Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, May 29, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh's Week 2 in the MTC!

Did you know you can have fresh Krispy Kreme donuts delivered to the MTC thru website called called2serve.com? 

I sent enough so that she could share with her District. ;) 
They LOVED them! 

The update below is one voice recording OF 5 that we received from Kyleigh on her P-day.  I had to be the scribe, and for the sake of time, I'm just gonna post this one. :) It tells about her daily schedule. In her other recordings she talks more about her Branch/Zone, how investigators work at the MTC, and also one of her speaking Korean. 
Flipp'in amazing! 
{BTW, The digital voice recorder that we bought her.....hands down the best mission purchase yet!} She can send multiple 6 min recordings instead of writing everything she wants to say in an email.  Saves sooooo much time for her! I think they only have like an hour computer time a week. She still sends some emails and cards in the mail too, but it is wonderful to hear her voice and personality coming through on the recordings. 

Hello family and friends. So a lot of you have been wondering what my  schedule is like everyday. Wake up time is at 6:30 every morning. My gym time is from 6:40 to 7:30. My companion and I usually get up earlier... because at 6 a.m. they have this special thing, only for sisters, from 6 to 6:30 every morning. So you can get up and go do yoga or something downstairs in the gym. It’s a lot of old lady aerobic type stuff. So we just go upstairs and jog around the track. :) Most of the time I’m up at 5:45. We work out for an hour. We have an hour to get ready from 7-8. Then we go down and have breakfast for a half an hour.   Then we have daily planning session for a half hour. Then at 9 o 'clock I start my personal study. At 10 o 'clock we do Companionship Study. At 11 o 'clock we do Language Study. Additional study is from noon to 12:50. Lunch is at 1:00, for a half hour. After lunch, we have class instruction for 3 hours from 1:30 to 4:30. I have a few teachers. Two of my girl teachers are best friends, they went to the same high school, have the same first name, and called to the same Korean mission. Kinda crazy! They are both really sweet and I like them a lot.  We just got a new teacher, Bro. Chandler. He was our first investigator. {investigators in the MTC are generally return missionaries role playing} He is a lot of fun! We have additional study for an hour after that.  Go to dinner. Then from 6:20 to 9:20’ish we have more class instruction with a different teacher. Then we have an hour to get ready for bed, read your scriptures etc. That is basically my daily routine on a normal day. 

I have no breaks. hahaha. 

On Wed and Sat mornings we do service for 75 min's. On Saturdays we go and clean one of the buildings with conference rooms, and on Wednesdays we clean our building, and the bathroom. It's not too bad...but there is a lot of hair in the bathrooms.... CUZ THERE ARE LOTS OF GIRLS! So that is kinda gross.  Every Sunday and Tuesday we have devotionals at night. It is awesome!  We have general authorities come to speak. Everyone was so stoked because this past Tuesday night it was like every missionary's dream. They didn’t tell us who was coming, but we knew it was someone kinda big because the choir had to be super prepared to sing this song. So we went to dinner, and we read on the board that it was going to be Jeffrey R Holland!! WE WERE ALL SO EXCITED! Most of my district and zone wanted to sing in the choir, but my companion and I didn’t, so we just went and waited in line.  There were four elders ahead of us in line. We were the first people to get in. We wanted to get as close to the front as possible.  We figured the first two rows would be reserved already for Holland's family or special visitors. We were able to get the third row! We have three native Korean Elders right now and they are so stink’in cute. They are so nice to us.  So we sat with them and three elders from our district. IT was totally awesome! Holland brought three of his grandkids. One of his grand daughters had just returned from a mission. She went to Milan, Italy. She bore her testimony. That was really cool. It was totally a great experience.  
Sundays and Wednesdays are ice cream days. Friday we get pizza. 
I don’t really have a weekend. There are no weekends here. 
{I’m thinking of the quote “What is a weekend?” from Downton's Dowager Countess.} I’m busy all the time. I'm in the same classroom with the same nine people all day, every day. We are the best of buddies now.  We are like our own little family. 

Pictures!

Kyleigh pictured here with the Korean Branch, Branch President and wife. 



There are four districts in her branch/zone. 
All speaking Korean.
One of the districts consists of 5 girls... 
{2 from the U.S., others are from Australia, New Zealand, and Phillipines.} Those 5 girls leave Monday for Korea. 
 Kyleigh says they are going to miss them!.... They've been sweet to all of the newbies. Who knows maybe one will be a future companion for Kyleigh???
Not everyone in Kyleigh's own district {the ten of them} is going to Busan. Three are headed to the Korea Daejeon mission. 

 Kyleigh with companion and the three Native Korean Elders. They are at the MTC to learn English.

Kyleigh with Murray High kids...All pointing to where they will be serving. I just love this picture! :) 

M is for Murray! Go Spartans. You will not find anyone with more Murray spirit than Ky!!

Her desk! {Love all the post it notes}

I don't think I could do what she is doing day in and day out. Just say'in. 
My eyes bugged out at all the STUDYING. 
Major shout out to all missionaries out there spreading the good word!!!

                                             
Letters Kate and Brie sent to Kyleigh in the mail this week. Adorable!


In other family news....

Brie Olivia!

I was able to go on a field trip to THIS IS THE PLACE with Brie's 4th grade class.


Some pioneer hand cart pull'in! 




We got rained on at lunch! 
I'm beginning to think we live in the sate of Washington. 

Look at those puddles!

Brie's Science Fair!



 Weekend Get Away!
We went up to Scofield over Memorial Weekend. Emma brought her best friend, and Hannah did too. It was pretty darn chilly up there. Even had a skiff of snow one morning. The kitchen is being remodeled so we were without convenience of sink, stove and a fridge in the kitchen, but hey who needs those when you are semi-camping up in the mountains! ;)  








Water was freezing! 
Rachel is now a member of the Polar Bear Club. ;) 




Poppi likes to tease our Hannie.


Shout Out to Kyleigh at the MTC as we passed on the freeway!



Hannah Banana!
Hannah on Spartan Spectacular Night.
New drill team for next year was announced. They've already had several practices. One Saturday practice was 6 hours long. 

There are 18 on the team.
She's been stretch'in alot!

9th grade Lagoon Day!




Hannie and I have a thing for hummus. We love trying different kinds. YUMMO!


Kate's graduation from preschool!

WE loved her teachers! 
You seriously could not have asked for a more loving teacher than this lady right here, Mrs. Leslie. 
Mrs. Leslie loves Frogs. Like frogs are her thing! Theme of the room. 
So our end of year gift was frog themed. ;)




This was the assistant teacher... Miss Stacey. 
 What she wrote to Kate: "You always look so cute and fashionable! You are such a sweet, well-behaved girl and your enthusiasm at school is awesome. 

Miss Stacey adores owls...

Her owl inspired gift!

I got to help in the classroom once a month. 
What a bunch of cute kids!
The teacher asked each one what their favorite part of school was, and what they wanted to be when they grew up. Kate said crafts and a cook! :) 

What makes Kate happy?

The last goodbye. {A little sad} Mrs. Leslie wrote Kate: "I will miss your cute caring personality. I have loved all your adorable outfits. I have really enjoyed teaching you this year. You and your personality brought such joy to our classroom." 
{The comments about her clothes cracks me up, because if they only knew that she looks like a rug rat half the day, and would prefer to not wear clothes or have her hair done. haha!}

{My favorite quote of the week...from Kate}

"Brie will watch a movie with me if I wear clothes for a week."

Like I said, this youngest of mine still has issues wanting to stay dressed for any lengthy period of time.  
{she's happy just in her undies} 
 We are sorta wondering when she will outgrow this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment