Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

What's On My Happy List?


            Kyleigh In Korea 
             mission update week 58
On my mission baptisms have been very few and far between. The fact that the Elders had a baptism yesterday was a cause for celebration! We were all so happy for Mark. He is a Filipino boy working here in Korea to make money for his family. He is 23 and he met the missionaries last Fall. But because of his intense work schedule at the factory he was unable to come to church for months. However; yesterday, he was able to come and we threw together a baptismal service. He is so humble and was so ready to be baptized. When I asked him how he felt after he said, "I feel like a new Mark". I think we all want to have that feeling of being able to start over or feeling completely clean again like we did right after we were baptized. The amazing thing this, we can! If we repent and really focus on preparing ourselves to partake of the sacrament worthily we can be like Mark every week and say, "I am a new me this week". I am thankful for this gospel... for the chance we have to always start over and have a clean slate. I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and that he loved us all enough to suffer for our sins.  He loves all of you. Use the Atonement people. Live it! That's how we all will find happiness :) 
xoxo
Sister Cooper 
 
We cleaned up garbage in our Mormon Helping Hands Vests..
 
For those interested..here is Kyleigh's companion's weekly email:
Well... This week, like the other weeks, has been an adventure. 

But where to begin?...🤔

Let's beginning with a bit of pop culture and fashion. I may have mentioned this before, but I shall tell you again. So the makeup fashion in Korea is fierce. Like so fierce you want to cry because there is just too much make-up happening on one face. Kissing face with closed eyesEveryone now come with me to the first scenes of Mulan where they are dressing her up to meet the scary Match Maker Lady and Mulan has the pale face and red lipstick. Well this makeup style choice is still alive on the streets of Korea. It is all very interesting, but mostly is looks like a bunch of Ghost or Vampires are walking around. 

Now for my first story of the week, for I have many great ones from this week, but probably only time for 2. 

So Wednesday we have English class at the church. All was normal and a lot of fun. The class ended and everyone was leaving, but someone had left their phone and it turns out she was one of the girls we were in charge of, so my companion decided to take the phone with us so that we could return it to her the next day at her work. (She works as an oriental medicine doctor and she is not a member of our church or anything, but comes to learn English). Anyway, so we had her phone and a plan for the next day to bring it to her, and just as we are about to turn off the light and go to sleep, her phone rings. We answer it, because it hopefully it is her and we will tell her that we will bring it to her. This was not the answer that she liked. She was still in the area and she demanded her phone (she needed it for work, so it made sense). But my companion, obedient missionary she is, was like we can't leave the apartment after lights out!!!!???!?! And the girl was like WHHHHHHHYYY!!???!?! and my comp was like it is the rules!!! So basically {after calling to get permission} we did end up leaving our apartment, walking the 15 minute walk to the church, umbrellas in hand (for protection from both the possible rain and any drunk men), in full Pajama gear and 11 at night. Dogye is different place that late at night! The only humans outside were a bunch of older and probably very drunken men and a ton of male students who just got out of their extra study time. Crazy times!!!

The second story is: Thursday we had a lunch appointment at 1 so before that we were passing out flyers for our English class' Movie night where we set up everything at the church like an "American" movie theater and they had to ask for a ticket and popcorn in English. We watched The Testaments and Big Hero 6 (for the children/non-missionaries). Anyway that is not apart of the story I wanted to tell you, but that night was a lot of fun! So the lady who we were going to eat lunch with her daughter lives in a building in the same apartment complex, so we went to drop off a flyer at her apartment, but to get into the apartment building you have to have a code, since we didn't have a code we just decided to say a prayer and wait for someone to come. A few minutes later a McDonald's delivery guy pulls up (yes McDonald's delivers), but as he pulled up a lady was walking out of the building so we slipped in and was sticking the little poster on the door as the McDonald's guy walked passed us and the look on his face was like "what are these foreigners doing to this door?!?" Anyway so we left that building and we were a bit early so we sat outside in this little play place area between the buildings and as we were sitting there the MD guy drives passed and turns around and parks he mo-ped and makes his way towards a sign, looks at it and then his phone and then directly comes up to us and says in broken English "the paper you were placing... can I see it?" and it was like what is going on here?!?!?! and we told him about the movie night and he said he couldn't come (but we got his number and gave it to the elders). But he was like where are you from and we said America and then he was like from Utah and I was just like "how in the world does this guy know so much about the church and us!??!?!? has he seen the missionaries before!?!?? WHAT IS GOING ON!?!??!".   He knows. But we shall have to see if anything comes from that interaction. Anyway, his name is Kim and I call him Kim McRider, as in Flynn Rider.Face with stuck-out tongue and winking eye

Good times! Well I miss you all and thank you to those who have responded to my messages and shame upon all who have not written me. I will not go into the shaming of livestock or your family's this time, but I think you get it! Sleepy face

Welp! Hope you have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Cordero🤓  
*****

In other family news this week...

Went on a hike to Silver Lake for a Relief Society activity...we saw a moose!
*****
Some bike riding and side walk chalk fun


*****
A little outing with my parents.
There is a new Zuppas in Murray now.  
Thrilled..cuz their food is so very good. 
My mom and dad tried the new quinoa bowls. 
Tasty!
*****
Movie marathon with B Olivia and Kate 

I accidentally messed up on our movie tickets.  
Showed up for what I thought was a 12:50 movie time, but it really wasn't till 3:25. 
huh???? 
I've never done that before! 
So what to do? what to do? 
We had already bought popcorn and drinks and had two and a half hours to spare. 
Instead of going home we lucked out and found a movie to catch in between. 
We literally spent an afternoon at the movie theatre. haha 
The kids agreed it was my best mistake.  

Enjoyed this way more than I thought I would.  

too bizarre for my liking.. 

Emmsie and Hannah were able to join us for our outing to Zaxby's after for chicken and wings..
My first time there. 

I really enjoyed their sweet and spicy wings. 
*****
Our Stake held a 25/10 on Saturday..
The goal is to complete 25 miles within 10 hours. 
My friend and I were in charge of the event. That in itself was a to do.  

We had an adventure just marking the 5 mile route within our Stake boundaries the night before the race.. 
In the back of a truck bed holding on for dear life..hopping in and out...placing the markers..took forever!

Last year I walked, jogged and biked it. 
This year, even though I knew it would take waaaaay longer....
I was determined to walk the whole 25....

I survived the first two loopty loops. 
Kinda a funny story there {that I won't get into} but each loop took close to an hour and a half to walk. 
The girls walked my third 5 mile loop with me. 


One of my good friends biking it...





The hubs was planning on participating waaaay more than he was able to.. 
he ended up having some kidney stone {we think???} or pulled muscle issues in the night. 
Poor guy! 
So he just did one 5 mile loop with me. My fourth. 
I think Brie was a little worried about me. She texted me...R U okay? 
{ I WAS sorta dy'in at that point.} 
My legs were HATING ME. {Still are}

All the kids came to check on us in Clive. 

The last loop Brie rode her bike along side me for moral support. 
She's a sweetheart!

Took me 7 hours and 55 minutes to finish the 25 miles. 
But gosh I did it. 
On 6 hours of sleep even.   
{the weather -miraculously only in the low 80's that day-Ibuprofen, my music playlist and B. Olivia were my best friends that day!}


After 51, 100 + steps I'm pretty sure I had burned enough calories for this. 

If the Stake event wasn't enough. We had this going on at our house that day.  
The hubs fixing sprinkler probs and enlisted the help of the older two..
It's never dull around here. 
*****
These are the cuties I get to teach every Sunday. One little boy is moving this week. 
:( 
So this was a farewell pic for him.  
and a little good bye treat. 
{found printable on thedatingdivas.com} 
Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment