Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh Mission Update week 26

Hello Everyone! 

Monday November 2, 2015
P day! We met with our investigator 안미연s early in the morning. We haven't been able to meet for two weeks. She seems curious about the church, but we aren't quite sure where she is at with religion in general. It was a nice relaxing P day. One family showed up to FHE and we played freeze tag. It was fun :)

Tuesday November 3, 2015
We heart attacked a less active member's house {with paper hearts} and left brownies. We also went back to Sister Kim's house and helped her with more painting. The taxi driver that drove us to sister Kim's was awesome. He didn't want us to pay the taxi fare because he said we are doing a great work. He basically told us to go preach it to the people. Hilarious! We gave him a Book of Mormon :) We had English Class and three people came this week!

Wednesday November 4, 2015
We had District Meeting and I gave a talk on Effective Study. We were able to find a contact for the 방어진 Sister Missionaries. We met with a former investigator. Her name is 박향미s. She is an artist and owns her own studio. At one point she wanted to be baptized, but she is super busy with work... We also met with a sweet family for the first time with one of our Elder teams. We will be doing our 30/30 program with them. They are Christian and seem super chill with the us teaching about the Gospel, so fingers crossed :)

Thursday November 5, 2015
We visited a member for lunch. Her name is 오정란s. She is the best. She asked about our investigators and what she could do to help them. She is a convert herself.

Friday November 6, 2015
We worked on our Mini MTC meeting for the Branch Members. We visited a less active member. Her name is 김윤애s. She is finally starting to make some progress. She knows what she needs to do to receive answers from Heavenly Father, it's just the whole acting on it part that is hard. The whole easier said than done thing. But she is making some progress and that is what matters.

Saturday November 7, 2015
It rained almost all day. We had English Class and I gave the spiritual thought on service. We had a huge District Music Concert. All the Branches got together and performed. It was like the smaller version of a road show hahaha! It was fun!

Sunday November 8, 2015
Another rainy and cold day! We had the opportunity to attend the English speaking Sunday School Class with all of the foreigners in our Branch. It was nice to be able to fully understand a lesson...it's been a while :) haha! We ate lunch with the Branch after and had choir practice ( my personal favorite) haha NOT! But I try to be a good sport and sing :)

I hope everyone is happy and healthy! This week flew by so fast! My scripture from the past week was D&C 6:36. I hope that is the right reference. It is the one that talks about not having fear :)

Love you all so much! Have another great week and enjoy getting ready for the Holidays!!!

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

P.S. Did Adam and Eve have a date? 
No Adam and Eve had an apple! Haha! An Elder told this joke and I thought it was funny :) 

In other family news this week...

Well Hello there Mr. Bond!  
No secret that the hubs and I are huge Bond fans.  
We went opening night. 
Had our tickets dayzz before! :) 

We were picked up by neighbors in our pretend Aston Martin for the night. 
We really had to use our imagination on that one. ;)

Good food, good company, good movie = good time
{on the most random side note: we have A LOT in common with these people...We are all raising a houseful of girls. 
12 of them collectively! no sons amongst us} 

When I first heard a bit of Spectre's theme song a month ago.... eeeh! 
I was not all that taken with it.  
NOTH'IN like we were by Adele's Skyfall. 
{I think the girls and I listened to that like fifty billion times before the show even came out.} 
BUT MY GOSH, I'm TOTALLY feel'in "Writing's On The Wall" now. 
Hearing it on the big screen...with all the opening stuff going on. Incredible. 
The opening scene in Mexico City...So flipp'in cool!!! 
One of the best Bond openers in my humble opinion.  
Anywho, this music video might as well be on repeat. LOVE it. 


This is just too cute for words. 

*****
Our Ward Young Women had their "Harry Potter" themed Young Women's in Excellence.  
Hannah and Emma displayed their value projects on Integrity and Faith. 
So grateful for the YW's program and their awesome leaders! 
I'm telling ya when I go to these functions and we all stand to recite the Young Women Theme..
it just chokes me up.  It's powerful!  
I love Young Women's, and I love teenagers! 
One of these days I'll get around to posting some tips on raising teenage girls. 
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but just stuff that I've learned along the way.   

*****
The hubs is so excited about his new fly fishing flies. 
The Provo River is calling his name again this weekend.


*****
It was dance observation week for parents! 
So fun to get a sneak peek at their dance for the Christmas recital....

*****
One of my favorite foods of late...these Indian sauces! {At Costco} 
So convenient and yummy! 
Serve with rice and naan bread. 
Easy Peasy!
The hubs also makes a really tasty homemade Chicken Tikka Masala. 
All my kids love Indian food. 
Kinda unusual I think. But it's actually one of the few things we ALL like. That, and olives. haha

*****
So I have found another FAVORITE tv series. I ABSOLUTELY love it! If you are half the period drama junkie that I am you are gonna love it too.. Just finished season 2 and anxiously waiting for season 3 to be downloaded....{cuz I'm kinda going through withdrawals here. :o} It's inspired me to update my favorite movie/tv show list from a few years ago. Hope to re post it in the next few days. Cannot wait to share my good find. 

*****
Taking it back to three years ago this second week of Nov for Throwback Thursday!  
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment