Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Our life in pictures...



Would those with multiple school aged children agree that May is the new December? Playing catch up here in a major way....Here's our life in pictures these last few weeks....

My nephew Robbie was buried last week...A sad, sad yet comforting day....gosh I love my family!

My sister Melanie, the mother, trying to console the girlfriend, who, as you can imagine, is beside herself with grief.  It was the saddest thing to watch.

My sister's family.... her four cute daughters, one son is a dentist in the military and lives in England. He and his young family were in the middle of a move over there and he had just been off work for six weeks due to shoulder surgery so he couldn't make it back home for the services. That had to have been tough on him to miss his brother's funeral.

With grandma's and grandpa...

Emma and I helped to put a display table together of Robbie....

My mom, another sister and I picked out all the flowers. This one was from my parents. My mom loves lilies. We wanted them in orange... colors for MHS where he graduated from high school. The florist didn't know if she could get them ordered in that particular color within enough time, but as you can see it worked out. Made my heart smile.
Loving Nephew from his aunts and uncles....
Beloved Son and Brother

and a bouquet from his cousins...When he was a young teenager he was good to play with the younger cousins..Kyleigh has found memories of him doing that.  Kyleigh had her 4 hr. AP US History Test the morning of the funeral. {What timing. Blah! }There was absolutely no way she could get out of it. So...she couldn't even attend the funeral service. Family means the world to that girl so it basically devastated her to miss it.  


Robbie played lacrosse at Murray High for four years...



Such a handsome kid...gone all too soon.


Moving on to some happier things.... Spartonian Ball.... the last dance of the year.  {Lets all do a happy dance, shall we?} Even Kyleigh just wanted it over with. Enough is enough, ya know? This one was soooo low key compared to the others {like no drama whatsoever} So much so that I honestly don't have much to write about it.

Because this was dance was drill related, and we've already spent out the ying yang for drill expenses this year, we told her she was pretty much on her own financing this dance if she wanted to go. She pulled it off!... paying for the tickets, dinner, pictures, the night activity and the boutonniere. I was really proud of her. She borrowed a dress from her cousin, a friend did her nails, she did her own hair, and wore her old black heels. I only had to pay for a slip extender to lengthen the dress, fabric for a shoulder wrap and a cheap brooch. Whoo hoo!
 Two of her best friends seeing her off....

Her date for the evening, Boy #5.
Who happens to like Frank Sinatra. No flipp'in way!


To ask him to the dance she and her girlfriend made up a scavenger hunt which took him to places where they have gone on dates together these last few months. They tied all the clues into Sinatra songs. It was way cute!

His answer back...I couldn't "bear" to go with anyone else...



NHS!
Kyleigh's National Honor Society dinner and ceremony... She's mostly excited about the member parking perks in the school parking lot. It's different than when I was in High School. haha. They have to do 4 hours of community service now per term to remain a member and of course get good grades. 


Teacher Appreciation Week!
One of Brie's teacher's favorite restaurants is Texas Roadhouse. {same here!}. I happened to find this gift card printable on line here.


My nephew's baptism. Isn't the food at family gatherings the best? Especially the plethora of salads! My two cheese spinach salad my dad has already requested for Father's Day. :)

 Here is the CTR boy playing with Brie and Kate at the viewing...


My Mother's Day gift from the kids...Emma and Brie are definitely my gift givers! If it weren't for them instigating it, I'm not too sure I'd get any. haha. Not that the others don't care, of course, it' s just not part of their natural love language. They show their love in other ways...{one of these days I need to do a post on the 5 love languages....I love that book! }

 Brie tried to make me a home-made gift. Out of soap. But there was a slight accident... "Your gift went down the drain." she said. So sad, but grandma came to her rescue.  Emma is so good at making sure the gift wrap is color coordinated because she knows I appreciate that.

One of the things I asked for was a non interrupted soak in the tub, with my Il Divo music, and my new book. It was lovely.
 

 A night out with the hubs..the Crab Shack

 and one of my favorite treats...


 We found the cutest singing cards to give to the grandma's for Mother's Day!...


K, so I realize half this post is about food but gosh, I can't help it. Food is a passion.

Just look at this dessert! Me, Kate and my best friend had some girl time, having lunch at Normandy Cafe... and this caught our eye! We split it as our early Mother's Day gift to ourselves... :)

 Grandma made creme brulee for our Mother's Day dessert. It was amazing!


Murray High Girls!
Both Emma and Kyleigh were elected M.A.G. officers for next year. Kyleigh made secretary and Emmsie Sophomore Rep. There are 13 girls {5 Sr.'s, 4 Jr.'s and 4 Sophomores} who run the association that represent the girls at Murray High. It's pretty awesome they get to do this together. We attended a M.A.G. mother-daughter luncheon together recently to honor the Senior girls.

Dance Tryouts!
Hannah had dance tryouts for next year. She made it into the Starlette Dancer group which is very exciting for her. She'll be dancing three nights a week now...{mom is not too excited about that part.}  

 Kyleigh and I went to see her old Irish group dance at the Living Traditions Festival downtown. Her cousin still dances with them. I love going because they have the best food from around the world at this Festival. This year I tried some from Laos. YUM!

Some split action out on the lawn with the fam!


















It appears she does them other random places as well.. 


Emma in the kitchen! She made chocolate bowls with the help of some blown up balloons. How creative is that?


they were dipping balloons, strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows, you name it.


9th grade geography! The end of year assignment and presentation is huge!  Sorry to say but we do not have fond memories of this project. We've been through it before with Kyleigh.  Something about this project practically reduces my girls to tears. If the 20 min dissertation that the teacher gives on how to glue right doesn't freak you out, {you double bond or it's off with your head.} it's being put as a team lead. Which has happened to both of my girls. That wouldn't be so bad but the teacher every time gives my girls kids that have "issues", so when it's all said and done, my girls are the ones stuck with the bulk of the work! Its so overwhelming for them. Seriously, Kyleigh was put with a polygamist {poor guy} that was weirder than a duck, a girl that barely spoke English, and a boy that needed some serious guidance. Emma's group had a boy that tried to give an effort but needed too much hand holding as well, AND a pregnant girl that was there to work on the project like.... once? and then she left to give birth {seriously, at 15?... where is your mother?}. It's nice to think that the teacher has confidence in my girls to lead their classmates in this project, she knows they'll be respectful and kind to those in their group, but still. It sure would be nice to give them another team member that could assist and handle the same level of work that my daughter has to do. jeesh! The mural looked awesome and Emmsie rocked it as always.


Spring Weather!
 Look who has made a home in the tree just outside our front door. Gosh its the sweetest thing seeing that bird just chill'in in his nest all peaceful and calm like.

Yard work and play'in outside!
Mowing lawns, pruning, weeding..not my kids favorite thing to do for family night. Playing some double dutch after helped ease the pain. Believe it or not I got in on my first try!





 Spring/Summer nights at dusk is my very favorite time of day! That's when I enjoy being outside the most. The older three were off to mutual, Dad was helping grandma plant flowers, so Brie and I had a sports night. We played our own version of baseball, soccer, b-ball...then Dad joined me in a game of catch football. Fun night!

 Relief Society field trip out to lunch and to the Daughters of Utah Pioneer Museum. Kate, me and the ladies! These outings always produce some good memories and laughs for me as I'm hanging with ladies twice my age. Good times I tell ya!

Pioneer Toy room. Darling!


We went down, up, or out? in a really small elevator to get to the carriage house to see this old fashion fire truck. Me and two other ladies. One in her 90's, who is such a crack up and didn't want to be left to die there. We got a little disoriented on how to get out of this particular part of the building. SO DANG FUNNY! Kate thought we were stuck in the basement! and was telling her older sisters when we got home that we had an emergency.



 Hannah's Choir Concert!

 Afterwards with grandpa!

Emma's {very last} band Concert! Came with mixed emotions. She's going to miss Mr. Jewkes her band instructor. He was one of her favorite teachers.  Emmsie had a little solo and she did awesome.

She has funny memories with her good friend Rachel from their three years together in band class!

  With grandma and grandpa!


Emma award!
Emma was one of thirteen students to receive the Superintendent's Award at her Junior High. We attended a lunch and ceremony at the community college for her. Each recipient had to get up and introduce themselves and tell their favorite Junior High memories, plans for the future, something unique about them, what they are most appreciative for in life and most influential person in their life and why...I'm always so impressed with the youth of today when I attend events like this.

 Emma with three of her good friends from school...Those two boys she has known since what? second grade. Look at them now! 
 This girl is from the other junior high that feeds into the high school. She took art lessons with her for several years. They would laugh and laugh together. It will be fun for them to reconnect.

Phew! It's been quite the month. We are on the countdown here til the last day of school..... 8 days
1 hr and 3 minutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment