Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning dรฉcor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

What's On My Happy List?


We spent some time last week
at the 
Happy place!
{the castle is being refurbished so they have this
huge painted back drop covering it}
I have so many pics and food thoughts to share!
Not sure where to even start so I'll just start 
from the very very beginning.....
Kyleigh HAD to attend her first morning class
on the day we were leaving, so 
she rode the frontrunner 
to school and we picked her up on campus. 
Nope, she wasn't excited at all when she saw us.
We then drove straight thru
with just a few stops..
One in St. George for lunch
at Even Stevens.
Yum!
Their Do Gouda is my fav.
It took us about 11 hours
to get to Anaheim. ๐Ÿ˜ต
This favorite travel snack of mine
makes it bearable.

We stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites.
This was our first time staying here.

{I would highly recommend this place}
It's just a ten min walk from the park!
 Kate was so excited
 about sleeping in the bunk beds that night. 
We should have just gone to bed BUT
we headed to Downtown Disney for a late dinner.
We ate at Earl of Sandwich.
Apparently it has the
World's Greatest HOT sandwich.

We had the Earl's Club!
By the look on Emmsie's face you know
how good it was! IT WAS delicious!
Definitely would get it again.
Afterwards, we tried out the new 
Salt and Straw Ice Cream Shop.
Man, did we tried some funky 
ice cream combinations...
I tried these two flavors...

So fun to try, but I probs
would not get them again.
๐Ÿ˜œ
Day 1
{our shirts tell it all}
This was my favorite pic of the whole trip!
The look on these two faces when we got into
the park....priceless!
Pure joy I tell ya.
They were SOOOO EXCITED for
days leading up to this trip!

 Upon entering the gates we immediately ordered our Max Passes. 
They've gone up to $15 per person per day 
{up from $10 last year}
BUT I personally would not do Disney
without them. 
We wait on average 15 mins to get on rides...
plus you get any pics taken by the Disney photographers
for free...
Every trip we head for ADVENTURELAND first!
It's always been one of our favorite places
 to hang in the park!
 Over the years
The Jungle Cruise has typically been the ride  
we go on first. 
Then we hit the biggies....Like Indiana Jones and Pirates...
Kate didn't cry on Indiana like last trip,
๐Ÿ‘
It is now her favorite ride!
Brie's too!
 THEN we start eating....
๐Ÿ˜‚
Seriously next to making memories
and taking pictures
I go to Disney for the food!!!
I am not alone in this.
Throughout our stay we share food
and taste test
and have a bite of this and that. 
Just like last year, I don't think 
I ate one thing 
to myself the whole trip!

This Jolly Holiday Bakery is a family favorite...
Mary Poppins inspired!
The macarons and matterhorn macaroons
there are a must!
From the taste I got...๐Ÿ˜
My favorite macaron is the raspberry. 
{the hubs really misses the salted chocolate caramel one...
bring it back please!} 
There are lots of 
"Get Your Ears On" 
special treats
right now as the 90th Anniversary 
of Mickey and Minnie
is still going on.
This Mickey Macaron at the Jolly Holiday
was a bit of a disappointment...
both Kyleigh and Hannah said they would 
probs not get it again. 
Too rich.
Which is super strange cuz Kyleigh likes rich chocolatey things...
This infamous tomato basil soup
is also at the Jolly Holiday.
I only had a spoonful of my nieces...
but IT TRULY WAS DELICIOUS!
Someone said you could dip an old sneaker in this soup
and it would still taste good.
I half believe that now. 
๐Ÿ˜‚
Guess who finished it up???
{We have a little foodie on our hands!}

We were able to get a picture with Mary.
{one of my favorite characters to see}
Good thing cuz Kate and I had on our 
Mary Poppins shirts and 
I even had my Mary Poppins 
"A Spoonful of Sugar" 
Ears on...
๐Ÿ˜‰
Bert was apparently with the chimney sweepers.
Darn it. 
Another one of my absolute favorites is
Thunder Mountain.
Don't ask where my lipstick went!
๐Ÿ™ˆ
Kate rode Matterhorn for the first time!!!
She survived.
I almost didn't. 
I used to LOVE THIS RIDE!
It seems so dang jerky to me now...
I must really be getting old. 
Small World will always be one of my favorites.
Me and Emmsie ๐Ÿ’™ it!
We ate lunch at one of my 
favorite spots in Disney.
They have a new menu at the Hungry Bear.
Not only do they have my favorite bathroom 
in the whole park....
but they have this fish sandwich now
that was one of the tastiest things I had the whole trip.
Dang good!
The other lunch food item several of the kiddos 
raved about was this 
Lobster Mac n Cheese 
found at the Harbour Galley-
a little food spot on your right,
right before you hit Splash Mtn. 
 It was good, but spicer than I would have liked or expected. 
{p.c. diningatdisney.com}
 While in Critter Country we went to one of our 
favorite gift and candy shops...
Pooh's Corner
This tigger tail tastes like a chocolate orange 
at Christmas time!
We rode the monorail around the park...
which I don't think we've done in YEARS!
{p.c. from thedisneyblog.com}
These four got to ride in the 
special front area 
with the engineer.
We HAD to see the 
Fairy Godmother 
because of the shirt Kyleigh was wearing...
She got soooo many compliments on it.
It was hilarious! 
While waiting for the
evening parade to start...
we tried treats from Maurice's!
Found in another one of my favorite spots...
{left of the castle}
The Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist and 
Boysen Apple Freeze...
you just gotta!
May I say something about the 
new paper straws though...
๐Ÿ˜
leaves a paper taste in your mouth...
The parade always makes my heart happy! 
Like I could watch it numerous of times.
Speaking of Genie and all things Aladdin....
There is a new quick 'n serve food retreat
where the old Aladdin's Oasis used to be,
between the Enchanted Tiki Room
and the Jungle Cruise.
It's called the Tropical Hideaway!
They left the magic carpet at the entrance
I love it, love it here!
Not only is it located in one of
my favorite park areas but

the eats are fantastic!!!!!

Asian Steamed Bao buns....
We tried the Bulgogi Beef and
Kaffir Lime Chicken.
The beef was ๐Ÿ‘Š!
The sweet crispy LUMPIAS filled with pineapple
and warm cream cheese dipped in
pineapple sauce were divine.
Oh my goodness.
I'm still thinking about them!
You can also get a Loaded Whip 
topped with fresh fruit,
 hibiscus crystals and pocky sticks.
I liked it, but didn't love it. 
I wish I would have gotten one of the 
dole whips 
in just plain pineapple, orange, raspberry 
or a twist.
After 12 hours in the park we called it a day!
*****
Day 2
So so true!!!
We spent the day in California Adventure...
It was the first day of the Food and Wine Festival
so we basically ate
our way thru the park.
{Bless our tummies} 
It was also the Poppi's brithday!
๐Ÿ™Œ
Kyleigh bought him an
 Oreo Mickey Shake!
Here's just a sampling of the food we tried
 from the festival booths..
Brie rode the Incredicoaster
for the very first time...
right next to it is
 Jack Jack Num Num Cookies...
Hello!
This is their Gluten Free Cookie...
I'd definitely get this again. 
It was most excellent. 
Why in the world we went on the fetching
Ferris Wheel is beyond me.
The non-swinging one I think I could endure.
But we got a swinging one.
BAD BAD idea my friends.
I thought I could handle it.....
but I was pretty much a hot mess.
There is something that does not
bode well with me 
and the feeling of tipping...
especially backwards.
It's soooo weird.
My Hannie who video records everything 
caught me in my weak moment.
I had some other kids that were terrified 
too so we were so happy when that ride 
was over with!
 One of our favorites...
The Poppi loves this ride!
We saw the Frozen Musical
at the Hyperion.
Very very well done!
 Spent some time at the Animation Station.
They show clips from numerous
Disney movies
on the big screen.
Hannie and I could have stayed in there
for a long time.
It's a nice place to rest.
Did some souvenir shopping...
This pic makes me want to cry
happy, grateful tears...
So does this corn dog!
The only thing that would make it even
better is having honey with it like the
corn dog trucks in Utah have.
Some fun snacks from the Cozy Cone...
mac in cheese in a cone
this birthday hat tastes like cotton candy
and sprinkles come out of it...
๐Ÿ˜€
and at Flo's 8 Cafe...
the Neapolitan Shake is always a 
hit with the kids.
These two get a pickle picture every time 
at the fruit stand!
This is the new Coca Cola flavor
I had a chance to try.
Surprisingly I'm not a fan.
I was also so excited to try this
chicken and coleslaw
at the Poultry Palace.
Sadly it didn't wow me....
I actually like KFC chicken
and coleslaw way way better.
Another not worth your purchase was this 
cherry filled donut from 
Schmoozies!
None of us were impressed. 
On the other hand Hannah said her
chocolate/peanut butter churro was
one of the best finds of the trip.
{only found in California Adventure}
After 11 hours in the park...we called it a day!

*****
 Day 3
Up so so early. I amazed myself.
Like we were walking to the park
IN THE RAIN ๐Ÿ˜ก
in the 6 o'clock a.m. hour.
We had early entry at 7a.m.
With our extra magic hour we made the most of it
in Fantasyland.
Dumbo was closed last trip so Kate
hopped on that first!
The ride for Peter Pan is always
so dang long.
Last year we said forget it, but
the line was doable this time.
Due to the rain there were
less crowds.
๐Ÿ™Œ
But due to the rain
The Storybook Land Canal Boats,
Tea Pots and Alice in Wonderland
rides were closed. :(

Casey Jr. Circus Train was still a go'in tho.
That's where Kate got her Dopey look a like pic.
๐Ÿ˜‚
We had breakfast at the Red Rose Tavern.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT
IN THE WHOLE PARK!
It's all Beauty and Beast inspired.
We tried the glazed ham and cheesy egg souffle breakfast sandwiches, 
buttermilk pancake platter
and the breakfast flatbread with salmon, 
roasted red onions
and lemon caper cream cheese. 
YUM! 
My Hannah Isabelle had on her
Belle shirt and Beast packpack! 
Me and Emmsie went a little 
Villan-y on this day.
I would have worn these Malificient Ears
all day if I could...but the fetching rain.
Kate dressed purple-y as 
purple is Disney's signature color this year.
Last year's color was rose gold..in case you were wondering.
๐Ÿ˜œ
The rain was a tad bit miserable.
Like I love the rain, but not being in it and getting wet.
It was nice to have a spot to get out of it..
This Disney Mexican restaurant is one of my happy places...
we went there to get dry...
they even have space heaters 
We braved the train!
If you catch it at the station behind 
the French Market
you can get some beignets and mint julep 
before you hop on.
๐Ÿ˜‰
Few last rides...
 
We had reservations to eat at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street.
Fried Pickles...
 Walt's Chili
 Chicken-fried Chicken
and Homemade Meatloaf!
{This was the bomb.}
I would definitely go back 
just for the meatloaf. 
Kate wore her birthday pin.
She got a free birthday cupcake. 
 We spent some time in the Disney Museum....
The original map of Disneyland in 1955 
 
I sorta die at this picture!
{read the plaque on the park bench}
Kate had fun souvenir shopping
with her own money...
I did too!
Kyleigh and Allie ate dessert at the Blue Bayou!
Splash Mtn was the fam's last ride....
These girls went on it again and again
 and again...
My last food purchase was the BEST!
THE jalapeno and cream cheese pretzel.

We were able to see part of
Mickey's Mixed Magic Light &
Firework show before we left.
After 14 1/2 hours in the park...
I was so so done.
Especially with being wet and cold
from the rain most of the day
AND Splash Mtn.
I still had a couple kids
that could have kept going.
๐Ÿ˜ณ
We drove straight home the next day...
 back to an awful snow storm.
๐Ÿ˜ฉ
 *****
Kate had a birthday the day after we got back.
This is the spot light poster we made for
her b-day.
She requested Cookie Crisp Cereal 
for her b-day breakfast!

She got to take treats to share with her
school class.
 Me and Emmsie took her Subway!
Eating lunch with one of her best friends...
 
Gift Time!

 B-day dinner at Capriotti's!
Luv you so much Kate!
 *****
The girls gave me a little
surprise gift this week..

When we were in Disneyland
they found the house for the
Little Man of Disneyland.
{It's in a tree by Indiana Jones}
Like who even knew about this???
Well...there's a Little Golden Book that tells all about it.
That's what they gave me.
Super Cute! 
We ๐Ÿ’› Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment