Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh in Korea 

mission update week 32

Hello everyone!

It's definitely been a super crazy week. We had an investigator come to church last Sunday with her two little girls. She came to hear my companion speak as it was her last Sunday. It was really cool that they came and we were super excited about it.

I had my last few days with Sister Dayley. Wed night before she left we had 2 sister missionaries, who had served in this area, come stay with us. We ate with one of their converts and then the sisters slept overnight with us in our little apartment. They are heading home along with my companion. That was a little weird hanging with missionaries who are all at the end of their missions and going home this week. Sister Dayley was really worried about me because she didn't want me to be homesick so she was trying to be really sweet about the situation.  It was kinda hard, but thankfully I wasn't as homesick as I thought I would be.  The next day we had our Christmas party at the mission home. I got my Christmas package. Thank you!!! I love it!!! There was some great talks, pretty music, and we got to watch 17 Miracles! Which was super fun. Afterwards I had to say goodbye to Sister Dayley, which was sad. She and I really clicked and had a good time together so we both cried. But I'm very happy and I feel very blessed to be spending Christmas with my temporary sister team, Sister Hoffman and Anderson. They are both from Utah. They are both super cute and super stylish. We are having a really good time together. It's fun to be with them and I feel really lucky.  We get to go to their Christmas party this Thursday and do a Nativity skit and then attend the Christmas party in my branch on Friday.

We are really busy right now. We have two areas to cover over this week . My investigator Chloe, {her English name}, will eventually be given to the Hogue area sisters, the sisters I'm serving with for the week and a half, as she technically lives in their area.  I'll get to meet with Chloe this last week and then she'll be transferred over to Hoffman and Anderson. They will be good for her. We are working on Chloe with some Word of Wisdom issues. She's struggling with some things in that area. Her baptism date will be pushed back, but she's doing good. She came to church on Sunday for just a little bit. She's been in the hospital with a hurt leg.

I find out on Wednesday or Thursday who my new companion will be. That will be some exciting news that I can tell you about when I Skype you this week. We are going to the Moore's house on Friday...the couple we spent Thanksgiving with. It will be Christmas here, but Christmas Eve in America. Time really does go by so fast. I can't believe it's already Christmas!

Love you all! I'll talk to you soon...like real soon. :)

Love,
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

Sister Anderson and I with Chloe...

A Christmas Party!

In other family news this week.... 

Teacher, Friend and Neighbor gifts!

{free printables from theidearoom.net}




Some really fun food finds at Trader Joe's lately ;)

*****
Hannah had another ALL DAY Saturday drill competition.  
She had three other performances this week on top of the competition. 
She is drilled out! 
If I had a say in the matter... drill competition season wouldn't start until AFTER Christmas!  




*****
Kate's and Brie's Christmas dance recital was the same day as Hannah's competition.
{of course}
It was one of those wacky weekends where everything falls on the same day. Including the BYU bowl game which I couldn't even watch due to everything else going on. Probably best I didn't haha.
But I'm think'in football bowl games should be played AFTER Christmas..when you can enjoy it. I couldn't even get into the pre-hype of the game at all with my Christmas brain.

Anywho...back to danc'in. Both their dances just about killed me with their cuteness.
Some of my very favorite that any of my kids have done.
Brie's group wore aviator hats and danced to "Flying Home for Christmas".
Kate's was all about the mistletoe.



I was one of the parent's in charge for Kate's class in the first show... 
We sit with them and help them backstage etc. 



A quick bite to eat after...especially for Emmsie and I. 

We had the MO TAB Christmas concert to catch! **squeal**
A little Christmas miracle that we even had tickets! 
And another miracle when we barely made the concert in time.. with just minutes to spare. 
Traffic was horrid. 
We ended up parking in some random lot downtown BLOCKS away from the Conference Center
and made a run for it up Main Street. 


Downtown is beautiful at Christmas!
 *****
 Sunday before Christmas!




The Bell Family Christmas Party was that night.
I have an awesome family. I really really do.

Putting on the Nativity!

Singing and Chime playing!





*****
Monday I had a lunch outing with some of my high school girlfriends. 
We had such a splendid time catching up and reminiscing. 

I pulled out some of my old scrapbooks to look for some requested pics to send to them of the good old days.  We had such great times together.  I COULD NOT EVEN begin to tell you about all the fun memories I have from back then. I loved my teenage years! I was very blessed to have good friends!


*****
For FHE we had our Elf celebration!



I spiked the waffle batter with some egg nog, cinnamon and rum extract. ;)


If you are an egg nog drinker..{I love the stuff} try adding a bit of 7-up and a scoop of peppermint ice cream to it ;)  


frosted flakes!

We played a round of Christmas Pictionary and watched some ELF!


*****
Tuesday night the hubs, Emma and Hannah, some uncles, and family friends went to see a really late night showing (like 10:50 p.m.) of the new Star Wars movie.

I am NOT a Sci Fi kind of gal.
I gladly stayed home with Brie and Kate and we had a little party of our own. 


Have you heard this poem? {So cute!}

Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please
I think I shall always insist upon these.
What do YOU choose when you're offered a treat?
When Mother says, "What would you like best to eat?"
Is it waffles and syrup, or cinnamon toast?
It's cocoa and animal crackers that I love the most!
Christopher Morley

We had late night snacks, played more Christmas pictionary, read a Christmas book, and they got to fall asleep in mom and dad's bed. They were so looking forward to that!
{It's the little things like that that mean the most.}

*****
Wednesday night we experienced the Christmas in Color drive thru!
{Out by the Olympic Oval in Kearns.}
It's a must see!
1 Million lights are synchronized to Christmas music as you go on a little drive on a windy road.



Brought some nephews along for the fun!


The only time you will be standing in the car with your head poking out of the sun roof while automobile is moving so enjoy... 




It was a great little family outing right before Christmas Eve. Which I will post on all of THAT and all our Christmas happenings in an upcoming post....In the meantime a Christmas Throwback Thursday to 2011 HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment