Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh in Korea

mission update-week 61

This past week we finally started a service activity in our area. I've been here almost four months and we just started. Pretty sad. There were none of the previous service activities that we have done in other areas available, and any service projects have to be set up through the city. But our service activity is seriously so much fun. We pick up trash. Yep! Trash! We walk around our church area,  the school grounds {the students throw their trash in the bushes}, out on the streets, and pick up trash. It's a great way to serve, keep the area a little cleaner, and people find it quite interesting when 6 foreigners in church clothes are wandering the streets picking up trash. Haha! {eventually we will be wearing the Mormon Helping Hands vests, but we don't have them at the moment}  Some people even stopped to talk to us. Why are you doing this? Who are you? We told them we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They would say..."Ahhh..I've never heard of that church"... We'd try to talk to them, but they'd quickly say "I've got to cross the street now, bye." But at least people were looking and people said thank you. So that was good. People might not want to learn about Jesus, but they are appreciative when we pick up their garbage. Baby steps I guess Haha! :)

Fav quote of the week:

So we were at a bus stop waiting for a bus to come and this really old man goes HI (in english). So I say HELLO (in korean). He says YOU ARE PRETTY (in english) I say THANK YOU (in korean). He asks WHEN CAN I SEE YOU AGAIN (in broken english). I say IN YOUR DREAMS BUDDY (inside my head of course). My comp and I looked at each other, ran to get on the bus, then busted up laughing....it was pretty funny!

Something that made me super sad and frustrated this week was that I was talking to a girl on a bus and as we were talking I felt like she would have a lot of potential in wanting to learn about the gospel. But once she found out I was "MORMON" she shut down and didn't really want to talk to me any more. Even in Korea people see us as a really bad cult! It's so frustrating. But where there is a will there is a way and Heavenly Father has a strong will. He wants all of his children to return to live with him. So even if people think we are a crazy cult we just have to keep preaching the good word. It's hard and frustrating a lot. But its worth every moment. We can't ever give up on people! Because God never gives up on us. 

Those are my thoughts for the week! :)

Love you all!!!! 
xoxo
****************
from Kyleigh's comp:

Well peoples,

It is hot and it is humid here. It rains for days, but it does not cool down. It remains hot and just gets more humid. My shoes are starting to smell weird. It is all good fun. 😬

So this week we went on the hunt 🕵 to find the houses of a whole bunch of less active and new members' houses in the rain. There was this one building that we tried to check before, but the door man wouldn't let us go in, but realized that we were "pretty" and talked to us and showed us that nobody was living in that apartment. But we wouldn't take no for an answer. So here we came again and this time we had to see the door of the apartment, knock on it, and if no one came, then and only THEN would we satisfied with the truth. But we well knew that the door/gate guard guy probably wouldn't let us in if he saw us again. We at first walked behind the apartment building to see if there was a gate in the fence that we could walk through, but there was none, but there was a nice barbed wire fence. 😬So we said a prayer and waited a second and started to walk around the corner and I could see the guard guy off in the distance and he had come out of his guard hut and was on the other side of the gate with his back to the street and started to fix something. So my companion and I started to walk through very quickly (Face screaming in fearbut calmly, no need to call attention to our presence) and we made it through to the apartment building, quickly ascended the stairs to the apartment we needed to check and low and behold there was a sign on it saying that that apartment was under construction... meaning nobody was living there for sure!!!  Tired face Of course... but now we had the challenge of getting out of the apartment complex again without being noticed. We found a spot of the fence that had no barbed wire and quickly climbed over it. Which is quite the adventure in a skirt. One tries to be graceful in these moments of distress, but it often becomes less graceful more than anything. Smiling face with open mouth and cold sweat But we made it through without any problems Face with open mouth and cold sweat(so far) though it is possible our climbing was caught on CCTV and the guard guy can watch our Olympic ready descent off the fence. Good times people. GoodSmiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyestimes. 

I bought some stickers this week. They are pretty cute! Hanbok (Traditional Korean clothes, Princess (Cinderella and Snow White), and my personal favorite Cats!!!! Smiling cat face with heart-shaped eyes

We also had a 4th of July dinner with the American couple in the ward here. We ate Potato Salad and Baked Beans (very American!). I love the Needhams (the American couple from North Carolina who have adopted all of us missionaries as new friends and family.) Sister Needman and I are Kindred Spirits for sure!

I also ate Duck this week. It was very hot and spicy! But rather delicious! They love to eat Spicy and Hot things on hot days ALLL THE TIME. I may die. But it tastes so good. Face with tears of joy


Welp, that's all I got for you peoples this week. I have a voice message recorded and I need to know if ya'll would be interested in receiving a voice message from me! 

Until next week! Sister Cordero Smiling face with Sunglasses

In other family news this week...

We had a family movie night. Complete with concession stand.
Watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding. 
{printables from sweetdaisydesigns.blogspot.com}




Kate was on Staff duty ;) 


Speaking of movies...Amanda Bynes is in some of our all time favorite movies. 
What a Girl Wants and She's the Man.
The girls and I watched Sydney White for the FIRST TIME this week. 
Like seriously, how did this one escape us? 
It came out almost 10 yrs ago. 
SUPER CUTE!
*****
Daddy took Kate for a Slurpee on 7-11 day!
 *****
German Pancakes for dinner!
 
 *****
Celebrating Hannah getting her official license...
*****
a little one on one with by B. Olivia. 
She is my sushi girl!
*****
Our jaunt to Lagoon. 
 It's the last place on earth we want to be in the blasting heat.
But we tried to be brave...

Kate was super brave! 

It did not go over well. 

 this was more her style

then she got sick... like almost passed out sick... 

It was slow go'in from that point on...


these two were able to go on some of their fav's




While we took it easy... 

I'm telling ya this child does not do well in the heat. None of us do, but her especially. 

Our main goal was keeping Kate out of the sun and hydrated.



So after only 2 1/2 hours {that's got to be a record} we were out of there.   
Good thing tickets were free. ;) 
 *****
Date night at the Tea Rose Diner. 
You guys!! if you like Thai food you have to try this little dive. 
Their Pad Thai. YUM! and their hot and sour chicken coconut milk soup... It's the bomb diggity. 
 *****
Tis the season for mission homecomings and farewells...
Hannah and I were at one this morning, while Emma was at another and then Hannah was off again this afternoon. {Kyleigh's guy friends are starting to return. Can't believe it!}  

*****
One of my favorite things from this week!
Trump announcing his choice for V.P. 
I'm thrilled over this. 
My political junkie self can't wait for the Republican National Convention that starts tomorrow.  
Lots of FOX NEWS watch'in!
;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment