Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Monday, March 21, 2016

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh In Korea

mission update week 44

Hello! Hello!

We met our two investigators on Wednesday...one lady we taught the repentance process to commented on how the process seemed so right and how it must be the right way to repent. She seemed so accepting of it. We are going to teach her about baptism tomorrow. Hopefully she will be as accepting of that as well. Her main thing is she doesn't feel the need to go to church...which is sad...That seems to be a big hang up here. They don't see the importance of needing to come to church! They also don't understand why we are the only true church. They can't comprehend that one. The other struggle a lot of times is the spouse..they are opposed to their wife or husband joining the church. There is a lady in my area. She belongs to a really weird church. In this church the parents choose who their kids will marry.  When she was younger and at the University, her professor gave her and the class an assignment to find the true church. Long story short she found the missionaries. Had all the discussions, wanted to be baptized, but her parents said no because she was going to be getting married to someone from their religion. So she got married and even though her husband isn't a big believer of the church they belong to, he doesn't want her becoming a member of our church. So she has been waiting 10- 15 years to be baptized! She spoke in our Stake Conference last month. It was amazing to hear her story, but I just feel so bad for some of these people.  

We taught four English classes. Our investigator 이성원s and I studied the General Conference talk on ponderizing scriptures and she said that she would pick a scripture and do it with me. She really liked the talk and is always looking for ways to come closer to God. If she could just realize that by accepting the Gospel, she can do just that and things would be golden, but it's all in the Lord's timing and people have their agency!

I am dying here trying to teach these little Korean kids English. haha We had the craziest class on Saturday! These kids just did not want to focus. They were like smacking each other, throwing the papers, not listening. I looked at Elder Kunde and I was like "I don't know how I'm going to be a mom." He was all, "yah, I don't know how I'm going to do that whole thing either." I just laughed. These kids are so hard to control sometimes. 

A random foreigner showed up at church on Sunday. He is a member and here in Korea to work for a couple of months. He knows no Korean. He came to our Korean class yesterday and brought two of his co -workers. We also had other Americans in our branch attend. It went really well.  

I do know that I have had to rely a lot on the Lord this week and he is always there when we need him, but the thing is we should be relying on him every day for everything! Not just when we need help or answers. 

Love you all so much!!!!!!!!

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

It's most likely our last P-day together as we have transfer calls on Thursday...so we took sticker pictures!




In other family news....

The hubs side of the family eats Sunday dinner together every Sunday. 
So our turn to cook for the extended rolls around every three weeks. 
Our turn was the Sunday before St. Patrick's... so we cooked an Irish themed meal of Boris Head Corn Beef, {We buy it in the deli at Harmon's...they slice it for you...and we love it waaayyy better than a corn beef brisket.} boiled cabbage, carrots, O'Brien hash browns, Irish Soda Bread {Sunflower Market makes the best!} and Irish Cheese. 
It was YUMMY! 
I forgot to take pics so you'll have to take my word for it. ;) 

Because we had had our Irish meal earlier in the week the kids had Lucky Charms for dinner on
St. Patrick's Day.
{Not kidd'in.}
It was one of those YOYO nights. :)
{You're On Your Own} 

On St. Patrick's morn the naughty leprechaun turned the toilet water green and left a trail of green havoc down the hall leading to the pot of gold. 

{ignore my dirty carpet..hehe}

Some leprechaun loot in B's lunch!


Kate in her St. Patrick's Day garb...
I believe she was in festive Irish green for most of the school week. 
Her friend would say... "Why are you wearing that?..it's not St. Patrick's Day yet." haha ;)

I was able to attend a 5th grade field trip with Brie on St. Patrick's Day!
We went to a ballet production of Wizard of Oz at the old Murray Ballet Centre.



Their glasses turned the Emerald City... "green".

Also attended B's dance observation/costume check that afternoon. 
For their Spring recital they are dancing to "UP" with aviator hats and balloons. Super cute! 
;) 

Don't ask me how Kate's dance observation went earlier in the week.
Let's just say I was having some quality time with the police officer who pulled me over for speeding.
Yep!
Telling ya right now that rushing to get to dance class on time with a crying kid in a itchy, torturous dance costume doesn't work for me. ;)

What I find so funny about all of this is the street I got pulled over on...is the road I have travelled THE MOST ON IN MY LIFE...the almost 12 years we have been back in Murray...as well as growing up here.....A gajillion times I've driven that road!!!! back in forth for kid's dance lessons and school all these years. ...NEVER had an issue. 
{which thinking about it kinda surprises me,  cuz I do tend to push it...so I suppose I had it com'in.} 

 *****
My sweet mama turned 84!
We celebrated at the rehab center where she spends most of her time these days.


 The occupational therapist gave my dad a balloon to do some of this therapy exercises.
He's having a hay day with it.


The whole extended family gathered on Sunday night to celebrate! 



****
Guess what just opened down the street?
My girls are stoked. 
They love their cookies!



Date night with the hubs!
 *****
One of our favorite things...some hammock time!

No comments:

Post a Comment