Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, February 08, 2015

What's On My Happy List?

A birthday girl! 
I have a NINETEEN YEAR OLD!

So...Kyleigh has always been a super duper big fan of all things Harry Potter. She's recently re-read the entire series. At the Salt Lake Comicon last weekend, she got her picture taken with Tom Felton aka Draco Malfoy. 


                                           
So needless to say HP has been on the brain.  She mentioned awhile back that she'd like a Harry Potter inspired b-day...mainly to get the Bertie Bott Beans... {she loves jelly beans}

Emmsie and I got our creative juices flow'in, but kept it a secret. 
Kyleigh had NO IDEA the surprise Emmsie and I had up our sleeves. :)

On the afternoon of her birthday we were trying to get her out of the house so we could do our "thing." I had Kyleigh, and Hannah {who was on distraction duty if necessary} take Brie to her swim lesson for me. That gave Emmsie and I about an hour to get things ready... We were work'in like crazy ladies. We had done what little prep we could before hand. As in filling candy jars in my bedroom so Kyleigh wouldn't see them... and hiding out in the office cutting party label printables {which btw are from the talented people HERE and HERE}. 
Emma had baked the cake the night before, when Ky was out, and then had to hide it. Once Kyleigh left the premises the day of, Emma still had to frost and decorate the cake and I was whipping out my Halloween stuff in the garage and trying to pull together what you see below. haha. It was crazy fun! I'm thinking under pressure that Emmsie and I make a pretty good team!         

So when Kyleigh arrived home, Emma handed her this acceptance letter that came in the mail. From Hogwarts.. Ha! Last weekend when Kyleigh was at Comicon... Emma and Hannah spent hours working on little Harry Potter gifts for her... Emma found the idea for the letter on line. They they even took the time to tea stain the letter paper. Hannah made the envelope out of a brown sack. Emmsie made another wand {out of a tree stick, jewelry, hot glue, glitter and spray paint}. Even the wand box is hand made. She put together the little black Hogwarts Spell Book as well. Hannah is not into HP, at all, but she was a trooper, and Emma's sidekick through all of it.  




The top of the wand she made it to look like a crystal ball...




The whole thing reduced Kyleigh to tears...it just made her really happy. 



Emmsie rarely gives hugs or verbally expresses love. But boy, she sure knows the art of gift giving. That is definitely her love language.    


Emma assures me that there is meaning behind the misspelled b-day cake. Haha. 
I am not up on all things Harry Potter. 





The treacle fudge are chocolate covered potato chips... ;)

 One of Kyleigh's favorite treats are no bake cookies which we used for the cockroach clusters. {ALL the food was store bought, thank goodness, except the cake, seeing we barely had time to get that done ;}

The potions...{I just used the Halloween bottles that I already had and put a HP label on them.} 



The chocolate wands were chocolate licorice...


 Kyleigh had a pretty darn good day. She took the day off of work. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

She and I watched a few episodes of our new favorite show on Netflix. Called the GRAND HOTEL. Early 1900 Spanish Drama/Mystery. WE ARE HOOKED! It's in Spanish, but has English subtitles. OH GOSH, IT'S SUPER GOOD. Highly recommend it if you are into period dramas. 
She opened up her gifts...  


After her Harry Potter surprise we went for sushi for her birthday dinner...

Having muscle shooters! Raw quail eggs and all. {Tasty} 

Not so sure. But went for it. 

 She went out for ice cream with her girlfriends later that night. Her friend Mercedes put together a scrapbook for her birthday gift that was JUST STINK'IN CUTE. Pages and pages of pics and quotes that told the story of their friendship. {I burst into tears looking at it.} It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift. 



The night before the Comicon they had a girl overnight-er downtown at the Little America. Christmas gift to all from Sav! How fun is that? 



So back to this Comicon. {We were dy'in over this pic.} This is Paul. Paul Wesley. 
AS IN STEFAN SALVATORE FROM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES! 
We totally gave up on that show over a year ago, but gosh! It's still a Salvatore brother.  {Our dang fish is named after them} Unfortunately, he was either not feeling well, or injured so he was sitting...so yah, awkward pic. Kyleigh would have much rather have had her arm around him and not the chair.  Just say'in. ;)

Some Star Wars love

and Harry Potter!


Playing catch up with my pics...

A little movie outing with Kate and cousin Taylor.


One of mine and Kate's favorite things...Bubber! 

Brie had a play date with four of her school friends. They wanted to see her room re-do. {Which I need to post pics of that. Hopefully I'll get around to that soon.} 

Brie, Kate and Taylor have had so much fun with this new...I don't even know what it's called...bum scooter? that their aunt gave them. 

It's been Spring like weather of late. A little baseball on a lovely Saturday afternoon. 



Snapshot of Hannie and Emmsie tending the neighbor kids.... :) 

Look'in forward to Valentine's week and another darling daughter's b-day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment