Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Monday, April 13, 2020

What's On My Happy List?


Here's to week 4 of 
Cooper's Covid-19 coping...

Our Elementary School had a teacher parade...
It was on a chilly, windy, drizzly morn.
There was also construction
going on on our street. 
With the wind it blew icky
tar smell our way...
It wasn't the most pleasant of circumstances.
Plus we had to wait and wait 
for quite some time 
for the parade to get
to our neck of the woods....
Kate was over it before it even got started. 
She not a fan of parades!
But I stood out on the sidewalk with my sign
and waved and waved. 
I thought it was awesome!
I love our school and the people I work with.
Our District is paying us
Support Education Professionals
{even though we aren't doing anything other than a bit of training on line} 
until the end of our work year,
which is usually after
the first week in May.
I think it's fabulous they are
able and willing to do that. 
*****
We had a FRENCH THEME for the week...

Kate and I made French toast for dinner
one night...
{fun tip: put a little rum flavoring in the batter}

She and I read some French-y
type children's books. Reading
is still one of her least favorite
things to do. Don't know if that
will ever change. She would rather
me read to her or listen to an audio
book, but even then it's a feat.
She'd rather be making something creative...
*****
Several nights this week
the girls and I watched
some movies set in France...

Such as Chocolat...
Kyleigh made brownies in honor of it.
Another night it was a macarons
and the movie Sabrina...
one of my all time fav's...
The Count another night...
This movie is darn right epic
and one of Kyleigh's very fav's. 
And in honor of Ratatouille watching
Emmsie and Brie helped me
make a big pot of one of 
our favorite soups.
Kielbasa! 
We watched Rick Steves in Paris
and some videos 
on France's Mont-Saint-Michel Castle
and a tour of the Louvre. 
We ended the week out
with these beauties from the
French Gourmandise Bakery.
*****
School was back in session this past week
after a 10 day Spring Break.
I enjoyed watching a live session
of the Science Mystery Guy
with Kate.
Kyleigh had a big Religion project
due over the weekend.
She created a Book of Mormon
game Candy Land style.
*****
Venturing out with my dad to get his 
shot at the Cancer Institute.
I was laughing so hard at our added attire.

Can you breathe Dad? 
No! 
This was our first time at the hospital
since all heck broke loose. 
They take your temperature right as you
walk in the foyer and make you 
take off your gloves
to use hand sanitizer. 
I also made my first masked
trip to Costco
since the pandemic.
The line moved very fast
which was nice.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels
like you have to lysol your groceries
down once you bring them home. 
Kind of a pain. 
*****
Things that brought
light and joy to our week...

I really enjoyed the Church's Holy Week 
 movies and scriptures 
leading up to Easter Sunday. 
Big Bubbles made by our neighbors....
Bing's Easter bandana.
Spring time books...
This Easter movie.
The hubs actually watched some Hallmark
 with me- which happens occasionally-  
but still momentous. LOL
He would much rather be watching
his old westerns or outdoor shows. 
This lemon cake.
So divine.
These soaps. 
I don't know what it is about
good smelling soaps but they
make my heart smile. 
Kate receiving some Happy Mail from 
her 4th grade teacher.
Tulips blooming...
Mine and the hubs celebrating our Anniversary!!!
27 years!!!
He took two days off of work. 
It was so nice. 
We had a yummy take out meal from
Cafe Seoul for lunch...
Korean ribs, bulgogi and
my favorite sushi.
Then that night the girls planned
a super special surprise.
They re-created our first date
at the Olive Garden Feb 8, 1992!
😌
Kyleigh was our hostess and walked
us to our seating out on the back deck.
She also ordered and picked up all the
food. We weren't allowed upstairs or in
the kitchen for about two hours
prior to this. It was pretty hilarious
hearing the scampering of feet trying
to prep.
Hannah had favorite music of mine
playing like IL DIVO, French and Italian tunes 
and mine and the hubs song from Aladdin
 "A Whole New World."
Fun fyi: All my kids have picked a Disney song they want
as their wedding song. Hopefully their future spouses
will agree. haha 
This was the menu...
Kate was our waitress
and took our order.
😂
Hannah was also on cheese duty.
The girls joined us after we were served.
It was great fun!
These zeppoli's were to die for.
Especially dipped in the
raspberry sauce. I'd go to the OG
just for these.
Can't forget the mint!!!
They knew I kept the one
from our first date.
It's in my scrapbook.
😜
💙💚💛💜
participating in this
on Good Friday....
and of course Easter Sunday
was another highlight of the week....
 The Easter bunny showed up!
Even a special egg with a dog
treat inside for the boy!
Kate put on her Easter dress 
for a hot second. 
She enjoyed working on her 
new lego set...
Andre Bocelli's Easter Sunday
live concert on Youtube
made my day! It was
magnificent.
I found these cute Nannette
Lepore dishes at Burlington
several months ago. It was
delightful to finally pull them
out for our Easter meal.
I also pulled out the Easter snow globes
for our centerpiece.
bird nests made from no bake cookies ;)
These lemon parfaits
for dessert.
{that I found at the Costco}
Goodness...one of the
best things I've put in my
mouth this week.
Our traditional egg crack-off
I called my egg Phil Wanna Be
cuz I'm pretty obsessed with the 
Netflix show right now called
"Somebody Feed Phil"
The hubs loves it too! 
This was the hubs egg.
"I'm with Phil wannabe"
Emmsie's egg was the last one
without a CRACK.
🙌
No memes to post this week.
Actually there was one that I LOVED but
felt it probs best not to post it on here. 
😂
I've been thinking lately about this song 
of Sissel's called 
"Slow Down." 
So I'll post that instead. 
I was there to hear her sing 
it last summer at the 
Pioneer Day Concert. 
It was unforgettable. 

I think the world has been forced to slow down
whether they want to or not.
{Maybe Sissel was on to something. 😉}
I know I'm not the norm, but I find this
required staying home business
VERY NICE.
It comes very naturally to me.
{It does help to be extremely introverted and be
blessed with an abundance of patience and
contentment...haha}
My life truly has not been that altered by the
Stay Home, Stay Safe Order. I lead a pretty
simple life and have tried honing the slower
paced life for some time now...
I don't need a lot of the outside
influences to make my world go around.
The only things that I'm not doing
regularly that I did in my life pre-pandemic
is going to work and church. Quite frankly I
don't miss either right now. No offense anyone.
I said way before this pandemic that
my perfect Sunday would be to listen to the
Tabernacle Choir's Music and the Spoken Word
and take the sacrament..
My wish has come true... for the time
being! LOL Obviously on the flip side extremely
unfortunate because of the awful pandemic, but I
guess all I'm trying to say is that when I hear
people say they want this all to end so they can
have their lives back, as if they find their
greatest joy and purpose outside the home.
I can't relate, because MY LIFE is within
the walls of my home. Lucky me, I say!
💗

No comments:

Post a Comment