Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh mission update week 22

Hello again everyone!

Monday October 5, 2015
I had to finish packing up the last of my stuff and I had to run with my 50 lb carry on bag to catch our train that was going to take us to the Mission Home (I'm sure I looked hilarious). We BARELY made it. I was pray'in so hard because we would have been in trouble had we missed the train. All of the Missionaries had to get flu shots at a hospital near the Mission Home so that was fun. I got to eat lunch with a bunch of the Sisters from the Mission. After Transfer Meeting my companion and I left to come to my new area. We had FHE with the ward. In this area families come to FHE so it's totally different from my first area.

Tuesday October 6, 2015
Sister Cunningham and I did our morning studies and ate lunch at the house. Then I got to go to the church to email home because I was in Busan all day Monday. We also got permission to go grocery shopping. Spent some time getting the low down on the area. I'm super stoked to be working in this new area. It's an awesome area. I'm excited to be here. We live right next to the city hall. Our apartment building is really nice. We have six missionaries in this area. Four are Elders. I'll be working in a branch here, not a ward like my last area. We had English class, only two people came, but we had a good time. 

Wednesday October 7, 2015
We went to a park and proselyted for a couple hours. Had some good conversations with people. Found another Korean ice cream treat that I love. We made cookies for a less active member we wanted to visit. Made the Korean version of sushi, it's called kimbop! Then we took it to the church and ate it while we watched Women's Conference during dinner time. The Conference was awesome. I loved it! :)

Thursday October 8, 2015
In this area we only have one service activity that we do a week. It is a soup kitchen activity for the elderly like the one in my last area. Except I like this one better. The people are a lot nicer. The set up is better. It's in a nicer place, and I don't feel super scared to be there. The food wasn't bad either, so we actually stayed and ate lunch with the volunteers. We went to a less active member's house. Her name is 한지영s. She has two daughters...it's a long story, but her oldest daughter lived in China for most of her life so she hardly speaks any Korean. We shared a message about Eternal Families. We went to the downtown area and English class proselyted with the Elders.

Friday October 9, 2015
We had our first District Meeting of the Transfer. We talked a lot about having a closer relationship with members and member missionary work. After we ate at a member's restaurant together. Sister Cunningham and I met with a less active member. We visited and shared a message on the importance of studying the scriptures.

Saturday October 10, 2015
I got to watch the Saturday sessions of General Conference which was super awesome and up lifting. Out of the six missionaries in the area five of us are foreigners...for the first session four of us were squished in the church's clerk's office watching it on an iPad. pretty epic :)  We got to watch it IN ENGLISH! Thank you Heavenly Father. 

Sunday October 11, 2015
We got to watch the Sunday sessions of General Conference at the church. We met with our only progressing investigator in this area. She is just plain awesome! She is a senior in High School and asks lots of questions. She's been so accepting of the gospel. We are hoping that she will commit to Baptism soon! She's an exciting prospect. 

It was a really good week. I finally feel like a missionary. I don't know if it's because I'm out of training, but I definitely feel more useful. I'm doing good, and I am very happy. Just very very happy. 

Hope everyone had a good week! 
Love you all! 
xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper 

 My new companion, Sister Cunningham. She's a year older than me. 
She goes home in February. 

 Our apartment is awesome.

American Food!!!


In other family news this week....

Brie and Kate had a day off of school so we took a little trip to the Hogle Zoo. 

The zoo has never been high on our FUN LIST, but we do venture there every so often...say like every 5 years...haha and here is proof. This was Kate at our last zoo trip in her toddler giraffe leggings. 

I have to say I was really quite impressed with the place. They've made some really cool changes since our last visit. And Fall time is the perfect time to go...less crowds and no summer heat. 



We kept track of all the cool animals we were seeing...
{found this zoo scavenger hunt printable on line} 
The orangutans and monkeys are always my favorite 

We got to pet a python snake! 




They've got a mini sea world going on there now too. Awesome!
 



We found their school mascot... the LYNX!

It's always about the stuffed animals for these two.  


A stop at one of Brie's favorite places...
Have you tried the coconut shrimp tacos with mango dressing at Cafe Rio? You gotta. 

smell'in the cilantro...this girl has a thing for herbs...

We wiped her out! 

We've had fun reading reading our Halloween books in the dark at nights with a flashlight!

Sleep over at cousins!

These two had their first Kindergarten field trip this week. To the Nature Center. 

It gets a little crazy around here at the family compound...just say'in!   

Speaking of crazy....Someone {stole?} Emma's backpack at school on Monday. It was gone for two days. It had her wallet, keys to her car, the house, work, a month's worth of AP Art History notes. ETC... Oh gosh. the havoc it caused. The whole situation was a freak'in mess. It reappeared today in some random science classroom. Strangest thing ever. Everything in tact. We think someone mistakenly took it, and was too embarrassed to return it???  Who knows. Doesn't really matter as long as the backpack was found!!! The campus police officer is our new best friend. 

California Pizza Kitchen for date night ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment