Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, July 17, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in Korea! 
mission week 9

Kyleigh left the MTC on Monday, July 13th. Just two days shy of 9 weeks. She left in the wee hours of the morn. {She said it felt like they were escaping prison as it was in the dead of the night, and they were herded out quietly and quickly haha}  She was able to call home later that morning from the Salt Lake airport before flying out. We were able to talk for close to an hour. It was great to talk to her... Although a little hard on the emotions as it was like saying goodbye all over again. 
A missionary mom friend suggested to say a prayer with her before ending the call.  
I'm sorta known around here for praying in the car as I drive. 
Even praying in the bathroom. 
Prayer works anywhere, right? 
Now I can add praying over the phone to my list. ;) 
Kyleigh's group flew to Seattle, and then had a 15 hour flight to Seoul.....then another flight to Busan. Kyleigh told us she might be able to call from Seoul to at least let us know she had arrived safely in Korea. That call would have come in the middle of the night Utah time. Needless to say I didn't sleep too well that night. I kept waking up wondering if I had missed the phone ringing. 
No call ever came. 
Just kept thinking no news is good news.
 Finally Tuesday night about 7:00 {10:00 a.m. Wednesday morning Korea time} we got an email from Kyleigh.

Welcome to Korea!    

Hey Mom and Dad!!!
I made it safe and sound. I tried to call home from Seoul but couldn't figure out how to work the phone haha! The airport in Seoul is HUGE!! We got delayed there about half an hour because it was so foggy and dusty outside. We arrived in Busan about 7 something last night {Tues.} The mission president and his wife and some of the office missionaries were there to greet us. We drove through the big city and it was so cool. I'm in Asia!!! I'm in Korea!!! I kept telling everyone that it is so weird that our families are on an entirely different continent! We arrived at the Mission home and I felt just fine. I feel at home. This is my new home for 16 months. I feel like I have been waiting to come here since before I got my mission call....it's strange...I feel at home...maybe it's the whole foreordained to this calling thing. Any way I love you all sooooooooooooooooo much! I just got to send this quick email to let you know that I am alright! We meet all the trainers today and I get assigned tomorrow. I'll talk to you soon!! Love you much!!!!!!!

Love, 
Sister Kyleigh Cooper :)

Wednesday morning we received a few pictures from Kyleigh's mission president, Pres. Barrow. This was Kyleigh's first day in Korea... about to go out "jundohing"... Korean word for proselyting... I'm guessing. 

Thursdays are no longer her P-days. We are assuming it will be Monday. Looking forward to hearing from her again. 

On the day Kyleigh arrived in Korea the family showed our Korean pride 

Displaying the flag out front. 
   

We had mini Korean flags lining the walkway....



We had Korean food for dinner.  



Hannah and I made dessert sushi. 
{made from donuts, Swedish Fish candy, Twinkies, fruit roll ups and fruit snacks.} 
Idea from Over The Big Moon HERE
This went over way better than the meal. Just say'in. 





 Before Kyleigh had left the MTC she mailed home the last of her things that she decided not to take with her. On the day she arrived in Korea we got that package. Makes you sad and happy all rolled into one. I have to say I'm gonna miss those runs to the mail center to get MTC packages off to her. It kinda became a weekly habit.  My sending package days are very limited now. Just too darn expensive to send to Korea. That's why you set up an Amazon Prime Account with her Korean mission address. 
Another great tip from Bella in Berlin. ;)

65 days down. Only 485 to go!! Go Kyleigh in Korea!!!


In other family news this week......
 My girls love to watch cooking shows! Emma and Hannah used to play "chopped" years ago. With Kate's recent obsession with cooking, we decided to play it again for Family Night. The girls were in two teams. I came up with ingredients they were required to use for 3 dishes.....an appetizer, entree, and dessert. To up the challenge there is always one ingredient that doesn't really belong. They can add any other ingredients they want as long as the required are in it. The hubs and I were the judges. Scoring them on taste, creativity and presentation.  



Taste testing was delightful! 


For the entree...chicken, tomatoes, hummus, black beans, fresh basil and apricot preserves...

resulted in a yummy chicken salad with an apricot dressing as well as a chicken/hummus panini with tomato side dish. These guys are skilled in the kitchen. Just say'in.

Dessert ingredients....

results were a pudding/fruit trifle in a canning jar and brownie pudding cake garnished with fresh mint. 
Everything was edible and tasty. 
{This judge was impressed.} 
I could not decide the winning team. I left that up to the hubs. 
 

Emmsie got to join us for lunch this week at the hospital. She volunteers off site at the IHC childcare center so she usually isn't able to be with us when we eat lunch with dad on volunteer days. 

Hannah got to spend some time at City Creek shopping with her good friend. 

We had a "garden" activity. 
Have you seen this garden coloring book? It's gorgeous! 

 SO... truth be told I have a little thing for fairy gardens. I'm quite fascinated by them. Kate, Brie and I went and got a few items to add to our fairy garden that we started last summer. HERE




Emma and Hannah got to go ice blocking!





Fun with the cousins! 



Hannie has been wanting to go to this place forever. I took her on a one on one to celebrate a job well done with her post surgery recovery. She did awesome!  



They even have gluten free bread. So this place is a keeper! 
I have some funky food allergies. Which is quite the story, but that is a post for another day. :)  


My current summer read. :) 
I'm a sucker for a good biography. Add classic Hollywood. 
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
The actors and actresses from that time. 
THE BEST. 
Gary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Doris Day and Rock Hudson
are among some of my favorites. 

The book talks about the filming of SABRINA...
one of my all time favorite movies! 
{Although I like the remake with Julia Ormand, Greg Kinnear and Harrison Ford even better.} 
If you haven't seen this show. You just have to. Paris is involved. 



Since we are on the topic of Audrey....Kyleigh and Emma's room is kinda all classic Hollywood...Audrey inspired. 


We have a collage wall of classic Hollywood stars. 
Kyleigh loves this James Dean poster that her cousin gave her! In fact that was one of a few things I was not to get rid of while she was away. haha









These are Couture Magazine covers from the 50's & 60's.

It's Audrey though that makes her presence known throughout the room more than any other classic movie star. 





Seeee...Here she is AGAIN! :) 

We even have THE CUTEST children's book about Audrey!
We sorta like her around here. 



 Funny thing about that bed pictured above...That's Kyleigh's bed. Or was before her mission. After Kyleigh left, Emma wanted to sleep in it. So not only is her bed taken, but Brie got Kyleigh's cell phone.... The hubs drives her car. Hannah wears her clothes, and I wear her Alex and Ani bracelets. 
Kyleigh might not want to come home for awhile. lol  


In entertainment news......
Are you watching the new PBS Masterpiece? 
SO SO GOOD!
I think the quote from the UK Guardian says it best...
"Rugged and gorgeous... and that's not just the coastline." 
;)

Woman in Gold is out on DVD! 
We had a little celebration over that. 
I'm thinking one of the best movies of the year!

Cannot wait for this other summer DVD release! 
Emma and I saw it back in May. 
Goodness me....it became an instant favorite. 
The story line reminded me a bit of Sense and Sensibility. 
If you like anything Jane Austen'ish "Far From the Madding Crowd" is must see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment