Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, September 07, 2017

What's On My Happy List?



Boy have we had a week {or two!}...
not even sure where to start ...
😂 
I wish I had the time to post all the details, but I don't...
 so here is 1/16th of 
what's been going on at our house! 

Two weekends ago Kyleigh had a 
former missionary companion stay over... 
She also went to the BYU football season opener.
Go Cougs!
 Monday August 28th was apartment move in day 
for these four cousins!
Since February, King Henry is the place 
they have had a contract
to live for the upcoming school year.
{Apparently it's an awesome place to live.}
Great social scene blah blah blah...
6 months ago we got the very last apt available 
for shared bedrooms!!!
Felt like it was meant to be kind of thing...

We knew the place was old and dingy...
{It's been around since my sister 
was at the Y in the 70's.}
but all of us were willing to look past that.
They are poor college students after all.

Then move in day occurred...
and GOOD GANDHI...
WERE WE IN FOR A SURPRISE!!!!
To make a very drama-filled, 
hilariously long LONG story short.
The place was NOT move in ready.

Let's just say we were not prepared for old, dingy.... 
AND DIRTY.

Some pics to prove it....
I know, right?????
😳
Like I can't even..
😤

Needless to say we spent the rest of the afternoon 
looking for a new place for them to live.
Trying to find housing a week before school starts
 at the Y, not just for one girl, but FOUR
so they can be together!?!?

No small task my friends!

It was a tender mercy we found
 this glorious place...
{not without it's reservations....
but we had little choice}

Move in day here wasn't until the 
next Friday!!!
So..... we lugged stuff back home.
Rest of the week was spent trying to sell 
their King Henry contracts...
😡
on top of 50 billion other things going on...

Like college job drama
 Hannah's Homecoming School Dance Drama.. 
{more on that in a minute} 
Riding school bus drama....
Car tire drama....
Washer flooding drama...

you get my drift....

Throw in some good eats for my sanity..
180 Tacos with Emmsie
and some much needed girl-friend time at 
Pizzeria Limone...
 Kyleigh kept up her social pace hanging with
 former MTC District buddies...
playing tennis...
and attending the Lady Antebellum concert.
We also went apartment shopping 
for the basics
again and again and again.
{Personally, I never want to see another store in my life.}
 Friday and Saturday AND Monday we made trips down
 to Provo trying to get the girls settled...
This is their new digs for the semester....
a far cry from the other place.

Plenty of room....
In fact cousin Allie, who is like another sister, 
has a corner of her own to put up her 
blow up mattress for sleepovers...
😂
Hannah, legit fell asleep amongst the chaos, 
 marked her spot on the couch for overnighters!!

2 bathrooms for 5 girls 
🙌
instead of at the other place....
1 bathroom for 6... 
 They each have their own room and desk to study...
The clubhouse!
Dang!
It's nicer than our house.
😜
The Poppi!
do'in all sorts of things to help...
cleaning the vent..
😊
He's better at putting sheets on the beds
 than I am.
Or more willing anyway, as I can't stand it. 
😉
This organized girl is going to be the mamma of the group!
Amongst the hubub of moving...
We threw in a birthday lunch celebration 
for me at SLAB Pizza!
Who would have thunk that I would be moving
 two girls to college on my 45th?
*****
Back at it on Labor Day...
flashback to my BYU dorm room 27 years ago! 
😌
Trip to the creamery before having to 
say good-bye
Flipp'in hard having them move away!
They were in tears.
I was in tears.
😥
{At least it's not Korea, right?}
Both Kyleigh and Emma are technically Juniors 
as they both have their Associates Degree.
So hopefully it won't take them too long
 to knock it out and get 'er done!
They've worked their butts off 
to make this BYU opportunity happen.
Super proud of them as they are 
practically paying for everything on their own...
and it aint cheap! 
😐

I hope they have a great experience!
{I thought college and dorm life was a blast!...
they aren't too convinced.... yet 😜 }
 Kyleigh and her buddy Blake on her first night there!
They've been planning the BYU thing for 
soooo long..since Jr. High? 
The first Sunday attending their ward they realized 
they are in the same apt complex and ward as a girl 
they used to play with when they were little little kids...
Her family moved to New Jersey and we moved to Arizona. 
It's been so fun hearing about their time so far...
first day of classes on campus, getting lost, 
conversations with boys... etc!
Kyleigh has so many friends 
down there from her mission..
She's gonna need a social secretary!

 *****
 Hannie had an exciting week!
Asked twice 😮  to the upcoming Homecoming Dance

 One kid left loose change and a poster that said,

"I'm kinda broke, but all I need is a dime like you!
Homecoming?
She was already in the process of being asked by another guy 
{another long story} 
so we let this kid know the next night 
that she wouldn't be able to go with him. 
We came up with a cute way to tie in the 
money theme 
and ask him to the next dance {girl's choice}...
to make up for not being able to go to Homecoming.

Sorry I have to "change" your plans, 
but I won't be able to go to Homecoming with you.

But...

Can we "flip a coin?"

Heads....I take you to the next girl's choice dance
OR
Tails....I take you to Fall Ball!

Either way it's the same thing LOL
You have no choice you are coming with me!

P.S. Keep the change you filthy animal! haha 😉
I went hunting for chocolate gold covered coins.....
This kid is the lucky guy... 
he went to town in Hannah's room with Post-It notes....
In more Hannah news....
Before Kyleigh moved she took lunch
{a huge platter of Chic-fil-A nuggets}
to Hannie and her friends at school.
She's officially the coolest sister around!
She had a sleepover with Hannah too! 
On a side note: Hannie may just die 
with both Kyleigh and Emmsie gone!
*****
Dance resumed for the younger two....
and Kyleigh had folk dance tryouts...
{poor girl really hasn't danced in 3 1/2 yrs..}
she made it past the first cuts tho... Yay!!!...
then got the axe..
she's gonna keep trying
👊
*****
Before Kyleigh and Emma moved 
we had our back to school themed dinner...
breakfast style with a hash brown, egg and ham casserole
{inspiration from the talented marcicoombs.com}

We listened to most of Pres. Uchtdorf's 
Conference talk
"You Can Do It Now"
and watched a Mormon Message entitled
"Rise Up"
ANYTHING to help these kiddos 
who are struggling with having to move away...
They just want to stay home!

*****
The girls were gone only 3 days before
 they made their first visit back ...
Emmsie said it was the 
longest three days of her life!
She came home to attend a 
girlfriend's surprise 20th birthday party 
and to help Hannah answer back her date for Homecoming...
which involved a fairy 
{if you lived at our house, you'd be throughly entertained!}
 and POST cereal!!!!!
{getting him back for all those dang POST-IT notes}
Then we celebrated after....

No comments:

Post a Comment