Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, January 22, 2016

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in Korea

mission update-week 36

One of my most recent favorite miracles :).... 
So last week my companion and I needed to make a phone call one night while we were out and about.  I suggested that we stop by the McDonalds to go inside where it was quieter so we could make the phone call. When we walked in a lady started flagging me down and saying hello. I didn't know who she was. My comp and I walked over and come to find out she remembered me from around Christmas time when I was serving in a trio for a week and a half. She had talked to one of the other American sisters I had been serving with. She talked about how it was fate that I walked into the McDonalds She had a friend with her who was curious about our church doctrine,  so we ended up teaching them a full blown lesson there in McDonalds! Something my last comp told me before she returned home was to not only carry with me my Korean Book of Mormon everywhere, but especially my Korean Bible...No matter how heavy my bag is I should always have it with me because people think we don't believe in the Bible. That same morning my comp was teasing me about carrying around the Bible because she said we never use it...come to find out that night we needed it in the McDonalds to prove that we do believe in the Bible. What a blessing to have had the Bible with us! I learned we should always be prepared to teach a lesson, and that following little promptings can bring the biggest blessings! Also, among all the people we talk to...you never know what seeds are being planted and what good it can do :) The Lord really does work in mysterious ways. We just have to trust him because this is his work. Not mine or anyone else's. I'm just an instrument in his hands like we all are to help everyone around us! 

Love you all so much! Thank you for all your prayers, love and support!!!

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

Three of my companions...we all went to lunch together on P-day. 

Our area missionaries
Elder Miller
Elder Song
Sister Kim and I....


 This is one of our English class attendees.
She has been coming to our English class for awhile now.
She and I get along really well. :)
Her name is 김혜림!


In other family news this week....

First off we loved our four day weekend and the break from school.  It was so so nice. :)

There was lots of random stuff going on...

For starters....Playing Dress Up!
Emma and Hannah love doing Kate's hair and make-up and putting her in time period or character costume. They spend hours doing it.. needless to say they spend some quality time together. haha 
It poops Kate right out! ;) 

Catniss from Hunger Games in case you were wondering. ;)




Padme from Star Wars!


Brie went swimming with cousins...

and to the Wairhouse Trampoline Park with a friend. 
These kind of places freak her out so can't say that she enjoyed herself too much. 

A trip to the dentist. 
He said she is ready for braces. AHHHH! 
She can't wait. 
I try and tell her it's not FUN. 
You'd think after watching her three older sisters go through the torture 
she'd be dreading it. Nope.  

Hannah at an indoor soccer game with friends...

Lunch date with daddy at work! 



Prepp'in the drill lockers for Region Competition this weekend.



We provided dinner for a cute family in our ward. 

Did a picnic lunch theme..

Meat and Cheese Rolls
Potato Salad
apples, grapes, carrots
chips
Izze drinks
watermelon rings and cupcakes.
I put a plastic tablecloth and paper plates in the bucket too, hoping they could have their picnic together on their family room floor. 
:)

{found cute printables from eng.ohmyfiesta.com}

Got Kyleigh's birthday and Valentine package put together and shipped off!

Missionary Mall sells these reversible tops. 
{wonder'in if she's gonna like it}


She always requests deo and toothpaste to be sent whenever I send a package. haha
Those items are not normal over there in Korea. 

Some fun finds!
Hannah and I smelled our noses off at Bath n Body Works. 
They have a lot of fun room sprays right now.  

Venice Peach Bellini was our fav!

These are at Costco. Yum! 
Tastes like a crunchy fry!


On a side note: Eat them with an In and Out Burger and your taste buds will thank you.  

I'm telling you, there is nothing better than a good hamburger. 
In and Out does it right by me!
{even more so than Five Guys, Tony Burgers and JCW's}
And when I need to lessen my wheat intake...
the Low Carb Burgers at Carl's Jr. are SUPER de-lish too, but messy.
cuz the lettuce is your bun. ;) 

Lov'in these tamales from Costco...
no wheat in them {thank you!} 
They come in Chicken or Pork. 
SO SO tasty smothered with peach and mango salsa...


So over the break I tried using Gluten free flour on my favorite cookie recipe. 
I was curious how they would taste....
Well....
you can definitely tell a difference, no surprise there... 
but they were still edible. 
{They got eaten!} 
One daughter even said, "Can you make these more often?" 
haha really?


New Disney card game "Eye Found It" 

The Bohme warehouse sale was this week. 
We found some fun things a year ago. 
{Like my favorite pair of jeans that I wear ALL the time. Jeans are $10!}




My favorite find this time around...these boots. $20 bucks!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment