Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh mission update week 19

Hello! How are you all? I miss you guys, but I am doing great!

Monday September 14, 2015
We went to a Buddhist Temple in 해인사. A member from the 상인 ward, the Dustin's (the senior missionary couple in the area next to ours) and 7 companionships went! The temple is one of the most famous in Korea. It's over a thousand years old and has a library that has books that are over a thousand years old as well. It was up in the mountains and we had to hike a little ways up to it. My first cultural activity! Yay! For FHE we played LIFE the board game.

Tuesday September 15, 2015
We met with a lady from Cambodia. Long story short she got sent here to marry and old Korean man (that happens a lot because their families can't afford them back at home). So Sister Park taught her Korean instead of us teaching her English. Then we taught her who God is. Which was tough because she doesn't speak any Korean or English...so we are going to order her Cambodian pamphlets and a Cambodian BOM. Teaching her will be tricky, but we are going to try :)

Wednesday September 16, 2015
We had a Zone Meeting. It lasted three hours, but it was really good. Met with one of our Eternal Investigators. Her name is 임신영. She loves God, but chooses not to act on anything because she is waiting for God to give her perfect timing before she will come to church...Very sad and frustrating. We might have to drop her. She has been meeting with missionaries for like three years...We had our English Class Grand Opening. There wasn't a huge turnout, but that's okay. l got to interview people in English. Every one's English was super simple so it was cute and funny.

Thursday September 17, 2015
I was on an Exchange with one of my Sister Training Leaders. An American. Her name is Sister Stratton, and she came to my area for the day. She's lived in Utah too, but is from Las Vegas. She only has one more transfer and will be going home in November. It was cool to get to know her and hear about her experiences. We both have similar attitudes about some things....being a missionary in Korea is very different that what we expected. So it was good to see how she has handled it and what she has learned from being a missionary. We taught three lessons together. I finally felt like I was teaching even though it was very simple. We had dinner at like 9pm. We ordered Chinese food to the apartment and the food man couldn't find our apartment so we had to run around outside to find the names of all the buildings that were around us. It was pretty hilarious. Just think about two foreigner girls trying to order food over the phone in Korean...pretty funny :)

Friday September 18, 2015
I was still on Exchanges until 3pm. Sister Stratton and I went to our soup kitchen service activity and had lunch. Then we un-exchanged, and Sister Park and I went to our little kid library service activity.  After we had dinner with a member and the Elders at a restaurant. Then Sister Park and I visited a member and her two little boys.

Saturday September 19, 2015
We had English Class and I gave the spiritual thought on talents. Sister Park and I went to the hospital to visit the little four year old girl we teach. She had a bad allergic reaction to something so she is there for a few days.

Sunday September 20, 2015
We went to church and met with one of our new investigators. Her name is 최현주. After that we went to a members house and helped the wife cook dinner and we celebrated her husbands birthday. The Elders and a Single Man from the ward joined us. The Elders and us sisters practiced a song for him. We sang "I Know My Redeemer Lives. We each bore a simple testimony about Jesus Christ...that was our spiritual thought for the night. Everything went really well.  

Tomorrow, on P-day, we are going to the amusement park that is in this area, called E World. Another fun adventure.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy! Love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Kyleigh Cooper  

Look I am famous...haha 

 Bing Sew..my favorite treat here! :) 


In other family news this week.....

Murray High Homecoming! 
We Won...Yeah! 

The hubs fly fishing excursion with his cousin. 

Brie's early morning band practices...and before school mini concert she gave me. :) 

She's finally getting sound to come out of her instrument. 
Apparently the band room sounded like dead cows on her first day. 
I wouldn't doubt it. haha  

A little halloween inspired {yes, even in Sept} bday gift for a s-i-l who LOVES Halloween. 
The cutest skeleton head plate on top of a tub of this yummy-ness.

Have you had this before?  My girls love this stuff! 

Fun with friends! 

My current favorite things! 

 My food 'gotta haves'... With my weird  food issues ... 
 these items are staples for me... 

and any good salad! 


WE are in love with the Cinderella DVD that was just released...
I'm a little obsessed with the Theme Song..."Strong" 


Have you heard of Pick Your Plum? HERE 
It's one of my favorite on-line shopping sites along with Zulily, Etsy, and Amazon. 
I found this darling Cinderella necklace recently on PYP. 

I absolutely love TLC's My Big Fat Fabulous Life....
In it's 2nd season. What a happy person Whitney is!... an inspiration and a hoot. 
{So is her mother, Babs.} 
Just love this show... It's my favorite right now!
Til next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment