Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning dรฉcor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, April 05, 2019

What's On My Happy List?


A peek into our Spring Break!

We had dinner group at Spitz Mediterranean.
Their sweet potato fries are currently
my favorite fry right now!
They wow'd me!
*****
My best friend's son had his mission farewell.
My Emmsie and I got to help her with some
of the luncheon prep for that.
Look at Emmsie's awesome chalkboard print!
We put our African carved animals and doll
to good use.
*****
We had a gathering for my Mama's 87th birthday!
We have 85 in our family.
53 are pictured here.
Only 32 missing...
๐Ÿ˜‚
My siblings and I with our parents.
{Probably the last time all of us will be
in front of our childhood home before
the move.}
๐Ÿ˜ญ
Kyleigh with the birthday gal!
Ky is in love with her Polaroid camera
and takes a Polaroid of everything now!
*****
We are still finding gems going through
all of my mom and dad's things.
My dad was the only child and inherited all his
parents stuff...antiques, books, paperwork, pictures, 
hope chest of his mom's...
YOU NAME IT!
One of our favorite finds has been this lingerie of my Grandma Bell's!
We were dying! 
tons of old old records..
We cannot find the print date on this book
but I swear it's got to be early 1900's!
My mom even kept the stuff I decorated
 my very first
kitchen in our little apartment in Cali.
Right after the hubs and I were married 
in 1993! 
Came across her wedding veil and cake topper from 1955!
We have even found my great grandma's wedding certificate 
from 1901!!!!!
old VHS's...
paintings of my dad's from high school!
{I think we now know where Brie got her 
artistic ability from.} 
*****
Kate loves playing with her twin
cousins! She helps tend them a lot
and gets paid for it. It's a nice gig for her!
She is also practicing her fashion design skills!
๐Ÿ˜‚
 *****
Hannah and Brie attended the
"Why Don't We"
 concert! They
were so excited the
day had finally arrived!
*****
I had lunch with my sister and parents!
*****
The Poppi and some of the girls 
went to see this movie.
*****
We were home for 1/2 of Spring Break
then the hubs and I went on a trip to
Philadelphia for the National
School Board Conference.
I so have a love hate relationship with travel.
I want to see the world, yet I hate packing, 
it's so hard for me to leave the kids 
AND I'm NOT a fan of flying.
In fact I hadn't flown in almost 11 years!!!!
My ears go thru heck when I fly, 
and it's not anything chewing gum or decongestant will fix. 
I hate take-offs and landings.
I have nervous tears.
I squeezed the absolute crap out of
the hubs hand.
That, along with my ear problems...
it's so not fun!!!
It's pretty though!
The Murray School Board stayed in the 
Old District part of Philly!
The hubs and I ate at Bootleggers 
on our first night there
on recommendation for a good burger. 
It was like a bar/restaurant 
Here we are with our pop!
Next door was this cookie gem!
The few bites that I had of the warm
triple chocolate chunk was a keeper!
Our first full day there we hit the
majority of the historical sites
around Independence Square.
Liberty Bell!
The room where the Declaration of Independence and 
Constitution was signed.
Gives ya the goosebumps!
Who is Barry?
He was the first admiral of the US Navy!
We saw where Benjamin Franklin was buried!

Visited Betsy Ross' home...
Made me think of when I was Betsy Ross in the
5th grade for Amazing American Day! 
We walked down the historic Elfreth's Alley...
We took the creepy, filthy dirty subway
๐Ÿ˜
that afternoon to the Phillies baseball game.
It was the hub's first pro baseball game!
Only my second.
I attended a Dodger's game back in the
summer of 1988.
Philly is known for it's pretzels.
Who knew?
This pretzel with the smoke cheese sauce
was one of my very favorite eats on the
trip.
Along with these crabfries.
SO good!
๐Ÿ˜ญ
Fun afternoon at the ball park.
Phillies won 10 to 4!
That night we, along with 3 other
couples, walked to
the famous Italian restaurant
Ralph's.
Four tipsy women
from Delaware had recommended
it to us!
Had veal parmesan..
and cannoli cake!
The hotel shuttle pick ups at night 
were a hoot to me...
any time I rode the hotel shuttle
it made me giggle seeing everyone cram in to it. 
then driving over the cobblestone streets...
oh gosh!
๐Ÿ˜†
The next day we toured more of
the downtown area.
Philadelphia's City Hall
looks like a European Castle.
๐Ÿ˜
We toured the most beautiful cathedral!

I was in such awe of the place.
Such reverence I felt the second I walked in...
much like our temples.
I could have laid down on one of the pews and fallen asleep...
This would be the hubs job at this church!
๐Ÿ˜‚
Our temple was just down the street...
๐Ÿ˜Œ
We then walked to the complete opposite type of place...
๐Ÿ˜ณ
The oldest penitentiary in the world...
It opened in 1829 and closed in 1970.
We took an audio tour.
I was completely fascinated.
Gangster Al Capone was imprisoned here.
He had one decked out cell!
 We walked to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
to see the Rocky statue.
I jogged up the Rocky steps with our Superintendent!!!
๐Ÿ’ช
THEN we went to the oldest 
Farmers Market in the country!
My eyes bugged out.
I've never seen anything like it.
The choices of where to eat 
was mind boggling.
A foodie's paradise really. 
Glorious sights all around...

We decided on Philly Cheese Steaks!
Cuz if there is a long line you know it's good.
I had the Franklin
which included Philadelphia Cream Cheese
 and 
it was yummy!
๐Ÿ˜‹
The treat options...
๐Ÿ˜ฑ
The hubs loves chocolate covered Oreos.
I got an Almond Joy cookie which was fabulous!
We checked out where the Conference was going to
be that weekend.
We walked through China Town
and walked to see the tomb
of the unknown soldier(s)
from the Revolutionary War.
I think the buildings and architecture
in Philly are just beautiful!
These were some of my favorites from
our walk that day!
That night we had the privilege of eating
at the City Tavern Restaurant.
I'm all about the food, but if it has ambiance 
AND has a historical background to boot....
It's a triple win for me.
This restaurant was all Colonial inspired.
I was dying of glee.
There was a harpist in period costume
in entry way..
waiters and waitresses were all decked out too! 
In 1777 Congress celebrated the 
First Fourth of July
in this building. 
Washington also made it the headquarters
for the Continental Army.  
No biggie!
A rep from Zions Bank paid for all 12 of us to eat here.
๐Ÿ™Œ
First of all, you know me and my lemonade.
Theirs was superb!

Had cornmeal fried oysters...
Cabbage and ham soup
Colonial Turkey Pot Pie
The hubs had Martha Washington's Chocolate Cake!

and I had the creme brรปlรฉe.
THE BEST creme brรปlรฉe I've ever had.
Like seriously, probably my fav food of the trip!
Sat morning I attended opening session and another class with the hubs...
Thousands and Thousands and Thousands of people
from all over the country were here
for the Conference.

This high school boy's choir performed and
knocked it out of the park!
So so talented!
We went back to the market for lunch!
I decided on a Ruben from Hershel's.
and a lemon Pennsylvania Dutch doughnut!
Read and watched some of my Spanish Drama
while the hubs attended another class...
Gosh the bus ride back to the hotel that day was an adventure.
That night we had another free dinner!
A seafood dining experience overlooking
the Delaware River!
the plating and food presentation 
at this restaurant
was AMAZING...
My fried coconut shrimp
came in this ginormous rice bowl.
It was so impressive.
Jaren's lava cake!
We walked along the riverfront
back to the hotel.
Love locks like in Paris!
๐Ÿ˜Œ
Next day we went to a luncheon for
all the Utah School Board Members
then did some more sight seeing...
This home is where Jefferson
penned the Declaration of Independence.
Went to the Franklin Museum...
tools Franklin used in his print shop
Pretty cool to see all the things he invented and discovered!
This carriage box carried him to
the signing of the
Declaration of Independence.
After 4 days I felt like we had walked 
ALL OVER
Philadelphia!
That's even with 5 Lyfts, shuttle and bus rides.
I was constantly intrigued by little compacted
shops and boutiques
the cellars!
and people's parallel parking skills.
We had a late flight home.
๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ฉ

This was taken at like 12:30 in the morning
at the airport!
All the kids wanted to come and pick
us up, even on a school night!
They made a welcome home sign
out of paper plates.
{It's tradition!}
We had to do a redo cuz the airport one
was too blurry. I don't think we crawled in
bed til almost 1:30! Morning came way too
early, but it was all worth it, the hubs and I
had THE BEST time!
Emmsie held the fort down while we
were gone and did a phenomenal job.
They had some fun eats while we
were away...

Her and Hannie are a little obsessed
with the baja bowls from Costa Vida...
They go there quite often after school.
 
 Hannie!!! haha
Brie spent hours over Spring Break painting 
Vincent van Gogh pictures.
She has a print of the upper right one 
in her room called
Starry Night over the Rhine.
Her painting looks just like it, just in mini form.
๐Ÿ˜ณ 
It's amazing to me. 
She also got a new mountain bike this week,
which she is pretty stoked about!
and Kyleigh went to Color Fest!
*****
And lastly,
Here are 2 of my current favorite things...

Oh peeps...this new Masterpiece!!!!
Good stuff! 
It's based on a true story. 
and this sparkling water.... I'm a fan!
๐Ÿ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment