Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, December 03, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in Korea 

Kyleigh Mission Update Week 28

Kyleigh didn't have a generic email to send out last week or this week, but here are a few tidbits from her voice recordings and a grateful letter...

I'm in my new house. It's super small, but it's super cute. I love this area. I love my new companion-Sis. Mara Dayley. She's from Idaho.

I had a REALLY good week. This area is super busy so I'm really really really happy. It feels good to be actually doing some things. The members are awesome. The Branch President's wife....I can just tell we are going to be great pals. She's so energetic!

We have a lot of investigators in this area. 7! Which is awesome and super exciting. We met with a new family this past week. I'm just very happy and I love it here.

There is one American couple in their mid 20's in this branch. The Moores. Bro Moore served a mission here a few years back. We are going to their house on Thursday for Thanksgiving dinner. That will be really fun. We are bringing one of our investigators, Chloe, with us. She's an investigator from my previous area. We also have Zone Conference on Thursday. President is coming so he will be bringing any packages and letters.

Hope you are staying warm-drink some hot chocolate for me.
I hope you have another really good week and have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

I love you all very much,
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

*****

Kyleigh Mission Update Week 29
What am I grateful for?
All of you! :)


So this week I wasn't able to write out little summaries of my days again. I barely had time to write in my journal. At nights after planning...when it's personal time I usually try to finish up the things that we needed to get done that day. So my personal time kinda gets squashed, but I don't mind any more. I'm on the Lord's time, not mine, and I am happy. So I'm sorry if my letters aren't as long and detailed while I'm serving in this area. We are just super busy all the time! But I'm so thankful and very happy!

So I wanted to send an email to let you know what I am thankful for because Thanksgiving was just last week. First and foremost I am thankful for all of you. I wouldn't be here in Korea or the person I am today without all of your love and support. Thank you for taking the time to write me and for all of your prayers. I feel very lucky to have each of you in my life. I am thankful for this gospel and for this opportunity that I have to serve a mission. This gospel is everything and I am so thankful for Christ and what he has done for all of us. I haven't seen any baptisms yet on my mission, but I have seen miracles and I have seen a change in myself. I have gained a deeper understanding of the importance of the gospel and how important it is to share it with those around us. It might be scary and weird and awkward, but it is the reason we are here on Earth. I am thankful for memories, for dance, for trials that make us better people, chocolate and ice cream. There are so many things to be grateful for!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the Christmas season and remember the real reason behind the season. We are promoting the Christmas video the church has made this year as we proselyte. It's at christmas.mormon.org....go check it out if you have time! Love you all so much!!! 

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper 
This was our district in my last area... with a less active member..  

Elder Ha and Elder Stoker

First exchange as the Sister Training Leader

Out preach'in the word!



In other family news... I'm a tich behind. ;) 

My sweet parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
60 YEARS!!!
Can you believe?
What an accomplishment!
{November 26, 1955}
                                                       



My siblings and the spouses all took my mom and dad out for a seafood dinner. We gathered at their house after for some dessert, visiting, and old family movie watch'in. It was a great time!

The 60th is the silver and diamond anniversary... so in keeping with that we decorated white and silver. 

You'd be surprised at what you can find at the dollar store.



We played a fun trivia game..

 The first time my dad laid eyes on my mom was when he saw her in this newspaper article...she had been held up by two bandits at the loan office where she worked. He remembers thinking how pretty she was and wished that he could meet a girl like that! Turned out through mutual friends, his dream came true.


What makes this robbery story even more interesting is that several months later....My mom was held up a second time!!!{She was engaged to my dad at this point} My mom happened to be wearing the same dress that she was wearing when she was held up the first time around.
She was pretty embarrassed about that.
{I'm thinking what an unlucky dress!}

Engagements and wedding news made the papers big time back then.
Details of what her wedding dress was even like. {Cracks me up.}

My mom has six sisters and four brothers! Her twin brother, Arthur, was the best man. Her sister, Carol, was the maid of honor and her two bridesmaids...Glenna and Martha, also sisters. Her little niece Cathy, the flower girl.



 Kate news....
The day before Thanksgiving break Kate got to eat school lunch with the principal. She was nominated for showing respect. Kindergartners don't eat school lunch so it was a new experience and kind of a big deal for a little person. Way to go Kate!
{doesn't our principal look like he is 12?}


 She had a Thanksgiving Feast with her Kindergarten class that same day. She was in charge of bringing fruit.

 AND it was also the Turkey Trot.
{It was an eventful day for Kate}
Each grade races around the field and the winner wins a frozen turkey.

 Awe...

Turkey Day!
Our Thanksgiving Breakfast Table!







free thankful printable from HERE

The Mr. hors'in around with the nephews...

Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Coopers.

Off to Aunt Karen's for pie...






My parents anniversary happened to fall right on Thanksgiving Day! 
You will not meet any sweeter people in your life.
You know that saying..."Be in the world, but not of the world." That is them.
They are good to the core. I don't think there is an ounce of worldliness in them.
They've had such a simple, happy and fulfilling 60 years together and are such outstanding examples of what really matters in life. I'm so blessed to have them as my parents.
Aren't they cute?!!? 

I made a thankful jar and had the extended family write their favorite memory or something they are grateful about them. 


Now to a whole bunch of randomness...

November Visiting Teaching message and goodie.
{compliments of www.marcicoombs.com} 

We got our tree up!

This is our new ornament for the tree this year... in honor of Kyleigh!

 Worked on getting her Christmas package all ready and shipped out so it will get to her on time.
 She got her Thanksgiving package right on Thanksgiving Day! :) She said the little french vanilla creamers I sent in a plastic baggie for her hot chocolate exploded.... so everything arrived a bit wet and sticky. lovely! :(

Hoping there are no package probs this go around...She's getting some FUN stuff from Santa! 
Have you heard of Plunder Vintage Jewelry? Darling. Darling. It's my new favorite thing. 


G-ma went to Disneyland recently and lost her head getting Kyleigh Disney pins, + scarfs, gloves, and head wrap for the cold Korean weather... 


The hubs and I saw THE BEST MOVIE over Thanksgiving weekend.  Just LOVED it. One of my favs of the year. {I highly recommend it.}

He took Emma and Hannah to see the new Hunger Games Movie...

Emmsie got her application to BYU in before the Dec 1st deadline. Phew! That's a load off her shoulders. {Those dang essays.} She has to wait almost 3 months to find out if she's been accepted. Fingers crossed!


Emma is up on the bulletin at the career center at the high school for her internship at the Pioneer Museum..




Brie and Kate love Lego's.
They've gone to a couple Lego Builds at the Lego Store with g-ma recently.
They have this Holiday Lego Advent Calendar where they open a new Lego piece every day of Dec leading up to Christmas. Super Cute!


Enjoying an early Santa delivery... :)
I'm a fan of the plus sized screen.  

Our gingerbread house compliments of Hannah, Brie and Kate... 

Throwing it back to the first week of December 2011 for Throwback Thursday HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment