Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What's On My Happy List?



St. Patrick's Day!
We had some over the Rainbow fun for Family Night... 
{fruit tray idea from www.iaminblog.com HERE}


Also some ideas from{www.dixiedelights.blogspot.com HERE } with my own added twist. 


Rainbow treat!
{theidearoom.net HERE
If you have the time you could layer each color of skittle so it looks more like a rainbow .
You can see by my example how much time I had ;)



found these cute Irish coasters at the party store.


On the menu.....
Corn Beef
{we like the deli sliced corn beef better than the brisket}
O'Brien Hashbrowns
Sweet Kale Cabbage Salad
Irish Soda Bread

You can get the salad at Costco. It. is. delish!



Sprouts Farmer's Market makes THE BEST Irish Soda Bread.

mint/brownie ice cream for dessert!

Our Irish friends!



We watched a little of this!

Hidden pot of gold!

 The eve of St. Patrick's Day I launched an anti-pinch campaign....
{printable from eighteen25.blogspot.com HERE}


St. Patrick's Day Breakfast!
green pistachio muffins and cereal...

                                               Printable from www.smartschoolhouse.com HERE}


It always seems to be Hannah's underwear 
{clean mind you} that gets hung on St. Patrick's Day morn. 
Poor Hannie! 
I'm pretty sure that darn Leprechaun was out toilet papering past the midnight hour ;)





 Leprechaun School Lunch!
{free Leprechaun Loot printable from www.petitepartystudio.com HERE}


Green Goodness!...
{some ideas from familyfreshmeals.com HERE}





B got new glasses!

Show'in some St. Patti's Day 
love at church!
This little boy is the Bishop's son. 
He's in my Primary class, and he's a year older than Kate. When he came to church all decked out in his green bow tie and suspenders ....I sorta died. 
JUST WAY TOO CUTE! 
I snuck the two of them into a corner to take a photo. ;) 

****************************

Mission news!!!

 We are in the process of getting this girl ready for her mission. 
So grateful we have longer than six weeks to prepare. 
{Figuring I was in denial for about two weeks and didn't even want to look at any of the paperwork. haha}
There is SO MUCH TO DO. 
We are waiting on her passport so we can get her Visa issued. 
She is immunized up the whazoo. 
She was able to get the typhoid shot at our doctor's office, but the recommended Japanese encephalitis vaccine is only available at the Travel/Passport Health Clinic. 
Get this! It's $319 a pop. 
And you need two doses. 
$640 for the shot! 
Unbelievable. 
{All I have to say is THANK THE LORD for our Health Save Flexible Spending Account that we have for our medical expenses.} 
That would NOT have been fun paying for that out of pocket... on top of all the other missionary expenses. Ouch!
{Mom would have been flipping burgers at the local McD's.} 
Just say'in.  

*****

One of Kyleigh's best friends has a sorority sister who just returned from the mission where Kyleigh will be serving.  
Recently they were able to meet and have lunch at a Korean restaurant. 
This girl gave Kyleigh a Korean copy of the Book of Mormon and of the hymns. 
{Pretty darn awesome!} 

Kyleigh was able to ask her questions about the mission. 

I'm telling you...the more we hear about Busan, Korea {from multiple sources} it seems more and more like a perfect fit for Kyleigh, in many ways. 

Some major ones being...It's a safe, and clean city.  
The sister missionaries apartment is newer, has washer/dryer/iron. 

There are no issues with the mail system in sending packages, etc. 
No stuffing one shoe in a Pringles can and sending the other shoe two weeks later. 
{Like in Peru}  

The Korean people are super nice and have great pride in their language. They are very respectful and patient with people who try to learn Korean. 

She will actually get to teach English a little bit too. Which is amazing,  because Ky toyed with going on a humanitarian 4 month service excursion to a foreign country to teach English...instead of going on a mission. 
Now she gets to do both. :)

Ky was so relieved to hear she wouldn't be riding a bike. 
Riding a bike in a dress! Um...no.  

It's a smaller mission. About 115 missionaries is all. Compared to some missions that have 400 missionaries. She'll get to know the mission President and the other missionaries she will be serving with better. 

We heard from her mission President, just yesterday actually. 
One of our favorite parts of his letter.... 
In regards to the sending of packages...

"please tell them{family/friends} not to send beef jerky, it will be confiscated and is available here for purchase at Costco.

THERE IS A COSTCO IN KOREA!  WOW!

******
We are making some progress in the shopping for her missionary clothes.  Which is encouraging, given the fact that I don't think I'm the only one who thought that the "missionary standard of dress"  would keep Kyleigh from serving a mission. LOL 
She has a certain style, that is for sure. 

Like this shoe, for instance, is TOTAL KYLEIGH. 

She happened to be wearing these on the Sunday that the Bishop presented her her YW's medallion certificate, and she announced her mission call in sacrament meeting. It happened to be Ward Conference that day. So the Stake President and one of his counselors were on the stand with her. Before the meeting started the counselor asked her where she got her call to. 
She told him that he would find out in a few minutes. 
 He responded...
"well, wherever you are going you aren't going to be able to wear those shoes."
....BAHAHAHA... 

Before she leaves we'll have to do a mission fashion show! :) 


My first non clothing purchase for her was this....Yep! 
A back scratcher! 
She is always asking me to scratch her back! 
{I'm not gonna be there to do it.}

 She has an area in her closet that is plastered with post it notes of things she would like to do before she leaves, and things she NEEDS to do.... :) 

 She got to go snowboarding again with her Uncle and cousins! FUN FUN!

She had a weekend get away with girlfriends to visit a bestie at Snow College. 

random note from Kyleigh that I found on my to do list. Gonna miss her. :(

********

In other news! 
A Trader Joe's store recently opened up near us...
I had a few fun food finds....

Korean sausage

for crepes or waffles!


******

Pie of the century!
We celebrated national Pi Day 3.1415 last Saturday 
by eating pie :)


******
Date night to see 
THE SECOND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL. 
LOVED IT! 
All those awesome ladies in it....
Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Penelope Wilton. 
Some of my favorite actresses. 


******
More baking by Brie!
G-ma C helped her make this raspberry layered cake... by scratch. 



Poem Brie wrote in school....

I KNOW I'M LOVED
by Brie Cooper

I know my Mom loves me because when I am sad she says it will be alright.
I know my Dad loves me because he helps me with my homework late at night.
I know my Grandma Cooper loves me because she gives me gifts and smiles with a glow.
I know my Grandma Bell loves me because when I hug her she never wants to let go.
I know my Grandpa Bell loves me because he says he love me every day.
I know my sister Kate loves me because she always wants to play.

*****
G-ma's sister was going thru some heirlooms of their mother. 
She came across this silver spoon from the late 1800's with the name Kate etched in it. Guess who she gave it to. LOVE!

*****
The quote of the week! by EMMA
{no one will even think this funny unless you're nuts over the GRAND HOTEL, like us.} 

A couple of Sunday's ago The hubs was teaching Hannah how to make alfredo sauce from scratch. The next night at the dinner table he wanted to see if Hannah remembered what he had taught her, so he asked Hannah...

"how do you make alfredo sauce?" 

Emma piped up for her saying... 

" YOU GO TO THE GRAND HOTEL AND YOU LOOK FOR ALFREDO." 
{who happens to be one of the main characters in the show.} 

OH GOSH! sooo dang funny, her timing, the way she said it. everything.

Totally NOT the answer poppi was looking for. 
{sorry dad!}
But gosh, has to be one of the most memorable things that has come out of Emma's mouth. :) 


That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment