unfortunately there was no time for Layton.  
With everything that was going on this weekend, we literally had a few hours to find a dress on Friday afternoon. 
We needed a small miracle. And we got it. {the church is true! haha} 
....thanks to Bling it On in Riverton. 
{Formerly known as Dazzling Dresses back in the day with Kyleigh.} 

There wasn't even time to answer this guy back but we did it anyway. It's just what you do. 
We stuffed a #4 piñata with mini candy bars and three bigger candy bars that had an 
Y an E and S on them...Hannie and I got the honor of door bell ditching this and running for our lives... 

Oh gosh! This pic cracks me up. Emmsie and I had been running around like chickens with our heads cut off... trying to find a dress, answering back this kid, getting a boutonniere, etc. etc... She was freaking about the "day date" that was happening later that night. 
Just being on a date about puts her over the edge...
then the thought of having to go Roller Skating!! ...so not her thing. haha 
Can you see the stress? ;) 

If we didn't have enough going on...Hannah had her final road driving test that afternoon determining if she could get her license or not. 
Way to go Hannie!

Emmsie survived her Friday night date...and actually had a way funner time than I think she thought she would! 
So SO glad! ;)  


Her date has a crap car which was a hoot riding in...it brought a lot of humor to the evening. 
 *****
The craziness continued on Saturday. It was dance picture day for Kate and Brie!





Kinda comical watching it all from afar. 
 *****
Emma and Hannah had the LDS Volunteer Luncheon at Little America. 

Emmsie and her friend Meagan were honored! 
They've known each other since the 1st grade. 
They started volunteering together the summer after 8th grade and have done it every summer since. 


Here are the scholarship recipients with the CEO of LDS Hospital

Emma was awarded a $2,000 scholarship! 
Way to go Emmsie!!!

These two girls have two summers down..two more to go! 

*****
That night was THE DANCE!


THE DRESS!

I loved the lace!

THE DATE!

Corsage/Boutonniere time is such an awkward moment. 
{Cracks me up} 
So relieved that they now have magnets for the bouts instead of those dumb pins. 
However, if there is no jacket.. someone has to stick their hand inside the guy's shirt....we just let him take care of it...haha 


Emma went with a great guy! SUPER nice. 


They had dinner at Rodizo Grill in Trolley Square. 
The dance was held at Rice Eccles. 


Cute Girlfriends! 


Girls in her dance party...

The after party started in the 11 o'clock hour. Six couples went on a scavenger hunt around the valley. They had a list of things they had to complete within an hours plus time..things like buy toilet paper and toilet paper some one's yard, fake propose to a stranger with a ring pop, kick a field goal on an opposing team's field, ask someone if they know the muffin man...film acting out an earthquake happening. etc etc etc. The first car to the Mount Olympus Trail Head was the winner. SOUNDED SO FUN!! 

It was a loooong date for Emmsie, but one filled with lasting memories. for sure. 
She had a good time! 
Yes, those darn dances can be pretty over rated, but so glad she got to experience at least one before graduating. :) 
She had an awesome date! Thank You Christian!
 *****
Oh and yah..something else really important was going on this day. 
Celebrating our 23rd Wedding Anniversary!  
I'm telling you our Anniversary weekend is notorious for having multiple things going on. We were in a whirlwind on that day, {we needed a weekend from our weekend! Ha!} but we managed to carve out some time for just the two of us. ;) After seeing Emma off we went to a restaurant we hadn't been to before. 
The Tin Roof Grill was featured on a segment of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. 
{Man, I'd love that guys job-traveling across the country to eat!}

We got some of the same things that were featured on the show...

Croquettes

White Bean and Steak Pizza...Crab Cakes

and Cheesecake!



We cruised down to Provo to see the BYU Ballroom Dance Co in Concert!

MY GOSH. I was blown away. One of the best things I've seen in my life. Not kidding.
Just as good as Dancing With The Stars.
{No, actually better. There were no seductive moves or half naked bodies on the dance floor haha.}

 It was marvelous!

Some cousin lov'in this weekend!

Kate driving cousin Taylor on his mini ATV. 
in a dress! 
love it. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment