Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in Korea
mission update-week 57

Transfer number 9 has begun!...I love everyone in our area..they are awesome, but Elder Glover and Elder Song are just fun and hilarious people. When I found out the devastating news that they were being transferred I literally shed some tears. Our Missionaries After 9:30 Korean Drama...aka "Dogye Shores" has come to an end...It was a sad day.  But it will be okay. It always is. Each transfer is a new adventure. The two Elders coming in are Americans. So all the missionaries in this area are foreigners. Should be interesting. :)

So that lady that I met at the bus stop that seemed so perfect.... Her baby ended up in the hospital. So meeting with her has been put on hold. Satan just does a really good job over here in Korea I've decided. He drives me insane. Every time you find a good person that might be interested or have potential.. something in their life happens where they don't have time, or something changes their mind. It's so frustrating. I guess if it's meant to be we will be able to teach her once her baby is out of the hospital.

We made lunch with our ward mission leader at the church. It was like the funniest thing ever! We fried fish..the whole fish...eyes included {I ate an eyeball!} to give as a treat to the less actives and older people in the ward- to let them know we were thinking of them. "Hi, here's a fish..." I guess in Korea that's cool.  If someone showed up with fish at my front door...I wouldn't be thinking that. haha

We had dinner with the Needhams this week. They are so cute. I am so thankful for them. They are so excited to do missionary work here in Korea. We gave them a huge stack of cards to pass out. They are so stoked!

Us eating my favorite Korean dessert :)

I turned around on the bus and this is what I saw....I didn't think Elders smelt that bad....hahaha!

This cutie goes home today.
She has been my STL {Sister Training Leader} three times and I was hers for one.


*****
For those interested here are email's from Kyleigh's companion.......

Well everyone I have successfully survived my first transfer here is Korea! You should all be so proud. 😬Winking face

Well, for this week I have great news for you all! No, we did not get a new investigator or all the cats in Korea have been saved. But I have discovered that they sale 300 won ice cream (which is really inexpensive and I have no idea how much it is in US monies). People. Korean ice cream is seriously THE best. I don't know why it tastes so yummy, but it does. Before I was paying like 1200 won for an ice cream, but the Elders have shown me the light and I cannot go back to the other stores knowing that I could buy 4 OF THE SAME ice creams for the SAME price. What a wild and crazy world I find myself in. It is the little things that keep me going and just knowing that out there I can buy an ice cream bar for 300 won brings happiness to my soul.🤓

ALSO, this week I touched A LOT of dead fish. I don't know if I have ever really touched a fish that was recently alive and then dead and gutted (like a fish) and given to me to cook all in the same day. But it happened and I survived. Perhaps I should tell you about this fishy adventure first before I continue my fishy rant. So our Ward Mission Leader decided a couple of weeks ago that we were going to make food and take it to people that needed some TLC in their lives (not the TV channel, but Tender Love and Care). So we decided on names of people in the ward and investigators that we wanted to give the food to. So Saturday morning my companion and I go to the church to meet the Elders and the other ward Missionaries to make some fried fish. I knew not that we would be making fish but we did. And I helped. But they all looked very sad and dead (heads still attached) but I dipped them in the flower and then they put them in the frying pan. Service is always nice. Smiling face with Sunglasses

Anyway, my 2 favorite Elders have left us for other areas (Elder Glover, who goes home after the next transfer, and Elder Song, who was our only Korean and native speaker and our last hope). Korean is a very difficult language and I don't know how we are going to survive without a native Korean speaker, because the incoming missionaries are also foreigners. We may not survive long here in Dogye....

That is all my friends! Until next week! 

Love, 코데로 자매 



*****
In other family news this week.....

We love a summer rainstorm and on Monday we got it. 
It was pouring buckets! and hailing. 
It was awesome...  



Enjoying the storm with my Hannie!
*****
Ice-cream Overload!
Do your kids love the Kong Kones at Macey's? These things are ginormous!
We've paid Macey's grocery store a few visits since summer began. 

 *****
Our trip to the zoo! 
Daddy's work rented out the zoo for their employees and family members.
It was such a pleasant evening. Not hot nor crowded, and we had free admission.
Best zoo trip to date. ;)












Kate has a thing for dolphins...

We paid the Soho Food Park a visit on the way home. 
First time there since they opened for the season. 
Love this place. 
Was super disappointed in the fries I had though. 
I'm a bit of a fry snob. 
I know a good fry when I taste one. ;)


Hannah wasn't able to join us..as she was on a date!
{her first non dance, and his very first date..so cute!}
Emmsie snagged this pic just as they were leaving. ;)


They went mountain biking with friends. 

She had a blast and only hit a tree twice. 
haha ;) 

 *****
 This one has had a little fun outdoors on the wiggle scooter!

Kate loves to watch DIY kid craft videos. 
We made our own sprinkler out of a pool noodle this week. 
*****
My nephew was baptized!

The hubs gave a great talk on Baptism. 
I got this idea on line that he used for his talk HERE . 



{comical to me} 
 *****
So...My older girls are trying to get me to do
Snap Chat.
If you know me I'm not a huge fan of social media.
{Just not my thing...other than keeping this blog for family journaling sake.}
Like I have a Facebook and Instagram, but I rarely do much with them.
I think my Hannah was the one to post my one and only pic on Instagram.
I don't do Twitter, nor Pinterest.  etc. etc.
I may just give Snap Chat a whirl though so I can keep getting pics like these...
*****
The girls and I are having a bit of an issue with SWIG of late. 

Their Dirty SOP 
{I'm always afraid I'm gonna say Dirty SOB at the ordering window...haha} 
is our favorite. 
My kids love their cookies too. 
Especially their peanut butter with chocolate frosting. 

Some Swig time with friends...

 *****
Some Father's Day celebrating!
We love Cafe Trang.
It's an Vietnamese/Asian Restaurant.
Their caramelized pork dish is to die for.
And if I were dying it may just be my last meal request. haha
It's that good!



The hubs loves his cookies.
I filled this bag with his favorites for one of his Father's Day gifts! 
Got the idea HERE

We love poppi!

This was our Sunday Father's Day meal with Jaren's family...
Some of our best meals are eaten on Sunday. 
Just say'in. 
Good stuff every.single.week. 
******
A few favorite finds....
I really enjoyed these two movies that we got from Redbox this week. 
Both our based on true stories. 
Both are excellent. 


And this pizza from Costco. YUM!
*****
Well, I think that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment