Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Monday, June 10, 2013

What's On Our Happy List?


Our week in review! 
Summer is officially here...there is mixed emotions around here about that!
This was a little end of year gift that Brie gave to her 2nd grade teacher.  
Asking the teacher her shoe size {but not saying why} proved to be a little awkward for B, but she pulled it off.  
[free printable from happyhomefairy.com]


Brie I'm so glad I was waiting for Brie on the last day because she was in full blown out tears and needed a big hug! {and a run to In n Out} Her little tender heart was crushed as her best friend at school is moving and she had to say her goodbyes to her. Brie has been dreading it and was not excited for school to end for that very reason. She's a good little student and got an awesome report card! A sea of E's for Excellent.  Math is her favorite subject!

On the last walk home from school we gave a little thank you gift to our crossing guard lady.
She is my waving buddy every morning on my way home from taking B to school.
She does her job so well that I wanted to thank her for keeping our kiddos safe!
{printable from makinglifewhimsical.com}



Hannah did awesome in school this year. She got all A's  4th term except for a tinsy A- in Science. :) Which happens to be, btw, her favorite subject.
Wow!
Not her mother's daughter on that one.
She became an official teenager on the last day of school, June 6th!
{I now have three teenagers in the house.}
Booya!
 After signing yearbooks she went out to lunch with friends at the new Chic- fil- la down the street from the Jr. High. Afterwards we looked at her yearbook together.
{looking through those yearbooks is one of my favorite things to do}
She went through all her classmates and told me which ones she knew...it was SO DANG FUNNY!
It went sorta like this...
"This kid I've never seen in my life."
" This kid is weird."
"This kid is really weird."
" He's expelled."
"He's the one that sleeps in math class and Mrs. Rindlisbacher makes him get up and walk around." "This girl falls in gym class everyday and pretends something is broken."
"This kid smokes."
"This girl is really nice to me, but super mean to other people."
"This girls is super funny, but has straight F's and is happy about it."
"This kid comes to school 'high'."
"This girl is the one that didn't know what a fact was in my English class."
{Don't you learn that in preschool?}
"This person didn't know how to use an iron in sewing class."
And a few we couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl.
OH GOSH! Funny stuff.

 It was her off year as far as a friend party so I was off the hook, but she ended up with one anyhow. Later that afternoon her girlfriend threw her a surprise pool party with a bunch of friends.
Cupcakes and pixie sticks included.

 My friend at one point counted 18 in her backyard pool!
One of the boys invited gave her a 1D poster as a birthday gift.
He scored some brownie points.


 She couldn't even swim though {bummer} because we had other celebrating to do right after.
She went on a date with dad and I to McGraths for seafood.
She loves white fish and calamari!
It was yummy, but it took FOREVER to get our meals. grr! SO much so that by the time they brought out our main meal we had to ask for our check and dogie bags.
We had a show to catch!

Hannie and I blitzed downtown with 2 minutes to spare to see the Broadway musical Jersey Boys! Gosh I've been wanting to see this for about 4 years now ever since I saw this....

 I was forewarned about the Jersey language and was a bit hesitant to take Hannah, but Hannah assured me it wouldn't be any different than what she hears in the halls at the Jr High.  The music did not disappoint....it was crazy good! And the guy who played Frankie Valli....Gosh! His voice was uh-mazing! But those boys certainly had pottie mouths. {Hold your ears folks!}
I think Hannah was the only 13 year old there. Ha! Now I know why.



 Emma had a full fun week as well....The 9th graders had Lagoon Day, as well as the 9th grade promotion award breakfast catered by Kneaders for the entire 9th grade class, and their parents, which was followed by official 'sluff' day.
Then of course Yearbook day followed with a pizza/Roxberry run and hanging out with girlfriends. That night they watched their guy friends play rugby, ran through the sprinklers and had a bonfire with a big group of kids.

She got some impressive awards!
Accolades in her yearbook from her geography teacher, Mrs. Lippincott, makes my heart smile because she knows what I know.
She writes...."Miss Cooper a.k.a. "The Lady Emma" {her teacher is a Downton fan and is convinced Emma belongs on the show} You genuinely walk in grace and beauty. I have always been impressed with your "self-possession."

Pretty darn cool I say. Emma is a tich sad to be leaving 9th grade behind. Especially her honors English teacher and class.

 Emma also participated in the Scottish Highland games this week. With her chanter teacher's encouragement she chose to compete in the solo competitions with two of her songs on a grade level higher than what she is. :0
She was super nervous and I didn't blame her.
Especially trying to solo this early on in her piping career. She was just doing it to get experience and didn't expect to place at all.
Well guess what?
Out of 9 competitors in her group she placed 2nd on her first song and received a medal.
She took 5th out of 8 on her second, with a much trickier song.
I was just so proud of her to have enough courage to try.

The whole day.. from the time we left the house to when we got home was almost a 12 hr gig. Not including the opening ceremonies the night before. I thought I could still hear bagpipes playing in my hears when I went to bed that night! It was a long, but very enjoyable day.

 Dad was helping up at the Stake property til the afternoon but he was able to come later and bring Kate for a few hours. We were trying on Kate's kilt the night before and she said "but I don't have pie pipes!" 

Emmsie's beginning grade level took second place in both their competitions. 
 The band's other levels always seem to take first place. THEY ARE GOOD! The entire Wasatch and District Pipe Band...it's quite the crew!

Emmsie with her private teacher and her pipe band teacher. Awesome ladies they are!

 Now I know where we get our Scottish fever...We found Clan Bell {my maiden name}

 It's in our blood through three lines of our ancestry on my parents side... Bell, Clegg and Cameron..

Kyleigh
the fun never seemed to stop for her this week until she crashed a burned this weekend with strep throat.

She is miserable!

But I'm afraid she was asking for it, keeping strange hours that last week before school got out...ya know up half the night working on homework deadlines.

She took some hard classes this year..Finance and Math through the Community College, Honors English and AP US History {her favorite class and teacher} All combined was a little much and hard to keep up with, but she still has managed to keep a 3.9 someth'in accumulative grade point average, which I think is amazing for everything that is on her plate.

One of the highlights of the week was when she found out she got a 97% on her Math final {thanks to Boy#2 who helped her study on Memorial Day..that kid saved her behiney.} She took the pre-scheduled ACT again this weekend hoping to improve her Science score but at that point she was sicker than a dog.

I got home from the Scottish Festival Sat night and took her straight to the insta care before it closed. Although she was sick most of the week with cold symptoms she just kept going and going.

{I think she's learned her lesson the hard way}

On top of work orientation {she just got a job at the local Harmon's as a cashier/bagger} there was the Yearbook party!
Seminary hang out!
Park hangout/water balloon attack!
Driving around in a make shift pool in the back of her friend's dad's truck bed!
Cruising in boy #3's jeep and house exploring!
Baptisms for the Dead with some of her best buddies... they hit two temples in one afternoon!
Party at Dallas' and sleepover at Mercedes.
It culminated with an early morning hike up Ensign Peak with about 75 of her classmates to see the sun rise, and McDonald's after for breakfast... and then sleeping and studying for the ACT.

The life of a teenager!

Loved looking at her yearbook too. She has some amazing friends and or admirers.
One guy wrote.."You are God's gift of pure beauty and sweetness. Stay classy! Amen to that.

The week before school got out she had her last pep assembly and drill performance of the year. 

  Senior Sunrise!
{just so you know half these pics on here have been kifed either from Kyleigh's friend's instagrams or face book pages. My kids are not picture takers. So thanks to those that took pics!}

 ...She was over in a corner about ready to puke in this picture...obviously not feeling well.


 The truck pool!

 Baptisms at the Draper and Oquirrh Temples...


Catching up on other stuff....

Ya know the mama bird that built her nest in our tree right by our front door?...it had babies! It has been a delight watching them.






Memorial Weekend...
 We were going to go to the family trailer up at Scofield over Memorial Weekend like we usually do but the bathroom is being renovated and there were water problems. :/ So Dad just went up with Emma and Hannah for a quick overnight'er to help with the bathroom issues...

they had a little fun too...

 Emma caught the full moon's reflection off the lake...

The rest of us stayed behind and happily went out to eat.  We went to Salt Lake's version of China town. Kyleigh's favorite sushi place is there... So delicious! She then was off with friends and the younger two and I had a movie night.  Dad and I were able to see Iron Man 3 over the weekend too.
I insist on a chick flick the next time! :)
On Memorial Day Dad had a work list for the outside a mile long...I wish I had taken a picture of it! It was hilarious, but he did manage to accomplish a lot.  The kids pitched in too and were vacuuming out and detailing two cars and mowing the lawn. 



 After the work I took Hannah to the Mummies of the World Exhibition downtown.
She was the only one available and interested. :)
We saw things that were thousands and thousands years old.
So darn fascinating!
My favorite were the mummies from the 1600's found in a castle crypt in Hungary.


Just play'in!


Just because!


A few end of May activities...

Kyleigh had a s'more party here with friends..The girls got outnumbered 4 to 11 before the night was over. It was a memorable night for little Kate as she got a burn on her face from the poker stick.
So sad :(




Emma and girlfriends went to girls night out event at Thanksgiving Point.

Phew! I think that is enough for now!
Other than we got Hannie packed and sent off this morning to Oakcrest camp for the week. Boo.
We are going to miss her. She was so excited to go though so I was happy for her and hope she has a better time than Kyleigh did four years ago. Emma didn't even attempt it. haha! 

Happy Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment