Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh In Korea

mission update-week 69

Hey everyone! :)

I've been transferred! I am now in Busan, close to the mission home. I will still be a sister training leader and my new companion is Sister Clove, from St. George. We are going to have a lot of fun and work super hard. My new place is nice and clean and I actually have a real bed, which is weird because I haven't slept in a real bed in a very long time.

My last week in Dogye was really sentimental. It was an emotional whirlwind. Our investigator Betty is doing really good. We met with her this past week...She'll continue to meet with the Sister missionaries.

Heather one of our investigators... is 53, she has a lot of English interest, but she's been willing to read the Book of Mormon with us.  Super awesome lady. She invited us, the Elders, and our Filipino member Robert to her modern, artsy house out in the country for dinner. They are pretty well off and we dined really well. The appetizer was brie cheese with baguette bread, and tomatoes with the mozzarella and balsamic vinegar on it.
I was all, "I eat this stuff at home!"
We smiled and giggled.
There was so much food!
We sang her a hymn while Elder Royce played his violin. We were happy that we got to bring the spirit to her home and meet her husband.

We also had dinner with our English class coordinator that we've worked a lot with. The Bishop's family came over and a couple of other families were there. It was good to see them all one last time. They are all super sweet. Don't be sad they told me... just take the love that you had here and take it to the other ward because those members need it too.

The ward building in our area is super American and big and nice... They have an actual chapel with pews. Everywhere that I've served there are no pews, you have to set up chairs each Sunday. Everyone says it's a really good ward. We've got some investigators we can work with and some recent converts. It's going to be exciting.

I just hope I can go back to Dogye for Betty's baptism when it happens.
I am so thankful that I was able to be there in that moment on the bus when I met her so she could have the opportunity to meet the missionaries and get to know about the gospel and what Heavenly Father has in store for her. Super sweet experience working with Betty.
I feel like she is one that I was meant to find.
Now it's time for a new adventure.

Love you all!

Sister Kyleigh Cooper

I love Betty!!!


Goodbye Dogye!






In other family news this week....

I had a fabulous food week... with friends taking me out to lunch post birthday. :)

Have you ever been to Feldman's in SugarHouse?

It's an amazing Jewish Deli.

My friend and I shared their infamous Sloppy Joe Sandwich, 
{not your typical sloppy joe...this is corned beef, pastrami, 
thousand island and coleslaw on Rye} 
potato salad... 
Matzo Ball Soup... 
AND Rugelach...a cinnamon nut dessert. 

All very tasty! 



The next day another dear friend took me to one of my favorite sandwich shops...
also in Sugar House
Even Stevens!


This time I tried their Reuban. YUM!

THEN she took me to this little hidden dive of a bakery...Carol's Pastries..
that's been around since 1948.
People swear by their eclairs filled with custard.
Since Custard and I seem to have issues, I opted for the brownie.
{It may or may not have made me sick}
I'm telling ya in the next life when I'm free from food allergies...it will be most magnificent.



My third lunch out of the week was with my best friend...
always fun to chat and catch up!
 *****
High school football on a Thursday night!
My friend and I worked ticket sales at the game and watched our daughters perform at halftime.
Super fun!
 *****
Hannah went on a fun hike with friends to Pepperwood Falls...
Hannie always has funny stories to share from her hangouts...
she's our entertainment around here.



Even a history assignment of hers this week produced some laughs.
They were to choose their favorite period in history and make a cover for their binder...

As a joke, someone got a little help from Emmsie and the 1970's feminist movement.
{He may just never forget to do his homework ever again}
 *****
Big Football Weekend!

Both schools represented at our house.


The hubs is a little out numbered around here...
in more ways than one.




we painted our nails and faces blue...


delivered BYU cookies and blue things to our Y neighbors, friends and my parents...

found these at Smiths!




WE WERE STOKED!!!!!..... 

Then...
the last seconds of the game happened and we were shot in the heart.

Literally.

If mine and Hannie's emotional pizza binge close to midnight, wallowing in our loss...listening to the end of the Y post game radio show with me in tears is any indication of how I was doing...

gosh darn it!!!

Passion bites you in the butt sometimes.

We still managed to have some post game fun though with one of Hannah's big time U fan friends...
WITH rolls of toilet paper and scarecrow in tow.

sidenote: Mine and Brie's hunt for a scarecrow close to 10:30 p.m. that evening,
when most stores are closed, proved quite entertaining.
Rite Aid ended up being the magical place....
JUST IN CASE you were wondering where we were able to find such an item
at that time of night.
We perplexed the heck out of the cashier there I'm sure.... as we seemed a little too excited that we had found a scarecrow.
His comment of, "Have fun with your scarecrow," as we left the store was beyond hilarious in that moment.


Win or Lose
I'd rather have a 
brain of straw 
then be a "yewt"
Better dead than Red.
Go Cougars! 
*****
We had Regional Conference on Sunday. 
Our Stake was invited to the Conference Center. 
Just the hubs and I went. 
We let the kids sleep in..shhh don't tell ;) 
Can I just say though how nice it was to sit in a church meeting by my husband and have him all to myself?  
Doesn't happen too often these days.  
*****
I send a quote to Kyleigh every week along with the family email and pics. 
This was this weeks. 
And I had to share cuz 
I just LOVE this quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment