Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning dรฉcor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (14)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Saturday, May 04, 2019

What’s On My Happy List?


So... it's been a few weeks...
Here's a peek in to the craziness that's been swirling about us. 

My morning routine during the school/work year
would find me with this view.
My parent's car port.
I'd drop Kate off at the back entrance
of the school, 
drive to my parents around the corner...
pull into their driveway
and put on my makeup!
I had 10'ish extra minutes
after dropping Kate off 
before I had to be at work,
 so I would put my face on here
instead of getting up 10 mins earlier.
Cuz ya know I like my bed.  
๐Ÿ˜‚
Here's a pic of the last morning doing THAT!
*****

We moved my parents on Easter Weekend. 
Over 30 people, neighbors and family members,
came to help them move that day!
It was a sight to behold.
Hannah was my gopher on moving day. 
Going back and forth
 doing odd jobs and errands.
Emmsie was my assistant through-out 
THIS WHOLE process 
helping me in the weeks prior 
to the move.
She helped me go thru their stuff 
and box things up.
 
We tried to be super organized. 
We labeled and color coded everything.
Bedroom=Blue
Office=Orange
Bathroom=Yellow
Kitchen=Green
We even labeled what items belonged to which sibling of mine
for them to take home...
A little fun amongst the work...
My brother throwing a football pass to me 
in the front yard...
for old time sakes!
My parents leaving their home of 60 years 
for the last time.
These pics still get me.  
I may or may not have had a tinsy meltdown right after this was taken...
Actually I've had a few meltdowns 
throughout this whole process!!! 
My girls were super sweet 
after one hot mess of a moment for me
and got me a bath bomb and new mascara.
Which btw some of my girls swear by this particular mascara.
{They get complimented on their eyes 
all the time.}
The mascara is good, no question, 
 but it's not as good as the label says.  Ha! 
๐Ÿ˜‰

My sister Karen is missing from this pic
as she had my parents out at her place
for half the day until 
we could get the new place settled enough 
for them to come home to. 
We were completely moved out 
in just a few hours. 
๐Ÿ‘Š
The new homeowners came the night of 
the day of the move and started working...
tearing up the carpets to reveal this 
gorgeous hardwood.
I only got to see this cuz I had to let the cleaning lady in
the following day. 
We got some of my family's items moved 
the same day as my parents.
IT WAS A BIG BIG LONG DAY!
My family's move has been more of
 a crap shoot to be honest. haha 
I knew we would not be under a time scrunch, 
{like my parents were} to get out of our place. 
I put all my focus and energy into their move.
So we are STILL, two weeks later, 
 in the process of bringing our crap over to our new house. 
Will it ever end? 
P.S. I'm never moving again. 
My parents coming to their new home!
 
So honored and blessed to have them living with us!
*****
Surprisingly, 
the Easter Bunny {as in I} had my *$@#  together 
enough the next morning. 
But just barely. 
Kyleigh and Hannah were at the YSA ward
 and not around 
when this was taken Easter Sunday.  
Kate made an individual scavenger hunt 
for each sister
to find the candy and gift card the Easter Bunny had for them. 
It was super cute!
*****
In other randomness...
Kyleigh hiked Mount Olympus
with two of her buddies.
Only took them 8 1/2 hours!
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
What is it with boys and shorts in 
winter weather?
 *****
Kyleigh started an internship
at the Museum of Peoples and Cultures
at BYU. SHE IS LOVING IT.
{I think she has found her niche.}
Here she is cutting muslin to use for their 
Peruvian textiles rehousing project.
*****
Emmsie and Hannie finished up with their 
Orthodontic course.
Hannah got a 100% on the final.
She was the only one to do so.
We were proud!
๐Ÿ™Œ
*****
Kyleigh and Emma on their way
to see the Broadway show
"Aladdin"
at the Eccles Theatre.
They had a fun night together eating Indian food
before the show and treats after.
 *****
It was teacher appreciation week
at our elementary.
The kids were encouraged to bring a
drawn, fake, or real flower
for their teacher.
We went fake in her teacher's
favorite color purple.
I got some darling gifts and notes too!
Fun Fact: I get to work with my sister in the mornings 
at the elementary.
We had a earthquake drill recently on the
 Great Shake Out Utah Day.
She and I were huddled under the Conference Room table together
during the drill.
That was sorta humorous!
*****
The hubs took the girls to see the
Avenger's End Game.
{Other than Hannah and I haha}
We would rather poke our eyeballs out than
sit there for 3 hours for a super hero show.
JUST NOT OUR THING.
So we went for food instead at Zao's.
And if you didn't know....
Hannah and Kyleigh are staying at our old place with Grandma Cooper.
They are turning our old place into a college pad. haha
Hannie now has a room to her whole self 
for the first time 
in her life!
She is pretty stoked about THAT.
One entire side wall of her bedroom she's put up pictures of 
her family and friends.
It makes you want to smile and cry 
at the same time.
๐Ÿ˜Œ
I love it!
 *****
Two food finds I've enjoyed of late:
First:
J Dawg's!
I love their simple menu!
I get everything but the jalapeno's!
These dogs are soooo good!
I've been back a second time!
Second:
Our dinner group tried the Vessel Kitchen in Fort Union. 
It was tasty but I'd have a hot dog at J Dawg's 
over the healthy gourmet'ish any day. 
*****
And lastly,
One of our favorite shows is back!!!!
YES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment