Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Sunday, July 03, 2016

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh In Korea 

mission update-week 59 

To start off we went to a Buddhist Temple today and basically just had a picture taking fest. It was super fun! We thought we would take a shot at meditating like the Buddhist monks do... :) 

In 2013 the missionaries found an old man {his English name is Edwin} on the streets.  He started coming to English Class and eventually was baptized. I guess he always kinda liked talking with the Sister missionaries but he stopped coming to church last fall. The Elders found him a couple weeks ago when they were walking the streets. He has started coming back to English Class and even came to church on Sunday. Sounds great right?! Problem is... he still likes the Sister Missionaries. He has begun contacting us.  He has already called several times and sent several messages. I don't know quite how to explain this...but in every transfer there is always a strange person that the missionaries half to deal with. This transfer is no different. 

Yesterday we had dinner with Brother and Sister Needham. {The No. Carolina couple} While we were eating Sister Needham says "let's go visit Ashley"! In my head I'm like okay we can all go visit her sometime this week together...then Sister Needham goes "she wasn't at church today and I've been thinking about her, let's all go visit her after dinner." So I'm like wow, okay let's do this! Adventure with the Needham's. {Ashley is our Filipino member with a 2 year old little girl and her husband is a nonmember.} So the four of us pile in a taxi and we head over to Ashley's house. I text her in the car just to make sure she is home and she texts us back saying her little girl has been sick all day so that's why she couldn't come to church. So we were like shoot, if the baby is sick maybe they won't want us to come over....but we pulled up to their house, got out of the taxi and I called her. I said we are outside below your balcony if you just want to wave hello! She comes out and invites us in. We all had a great time talking and we even were able to get her husband to participate a little bit too. As we were leaving I apologized for just randomly stopping by and she said "No, I am so glad you did! You took away some of my stress from today. I love it when you come over!". We all left happy and as I talked about it with my comp later we said Sister Needham was definitely feeling the spirit on that one. So it made me realize that we don't have to be missionaries to know when someone from the ward or a dear friend needs a little cheering up. We as members all have the opportunity to have the holy ghost with us always. If we listen to him we might just be able to look outside of ourselves and make someones day. Remember the power you all have as members and look for those opportunities to help lift, inspire, and serve others. You never know the good you can do!

Love you all! Have another fabulous week and I will talk to you again real soon!

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

P.S. ALSO WE FOUND TWO NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK! WOOT WOOT! 










Shout out to the BBG!! 
{Butterfly Box Girls} 
Look it's butterflies!!!
 Just like they have those bridges with lots of locks on them....
at this place people tie butterflies everywhere <3




******
emails from Kyleigh's comp..

Mon. 7/4/16
Well Humans.... 😬

As usual this week was pretty eventful!

Baaaaasicalllly it has been raining and when I say raining I mean a full on down pour of water from the Heavens. It is Monsoon season everyone... Get your umbrellas ready!!! Face screaming in fear Even when you are not outside in the rain it still feels like it is raining on you... It is so humid!

First off this week (last Monday on P-day) we had a district P-day in Miryang at the Miryang Yeongnamnu Buddhist temple! It was very beautiful and a lot of fun to go see some historic sites! They filmed the Korean Drama of 'Ararang and the Magistrate' there so that was pretty awesome!

That same day we were at the church and a kitten climb into the pipes of the church and got stuck. So the elders called the Bishop to come save him. Which he did, but the next day low and behold there was another kitten down in the basement. I filmed the rescue of the cat (Which I will send in a separate email! my companion is the one screaming during the middle of the video. Hilarious! Smiling face with open mouth and cold sweat) I named him Waldo, because nobody could find him accept for me! I knew he was there. The other missionaries say I have cat senses and it is true! 🕵Because I can spot them everywhere!

We taught our 3 new investigators this week. So we will see how this goes!


I am going out into the rain again! See you later! Face with open mouth and cold sweat

Love, Sister Cordero



Mon 6/27/16
Well dear people,

This week was equally as exciting as it was these past serveral weeks. I went on exchange with my STL Sister Thornley and she came to Changwon/Dogye and I had to be in charge and lead her around the city as we did missionary work. Sooooo basically I planned for us to walk around a LOT, but that day it decided to rain, so after walking in the rain for several hours I decided it would be best to get on a bus for a while and dry off! BUT that night at English class, Sister Thornley and I, found Sister Cooper and I 2 new investigators. They may be mostly interested in learning English, but they also have a lot of questions about what we believe in. We shall see where is goes also, I gave one of the ladies her the English name of Diana. I think she likes it!

The next day during study time I looked out the window and what did I see? 6 Cats, all with full tails intact, sitting on the balcony across from my window. 3 adult cats and 3 kittens!!! It was amazing and I maybe forever distracted during my studies!Smiling cat face with heart-shaped eyes 

I also found ice cream with Renoir paintings on it and a pencil case from the drama "Boys Over Flowers" in a little supply store. It was hiding and dusty but some how I found it. It is too precious to actually use! I have also an impressive collection of Chocolate pies! YUM!

That is all I have time for this week! Have a great week everyone! 

Sister Cordero 🤓



*****
In family news this week.... 

Dad and Hannie were away at Reid's Ranch for ward girl's camp. Emmsie was starting her second week of training for her new job so she couldn't go. She was bummed! She loves girl's camp.  

Hannie didn't take her phone to camp...so she put me in charge of her snap chat daily's to all her friends.
Huh?
She left me a whole sheet of instructions.
It was hilarious.
The pressure!
{cuz I barely know what I'm doing.}
But I knew I was going to be in TROUBLE if I messed up her daily streaks.
Like I need to be worried about snap chat....But I was.

While they were away....
The younger kids and I had a Dory themed Day! 


 Dory Snack Mix

We made a shark out of a baby watermelon...thanks to some tutorials on line.. ;)

Sent them on a scavenger hunt.... around the house, outside and over to g-ma and g-pa Bell's. 

printables from www.Joleestudio.com

 


where they found an oversized wading pool! 
B has been wanting one so she was sorta excited ;) 



It was to the big pool that afternoon though!
Kate had her very first swim lesson.

B was prepping Kate for it... ;) 

She's a little fearful of the water, but she did awesome!

We went to the Dory movie that night.
ADORABLE.



*****

Our Silly Themed Day!.... 

We made home made silly putty from liquid dish soap and corn starch..idea from idearoom.net

We also made silly cannon ball shooters...with t.p. rolls, duct tape and balloons...
{Kate saw a DIY craft video on line}...
these little shooters really do work...

She and B had a marshmallow shooting contest...

They decorated the dinner table with silly string for our Silly Dinner...

B Olivia got Kate all decked out with silly hair and mismatched clothing...

I pulled out different holiday and party paper plates and napkins...


We had dinner from this mixed up Menu....

The girls didn't know what they were choosing....
whether it was dessert, or the vegetable or a spoon etc....
 {idea from ptskjohnson.blogspot.com}

I was the waitress ;)
 

this was my cheat sheet... 

I use rice noodles for our pasta these days...


ice cream sandwich dessert...
Brie and Kate helped me make.
Kate LOVES ice cream sandwiches, but the kids didn't care for this..strangely enough.

She's a fan of the Dr. Pepper!




We watched some silly comedy afterwards...curtesy of Studio C. 
*****
other randomness....
 someone did their own nails...they lasted all of 5 seconds. ;)


 *****
 these two started their volunteering for LDS Hospital a few weeks back..they help with the kids at the IHC day care.
 *****
In the kitchen....
Emmsie and I made banana bread...mostly with gluten free flour. Turned out quite tasty actually.

Kate's tomato specialty...She throws it all together herself...she cuts up baby tomatoes..mixes with salt, garlic and avocado oil...she goes out and picks the herbs she needs...basil, thyme and rosemary...cracks me up..

*****
fun with the cousins in the sun and at the Discovery Museum

 *****
daily strolls down the street with my dad and his new walker... ;)
 *****
Sushi time ;)

On this 4th of July weekend...We went with neighbor couples to see this...
If it's any indication of what I thought of it...I dozed thru most of it on the hubs shoulder. ;)

Happy Fourth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment