Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, December 23, 2022

What's On My Happy List?


HOLIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA!

THIS event was a long time coming...
Due to Covid crap
it's been 3 years since the general public 
has been able
to attend the annual Christmas concert.

ALL I want for Christmas every year is
a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir 
Christmas Concert. 
It's my favorite thing EVER. 
I'm a Motab Christmas concert nerd. lol 
I can tell you who has come EVERY YEAR
for the past 22 years. 
So you can imagine how happy I was 
when we scored not just 2 but 4 tickets!!!!
Only our ticket night
 fell on the same night as 
BYU's Bowl game. 
Why oh why?
Two of my favorite things on the 
SAME night??? 
{drives me nuts... cuz stuff like this happens 
all the time to me...
Thankfully, the hubs was texting me 
updates on the game...
Both the football and basketball team
won their big game. 
It was a darn good day.}

THIS concert easily fell into my 
favorite top 5.
JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.
I was in full on tears. 
Just so lovely.  

We were walking the 
beautiful city streets late
trying to get back to the car.
Traffic getting to the concert...
and THE parking...atrocious!
Poor Tyler missed part of the concert
cuz of it all. 
Kyleigh climbed 7 flight of stairs 
in those heels!
😂
**********
Our annual Sugar Elf Party!!!
Complete with lots of sugar
cereal, egg nog and 
our neighbor's amazing
cinnamon rolls. 
**********
The girl's and I had a fun holiday
excursion uptown...

First...to one of my favorite shops!
The molasses cookie of course is the fav, 
but the butter toffee 
and cream cheese raspberry tarts
are close seconds! 
After the bakery we headed to the 
Grand Hotel
to see the themed trees, 
the darling Christmas Around the World 
window displays, 
and THE gingerbread house.
We then made a stop at the 
"Light the World Giving Machine" 
at City Creek...
We also walked in 
frigid 20 degree weather 
to get a glimpse again 
of these amazing trees at the JSB.
I accidentally stepped in some stranger's 
throw up after this picture was taken.
So that was nice.
Good times I'm telling ya. 
😝😂 
**********
The hubs and I got to attend 
the Eclipse6 Christmas Concert.
They sing purely Acapella.
I had never heard of 
this group before. 
And they've been around a long time.
They were amazing!!! 
SO impressed.
Our annual neighborhood ladies 
Christmas party.
The gift exchange was a hoot.
May or may not be because of the 
gift I brought.
😜💋😍
So blessed to live among these 
lovely ladies. 
**********

RANDOM FAMILY HAPPENINGS...

My sweet, almost 93 year old, 
Aunt Karma died.
My favorite aunt AND my 
 little mama's closest sister.
My mama comes from a family of 11 children
and only 3 of them are still living.
😢
My mama will be 91 soon.
Her sister Carol, 
pictured here with her, 
is 88.
Her youngest brother, Rell 74.
My mama and this same sister are the two 
on the back right of this 1963 photo.
How cute is this picture?
My grandpa seriously reminds 
me of the actor Gregory Peck.
What a handsome guy.
Anyhoo..so happy for my Aunt,
but sure a sad loss for us.
***********
Kyleigh and Tyler took a belated 
honeymoon to Kauai and Oahu.
They had a fabulous time.
They were in Hawaii the week of 
Pearl Harbor Day, Dec. 7th. 
My girls are obsessed with the 
Pearl Harbor movie. 
They make a point to watch it every year. 
 Just so happened the day
Kyleigh and Tyler were visiting Pearl Harbor,
 the girls were watching the movie 
here at home. 
*** a quinkydink***
***********
Lots of fun stuff this past month for Brie.
The Student Government has been holding
all sorts of events to raise money for 
cancer research. 
This is how much was raised...
$16,273.02
Freaking amazing!
I'm so proud of them.

They threw a Christmas Snow Ball Dance....
Hannah got to chaperone with the Poppi 
as I was at the MoTab concert. 
Hannah enjoyed herself! haha 
B sure has had a great time 
serving with this crew...
**********
Kate survived her Christmas Band Concert.
YAY Kate!
My brother's family came and gave 
my mama a Christmas musical concert...
piano duet, violin and guitar playing.
It was so thoughtful...
she enjoyed it so much. 
My nephew in law is an incredible
piano player. 
***********
Kyleigh, Emmsie and I enjoyed watching the 
Miss America pageant.
Emmsie made her awesome fudge topping 
for us!
**********
GIFT GIVING
for the kids I tutor...
my co-worker gifts....
neighbor gifts...
Primary teacher Christmas gifts!
The primary kids got a copy of the 
December Friend magazine,
along with a year subscription...
A gift of Jesus that will 
last all year long... 
Emmsie LOVES to give gifts like me...
she treats this little cutie, 
her girlfriend's daughter, 
 like a niece, and 
gives her the cutest gifts...
This year was Fancy Nancy themed...
Which happens to be one of my 
favorite children's book series ever...
I've been leaving a little gift for my mama
every morning of the 12 days 
leading up to Christmas...
It's been a delightful task.
**********
Now to yummy FOOD finds....

Frozen Hot Cocoa from Bahama Bucks....
These are like peppermint crack!
😂
SOOOO GOOD!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate!
Kyleigh tried this after the concert...
😋
We celebrated the beginning of Winter Break 
with Frosties....
Gotta say I'm not too impressed 
in the  
peppermint Frostie...
I like Chic fil A's peppermint shake 
100% better. 
The entire elementary school staff 
was invited to the holiday luncheon 
at Brio Italian restaurant.
I do not know why I have never
eaten here, but GLORY BE.
I was in food heaven. 
They brought out 5 appetizers!
Two different entree's and THEN 
you had a choice of one of three desserts.
The creme brûlée was bomb.
I kinda felt like I was in Italy 
for the afternoon. 
Ambiance is top notch.
The company was too. 
There are 8 of us that work in the
Reading Department. 
I'm certain we have
the best boss and working team. 
I love my co-workers!
After delivering neighbor gifts
its tradition to go for breakfast food
after, so here we are at the IHOP.
😂
Gingerbread hot cocoa....
Their tres leche pancakes...
goodness me....
The old Young Women's Presidency 
still loves to get together even 
after being released 15 
months ago. 
Love these ladies so much.  
We went to Vessel Kitchen.
Very tasty!
**********
My childhood friend turned the 
big 5-0...
We had flaming {literally on fire} sushi 
at Itto's to celebrate! 
The three of us have been 
friends FOREVER. 
Over 4 decades...
**********
Had a date with this 
handsome fella 
this morning.
My gift to Jesus was 
going to the Temple to
do sealings. {One of my 
favorite things to do.} 
I had one of those experiences
where I knew I was right 
where I needed to be on this
eve of Christmas Eve. 
Happy Birthday Jesus!
💗
**********
Well friends...
Only TWO more sleeps till 
the BIG GUY comes....
🙌🎄🎅⭐💚
From our house to yours
have a blessed day with 
the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment