Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Friday, June 17, 2011

What's On My Happy List?

Our first two weeks of summer in a nutshell...

Movie night! We like to play movie theatre {a lot!} This night, Emma whipped out her old fashioned popcorn machine. She made up movie tickets, with tokens for the concession stand where she conducted business at the register. 

Backyard Baseball...in our case front yard...  We had to improvise...used paper plates as bases and we were short a few players, only two and three to a team..haha, but it didn't matter. It was great fun! Kate watched from her stroller and was our cheerleader. Dad and Hannah beat me, Emma and Brie...12 to 9. Kyleigh missed out. She was with friends finishing watching a film from
 their school French class.

Fun at the Farm...
We fell in love with the goats...Brie even says the goat is her new favorite animal!
heading into the barn where the pregnant moo cow lives....
Here is Kate's favorite, the piggies!
 She loves me to do the "This little piggy went to market" on her toes...
Here she is meeting the piggies for the first time ever....We put her hair in piggy tails just for the occasion! haha. She can do the cutest imitation of a piggy sound. And she did it when she saw them! So dang cute. 
All this piggy talk reminds
me of one of my all time favorite children's book called Piggies...adorable! It was a must read that night.

There was free bouncing, face painting and balloons at the farm that day too....
 

Rollerblading with Hannah...
hadn't been in those things in years!

This piece of GOOD MAIL we recieved in the mail from Hannah's teacher..

BYU 3 day International Folk Dance Camp for Kyleigh
cannot even begin to tell you what an awesome opportunity this was for her and her cousin. There were  29 participants. {This was Kyleigh's group}.  Parents got to go down and watch their performance the last day. We were so impressed with all they learned in the short amount of time they had. They performed African, Chinese, Irish and Bollywood dances. Had a blast from the past as I saw my former BYU clogging teacher {named Kylee}, who 20 years ago I had quite the crush on. awkward. My Kyleigh is practically named after him and he knows that. His wife said he was about ready to go up to Kyleigh and say to her, "you know you're named after me, right? Too funny! 
On one of my many jaunts down there to pick up the girls, I got to meet up with one of my friends from California as her son was attending baseball camp at the Y. She is a riot and a bundle of laughs! In the short amount of time we had to visit...we had the best time! Especially taking Kyleigh and Emily with us on our botched mission to deliver some hygiene items to her son without US or HIM getting into trouble with all them campus rules.   

Emma and Hannah have dubbed themselves the 'Sister Sweet Shoppe'. This is just one of a several things they've cooked up in the last two weeks...The house smelled like smoke and there was a fan blowing upon my returning home...kinda funny as I could tell that things didn't go quite so well, but their creation was still salvageable and edible...even if Emma didn't think so.   

Playroom fun....
Playing maid with sisters.....Emma was the rich lady, {all dolled up in fancy clothes}, that they were playing maid to, haha,  but Emma WOULD NOT let me photograph her. Too bad because she looked stink'in adorable.

Our Summer chore charts....the plan is there if we can just get the executing part down...not quite there yet! Not sure if we will ever be. Brie is counting how many things she has to do compared to mine. hahaha. If she only knew what all I have to do but don't put on the list!  

Other journal worthy entries in the last two weeks..

Hannah started summer art lessons..

Mom's anglophile movie night with girlfriends...watched Truly, Madly, Deeply and edited version of Gosford Park while munching on fabulous food.  

Helped chauffeur Kyleigh and four of her friends around town as they had a marathon hang-out day. Draper Temple to do baptisms for the Dead...a movie, trip to mall and to the beauty college to get a feather put in their hair. {Not sure how I feel about this latest trend with feathers and tinsel adorning the hair..kind of odd I think} 

Lunch with my bestest girlfriend at the new Firehouse Subs

suit shopping with Jaren...

Emma and Hannah made a picnic lunch for us and then it rained and our plans went south, so we ate it on a blanket on the living room floor....

Reading Nancy Drew with Hannah...

BATHS...i love me a good warm bath while I listen to my music.  The only times I can fit them in are in the summer. Only averaging about one a week tho..must work on that...

Kate's first "sick" visit to the doctor with an ear infection. The anti biotic has caused diarrhea with some doozy diapers and memorable blow out. Diaper rash too. Not fun for Saucey, or us...  

Starting the LarkRise to Candleford BBC series, {thanks to Netflix}..Kyleigh, Emma and I are hooked on this British drama. Excellent!  

I'm a big fan of my dermatologist despite stitches in my chest from having a cyst removed and a couple of odd things on both arms...one also in stitches... he told me not to lift anything more than the baby to not rip the stitches. haha.. Do you know how much she weighs? 

Brunch at Mimi's with my RS Presidency...

Taking the car for a much overdue detailed job and wash...

Movie date with Jaren to see "Thor"...

Kyleigh started her volunteer work at LDS Hospital...She and her cousin were so miserable their first day! So much so that they don't want to go back. lol. We had some good laughs on our way home hearing about the first day on the job. Hopefully it will get better.

My two trips to Provo and one to Layton in a 24 hr period...That sucked the gas right out of my car! 

Emma's sleepover with her cousin and day at Lagoon...  

Emma, Hannah and Brie swimming at the neighbors....

I think this about sums up our first two weeks of summer! Let the good times keep com'in!

No comments:

Post a Comment