Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Monday, August 22, 2016

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh in Korea


mission update-week 66

Hello Everyone, 

I had heard this story before, but for some reason it struck me differently this week...There is a ward near Busan that has become like a ghost town. Three years ago it was the biggest ward in the mission...close to 200 members.. Randomly one Sunday a ward leader was talking at the pulpit and he suddenly screamed that this was not the true church... along with many other things.  The next Sunday 11 people or so showed up to church. Because of this man the biggest ward in the mission became nothing. This man was actually a part of a church in Korea that is known for taking down other churches. These Shinjeonji church members go to other churches, become members, get high church callings and then they destroy from within the church. That is their whole goal, their whole purpose.  The sad thing is is that even though the ward members found this all out later, they never came back to church.  I thought of this scripture. D&C 45:26. "Men's hearts will fail them". This world is deteriorating and people's hearts are failing. We need to do everything we can to make sure that Satan can not get to us. He wants us to fail. But we can fight back. We can strengthen our testimonies and our families. We can help the less active, we can fulfill our church callings, and stand up for what we believe in. Satan wants us to fail, but God wants us to win. And we can. We need to have our own strong testimonies so that no matter what we will survive, and our hearts will not fail us. Stay strong people!! You can do it! (:

Love, 
Sister Cooper

Changwon Zone Conference

The mission president's wife said we looked like we were going to prom 
as we were coming down the stairs so she told us to stop so she could take a pic hehehehehe :)


In other family news this week!

B, Kate and I had a last hurrah with lazy Summer mornings by having an A.M. Peanut Party in PJ's, having peanut goodies for breakfast, and watching the Peanuts Movie. 

{which we'd never seen and quite enjoyed} 
*****
Kate's last swim lesson...
she was so happy to have those over with. 


"I was not born to be a swimmer," she told me.
*****
Great Aunt Jill and her grand daughter paid grandma C. a visit for a few days.
The kiddos played for hours.
On one afternoon three rounds of a "chopped" cooking challenge was brewing in the kitchen.

Kate amazed the judges with her appetizer
*****
Our Annual End of Summer Ward BBQ

*****
Some of our favorite Olympic moments from the past two weeks...

Emmsie fell in love with this USA Diver...
Steele Johnson.


She bought herself a new car this week with her hard earned money. 
Guess what she's named it? 
Steele
Very fitting.



Loved watching these two!


And these two...
{although I'm confuzzled over Lochte at the moment.} 
I had high hopes for him this Olympics as he was one of my favorite athletes from 
the London 2012 games. 
He was a bit of a disappointment this time around. 
To say the least.


and this duo...
image

But my fav...is THE British Diver, Tom Daley!!
We fell in love with him four years ago.

Tak'in the Bronze in synchronized diving.

Huge shocker when he didn't make it into the finals in the 10M platform. 
We were stunned! 
Especially since he was ranked first in the prelims..

Some other great moments for me...

These Brazilian gymnasts surprisingly taking Silver and Bronze.

True sportsmanship...
image

Loved this South African runner's story!
image

and watching this gymnastic documentary on the Karolyi's. 
{Excellent}

One Olympic sport I look so forward to watching is the Synchronized Swimming!
That, and Rhythmic Gymnastics.
They both are mesmerizing to me.
{They don't give them enough air time though. It bugs.}
image

We had a little taste of Brazilian Express to end the Olympic experience.
Tried some tasty appetizers..like Coxinha, and Bolinho De Bacalhau.
Can't pronounce what we ate, but it was good. ;)
*****
Did you know I hate the mall?
Like I avoid it as much as possible.
This place, however, is one of very few stores that puts a smile on my face.


Cuz I'm a smeller!
{I love me a good smell.}
I'm lov'in the fall scents at Bath n Body Works.
They have the cutest school inspired hand sanitizers right now.
Nerdy Nectarine is one of my favorites.
*****
Activity Day Family Picnic...
grilled panini's, frisbee and badminton.

Brie has awesome Achievement Day Leaders!
*****
One of Ky's good friends got home from his mission. 
Awe! 
I saw this pic of her four best friends together again and I may or may not have shed a few tears..


Speaking of Kyleigh...
 she will be home in 100 days from today!!....
we got her homeward bound itinerary from the church travel services this week ...
can you even believe?
*****
Hannah at the Bee's Game with friends...



Her first football game of the year and halftime performance




Saturday night's "Last Swig of Summer"
*****
The night before school I delivered some Jitter Juice to my Primary kiddos....

the hubs also gave a father's blessing to each of the kids
Emmsie is not a hugger..but Dad stole one ;)  

Kate had a tooth dangling on the eve of First Grade..
several of us took a turn trying to pull it out...
Even a little old lady at church tried.
No luck :(


Favorite quote of the week!...
Hannah got this group text Sunday night from her best friend....
lol

How this household feels about the first day of school!
{Lord help us.} 

And now to our annual end of summer tradish...

*Our Top Summer Songs*

Taste the Feeling- by Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell
Sia's Cheap Thrills for Emma and Hannah
Can't Stop the Feeling by Justine Timberlake
Work'in by Jamesthemormon & David Archuleta
Me Too by Meghan Trainor
Rise (NBC Olympic Video) by Katy Perry


Goodbye Summer..til we meet again! ;)
First Day of School post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment