Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, December 29, 2017

What's On My Happy List?


A Peek Into Our Week....

All the kids finished up school on 
Thurs the 21st!
This was Kyleigh's happy news with her Korean class! 
{both girls are rock'in the grades down at the Y. 
Super proud of them!}
Kyleigh got to be a missionary pin model for a day for some work project 
of a friend...
😂
Frostys to celebrate the beginning of Winter Break!!!!
*****
The Friday morning before Christmas we had a Primary field trip...
Our Primary collected $720...
$600 of that was in loose change!
Kate was able to purchase packs of
vegetable seeds...
We stopped at the Nauvoo Cafe after for hot cocoa and grilled cheese...
Then we made a couple of bakery runs with friends while we were up town...
THIS PLACE!...
Backer's Pastry Shop makes my eyes pop out.
I love it.
Such vintage charm!!!!
Bought this poinsettia sugar cookie for my friend who was driving us around everywhere...
Friday afternoon the hubs took the kids to see this!
They thought it was hilarious!

I stayed home and had 3 glorious hours playing Mrs. Claus...
getting things wrapped while listening to past MO TAB Christmas concerts...
Brie had a friend drop off a Christmas gift-
Bob Ross socks!
She died.
She loves Bob Ross!
Friday night we had cousin Allie over for Italian Village pizza benders
and to watch "While You Were Sleeping"...
How come they don't make romantic comedies like this anymore?
This show is one of my absolute favs and 
it's becoming a must watch at Christmastime!

Don't get me started on Christmas movies. 
Especially Hallmark ones. 
You'd die at how many I've watched since the end of October when they started 
airing them everyday. 
I've been keeping track.
I'm currently at 36! 
😳  haha 
Also that night Kyleigh got the 
dating app "Mutual".
It was quite entertaining! 

*****
Saturday morn the girls helped de-vein all the shrimp in preparation for our 
Christmas Eve Seafood Feast....
That afternoon my little fam had our annual
Elf "sugar" party...
 
I wrapped a box of everyone's favorite cereal.

Hannah was so happy cuz I don't buy this much sugar cereal
THAT often!
Caramel and Chocolate covered marshmallows for dessert...
compliments of a neighbor.
After the sugar rush we played
Christmas Pictionary...
Team Ding Dongs vs. Team Ho Ho's...
 and a little Elf watching....
 Hannie had her favorite guy over to exchange gifts....
Kyleigh went to see Star Wars with her good buddy! 
 *****
Christmas Eve...
Sunday we had church for just an hour!
It was great!
I think we have the best ward choir around.
Christmas music definitely has my heart!

Here Kate is anxiously watching out the window
for dad to get home from church...
so we could get a family pic...
only so she could get out of her Christmas dress.
😜
She'd live in p.j.'s or exercise clothes
if she could.
Our Seafood Feast that afternoon!
 Gift Extravaganza after!
G-ma C. looses her mind at Christmas!
Presents and gift cards galore!
 Hannah and Kyleigh freaked over the BackStreet Boy's pillowcases...😂
Later that evening the girl's opened their Christmas Eve gift...
we did socks instead of p.j.'s!
and a new Christmas book to add to our collection.
"We Believe in Christmas" read by the Poppi!
Feeding the reindeer!
We were hoping for more snow...
We did get a skiff on Christmas Eve...and it was better than nothing.
👏
Kate and I made reindeer cookies for
Santa Claus.
A Molasses cookie {from Backer's}
was left out for Mrs. Claus.
😉
Those cookies are to di-et for!
We ended the evening watching...
The girls all slept in the same room...
while magic happened in the family room!
 Blessed Christmas morn!
Some Christmas morning snuggling before 
opening presents..
It was 8:00 before we were up and at it! 
We are so not morning people. 
My favorite moment was seeing the kid's reaction to this!!!!

We've been saving and saving so we could go to Disneyland again.

It's been over 3 years since we went last.
The girls knew about the upcoming Disney trip,
but we surprised them with a day in Harry Potter World as well.
They sorta wigged out!

It was complete awesomeness!
Especially for those in the fam that are huge Harry Potter fans!
Sweet little school gifts made from Kate...
Christmas brunch with the hubs family!
Breakfast casserole, french toast, yogurt parfaits, sweet bread, bacon,
biscuits and gravy...
It was another scrumptious feast for the belly!
I swear one wish I have is that I could eat anything and not feel sick
{because of my food allergies}
AND not gain weight by eating it!
😏
Seriously just tooooo much good food!
 😂
Poor Kyleigh had to go into work at 3 Christmas afternoon!
Boo.
Rest of us headed to my parents to visit with the extended...
*****
Tuesday morn I met a dear friend visiting from Colorado for brunch.
Left Fork Grill in South Salt Lake has a small town, diner dive,
retiree/truck driver pit stop feel to it...
WITH delicious food!
{p.c. local eats website}
It was $5 Tuesday at the theatre so that afternoon 1/2 went to see Star Wars
and the other half of us went to see COCO.
{Emmsie had rewatched all the Star Wars movies prior to seeing this new one.
She was SO excited!}
Poor Kyleigh was stuck down in Provo for a couple of days cuz of work 
so she couldn't join us for the movies, 
but some childhood friends went down and kept her company!
Coco was super cute guys!!!!
{I even cried.}
Kate went straight for the macarons after!
I had myself some hot coco 😉  after the movie with one of these
Lindor White Peppermint Chocolates in it!
YUM!
These things flipp'in melt in your mouth!!
Then gosh dang these little squares of goodness....
It's a darn good thing I don't drink...cuz I think rum and bourbon would be a 
problemo for me.
😬

Another breakfast out with good friends...
Is anyone else in a food coma and feeling like a fatty like me right about now?
😂  Jeesh!

This time to Midvale's Mining Cafe
Um...not my favorite ambience place wise, but that's ok!
Just happy for the time with good friends.
*****
A few of Kate's favorite things......
Santa brought her this Detective's Toolkit!
She's played this with her boy cousins...
One was dressed up in his police officer costume.
So cute! 
She has spent hours playing with this Lab!
Water, soap and food coloring make her content as can be..
 She and I have spent time building Stephanie's Lego House
🙌
 and playing her new set of Chinese Checkers!
Both she and Brie have loved playing with this!!!
She's making me a ring with it!
Doing "Star Wars" hair with Emma😊
and coloring for hours on this iPhone app....
Christmas 2017 was good to us!
We are relishing these last few days of
Winter Break!
It just comes and goes so so fast.
I wanna just bottle it up and keep it forever!

Here's to a safe and Happy New Years!!!
😘

No comments:

Post a Comment