Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 54 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning dΓ©cor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories, are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football and basketball fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows. I enjoy politics. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I do not like attention directed at ME. lol I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I hate when my kids have homework. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, and chapped lips drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! There really isn't a food I don't like. LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time. I'm always on the hunt for yummy gluten free food though as I am gluten intolerant. Ugh! I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker and documenter ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (30)

Kyleigh Dawn (30)

Emma Abigail (28)

Emma Abigail (28)

Hannah Isabelle (26)

Hannah Isabelle (26)

Brielle Olivia (21)

Brielle Olivia (21)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (16)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (16)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (6 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (5 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Wedding Day 7*12*25

Disneyland 2026

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, October 08, 2026

What's On My Happy List?

 

September at our house!
 
I had a birthday! πŸ™Œ
It was such a lovely day.
So many happy birthday wishes
came my way...I was actually overcome 
with emotion a couple of times 
throughout the day over it all. πŸ˜‚
{gf goodies from citycakescafe}

I was able to see Joseph, 
my favorite musical, 
the night of my birthday at the Hale Theatre.
It was FABULOUS! 
First time for Jaren and I at the new Hale theatre, 
which is hard to believe 
because it's been around for 9 years now. lol
Seen plenty of musicals 
at the Tuacahn and Eccles,
but had not been yet to the Hale. 
What a lovely place!

Yummy b-day food...
Pre-birthday treat from Hannie
before she left on her cruise!
These acai bowls are bomb...
A birthday lunch at Cubby's with a  
Huckle LaLa Shake

B-day dinner of Greek Zeus fries 
at Santorini's before the show...
************
It's football time!

The BYU season started
the first Saturday in September!
πŸ™Œ
I look forward to it like I do
the Christmas season.  lol
A few days before the game opener 
we took a jaunt to BYU campus to get
photos and visit the new creamery.
**********
In more grand baby news...
Lilly started a dance class with 
her cousin...
Baby V is growing so big!
These were her 4 month pics in Sept...
Repp'in the "Y" cuz football started!
{Baby Kate wore this cheerleading 
outfit 16 years ago!}
πŸ˜ŒπŸ’™πŸˆ

***********
In other family random...

The hubs had his annual 
fly fishing outing with his
fishing buddies...
We call them the "boys of September" lol
It's been a yearly tradition for years now.
B, Kate and I enjoyed our time
walking around Silver Lake up
Big Cottonwood Canyon on
a rainy evening...it was SO SO
beautiful!
*****
Kate enjoying a MHS football game
on camo night!
B and I have enjoyed doing initiatory 
temple work together...
Besides her dental assisting job
Brie occasionally works 
setting up and executing 
weddings with a friend who is a 
wedding planner/organizer.
Kate has even worked 
with them too!
Usually 12 hour gigs!
I love when Brie gets to bring home 
flowers from the weddings
she works at...
B is also an assistant to Hannah 
with wedding content creation when
Hannah is double-booked and/or 
isn't available to shoot a wedding.
Hannah also works with B at the same dental 
office, but as the receptionist.
The two sisters are very intertwined
with their working. haha 
Hannah filmed at 26 weddings last year and 
this year she is booked for 35! 
It's fun to see her work
@thebridalmedia
She had a great time on Brady's family
cruise taken earlier this month. 
*****
In this month's food news...
Our old YW Presidency
tried a new Mexican restaurant
called Provecho...
Found this bottle of yumminess at the
Murray Farmer's Market...
the sushi from KWA...
All the b-day Trader Joe's goodies 
given me, which I share with the fam
cuz no way I can eat all of it, 
nor do I want to...
other than the pink canned sardines!
I'm the only one that's a fan of those! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment