Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning dΓ©cor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What's On My Happy List?



Here's to Week 5 of
Cooper's Covid-19 Coping!

Whoa! If things
aren't weird enough. They just
got weirder this past week.
😳
My mother in law fell not once
but twice. The hubs and her had
a trip to the ER. She fractured a
part of her back. I have two girls that
live with her so that FREAKED
them out. Both falls happened
in the early morn and middle of
the night. That always seems
to add to the frantic-ness of a
situation. There's nothing like being
jolted out of bed at 4:15 am
with an emergency!

Then Hannah got sick...
which there is a whole back story
to ALL THAT. So that was worrisome.
She is feeing much better now. I
finally saw her after 3 1/2 days.
HANNIE!!!

Also, there were two sturdy aftershocks
that were unsettling.
I think I suffer from phantom
quake syndrome now.
Thank u Earth!

The Governor announced that
digital learning will continue
for the rest of the school year.
Which we were expecting, yet
it's still really weird when you
think about it. But... I'm totally
okay with it. So is Kate. Brie
would have liked to have gone
back for the last couple of weeks
as it was her last year at the
Junior High.

And then there was a
murder... {I can't even}
The beautiful couple
that was shot down in a home
invasion over the weekend...
My sister and her family
live across the street from the
girl's parents! They've known this
family for years and watched
Katherine grow up. My sister's
family are beyond devastated
by this horrific news.
It's been heart breaking to hear
the inside scoop on that tragedy
from a close neighbor's point of view.
πŸ˜ͺ
Then we witnessed a bird that
was killing or already had killed
another bird on gma's front lawn.
Feathers and guts...
So ya....Not sure what's up with
this week, but it's been a bit
disturbing... to say the least.


On a lighter note...
This is how we occupied our time
in isolation this week...

Kate was entertained by tin foil.
{Whatever floats your boat girl!}
She legit made some cooking pans
and utensils and cooked her food
over the stove {with an extra
rack for protection}
She's a funny one.
Another day she made a homemade
water filter...
She's working her creative
magic with these rolls of ribbon.
Another day she was collecting rain water...
not sure why...haha
She made the best blondie brownies 
{by herself} with almond flour
for our Sunday dessert. 
Chopping nuts is one of her favorite things
to do in the kitchen. 
She and I went out riding on the tandem. 

Bing wanted to come too.
*****
Hannah read three books in 
like 3 days. That is saying something.
Cuz she doesn't like to read...
*****
Kyleigh had her IFDE 
{International Folk Dance Ensemble}
tryouts by video audition. 
So both Brie and I helped tape 
her doing a myriad of different types of dance
over at the church. 
She just got awarded a $1200 scholarship
from the dance department. 
πŸ™Œ
*****
For our theme this week 
we did some Spotlighting!

Our plan is to spotlight one 
family member a week. 
The person being spotlighted will 
come up with a Kahoot quiz 
about themselves for the family to play.
One night we'll get their favorite treat. 
On another we'll do a simple activity
of the spotlight's choice.
Throughout the week we'll 
watch one of their favorite movies, 
maybe play their favorite game, 
and eat one of their favorite meals. 

This week the spotlight was ME!

At the beginning of the week
we played an All About Mom
Kahoot. This was quite fun for me
to put together. I tried to think of
questions from when I was a child,
teenager, and dating the hubs. It was
kinda tricky for everyone. I think
they learned a few things. LOL
One night we got shakes!
My favorite treat!
An Iceberg Rocky Road
with Peanut Butter Shake
WITH fries and fry sauce..
Yum to the tum.
Ice cream and fries are my
favorite combination.
Another night, since writing in my journal is
one of my favorite things to do, 
{I've written in my journal
on and off since I was 7 yrs old} 
I encouraged the
fam to sit down and do some journaling.
 Ya know to document 
how we are living history right now. 
I do have a couple journal writers.
More so Kyleigh, Hannah and Brie. 
The others not so much. 
 But that's okay, I think I have things 
pretty well documented. haha 
After a few short minutes 
we were off track anyway and we ended up having 
an economy lesson 101 from the hubs
cuz Hannah had a question on how the stock market works.
Oh, and also that night
they guessed what my 10 things are that
I hate, but most people love. 
I'll share. 
Not in any particular order.

1. Lagoon 
{Which is weird cuz I used to really love it as a kid and teenager.} 
2. Sitcoms
3. The summer heat!
4. Most forms of social media
5. shorts 
{you'll never see me wear them...even in the dead heat}
6. CNN 
{most news channels actually...so negative}
7. The Mall
8. kid's playdates 
{cuz I feel like I have to have my whole house clean}
9. Diet Soda 
{If I drink pop, I'd rather have the real thing!}
10. Hollywood 
{celebrity worshiping}

I think I could have listed
 a few more actually, 
but I'll leave it at that!
😜

Another night all the girls and I 
-minus Hannah who was sick-
played Clue...my favorite board game.. 
Friday night was 
Mama Mia II watching...
One of my favorite musicals.
The hubs was {gladly} on an 
evening mountain bike ride 
with a neighbor.
It not his kind of show. haha
I was able to have one of my 
favorite meals..
a JDawg!
 *****
Other random things that brought
light and joy
to our week...

A Bath 'n Body delivery.
Happiness in a box I tell ya.
I shared the joy with my two
ministering ladies with these
cute soaps!
*****
Getting Friday night take out
at several different locations 
for us, my parents and mother-in-law.
It's like a well thought out plan. 
Altho Emmsie and I waited in a line at 
In 'n Out for 25 mins... 
for just one burger and shake.
😲

*****
On Saturday morning we celebrated our 
1 year anniversary of the move into our home
with a yummy brunch....
of Hruskas Kolaches. 
They have savory egg and bacon,
sausage and gravy
...fruit filled and cinnamon.
They are pretty dreamy!
*****
Our neighbors put together a fun
Saturday night activity for the
neighborhood. All those participating
filled out a questionnaire about
themselves and they put together
a neighborhood Kahoot! They
passed out everyone's favorite
candy bar with popcorn and pop.
Downloaded a play list of
everyone's favorite song to sing.
They did a fabulous job! I really
do live in a wonderful neighborhood!

Can u guess what living person I'd have lunch with?
*****
Trying a new rib recipe....
we boiled the ribs in apple juice
We would have put them in the
crock pot but they wouldn't all fit!
Then the hubs and I
seasoned and basted them
in BBQ sauce and baked them in the oven!
Cooking ribs is intimidating to me.
We were all anxious to try them,
but darn it, we weren't thrilled
with the way they turned out.
I think we will leave the rib
making to Gma C.
But gosh, we tried.
*****
My Dad had his 88th birthday!
We had a family parade of cars
come by the house to
honk and wave.
A line up of 14 cars.
+ some neighbors!
It was great fun!!!
One sister threw rolls of toilet paper
instead of candy! 
Then they turned around and came by again 
from the opposite direction.
Good times!
Best thing that's
happened all week!
*****
And lastly, 
In my humble efforts to spread a little cheer
I put together this basket of 
yellow things for my sister's family...
hoping to bring
a bit of sunshine 
after the tragic news of 
their friend. 
BTW, My niece Chelsey is the one 
that set up the 
Go Fund Me Account 
for the Butterfield family. 
{pic from Chelsey's fb post}
If you are able and wanting to help these kids, please donate.
πŸ’›πŸ™

No comments:

Post a Comment