Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, August 06, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh Mission Week 12

Hello Everyone!!!

Monday July 20, 2015
First P-Day in Korea! Yay! We had to go get my alien card. Lot's of traveling to and from places. We went shopping in the Downtown area.  We had FHE with the YSA.

Tuesday July 21, 2015
Taught my first real lesson today. She likes to speak English so it was perfect for me to ease into trying to teach. Also, went out with the Elders to promote our free English class. I'm totally that person that could never stand out on the street passing out fliers haha!

Wednesday July 22, 2015
Did a service activity at a local library. Taught two investigators.

Thursday July 23, 2015
Had District Meeting. Ordered a bunch of chicken to the church! You can pretty much order anything here and have it delivered to wherever you are.

Friday July 24, 2015
Opened my 24th of July package from the BBG! They sent me a picture and fun treats. :) Did a service activity at the soup kitchen serving older folks.

Saturday July 25, 2015
Got to help out with Daegu Stake Seminary Quiz. Taught English class.

Sunday July 26, 2015
Attended ward council. Our water filter has been broken since I arrived so we have been dying of thirst. Finally got a hold of someone to come fix it later this week. Placed my first Book of Mormon in Korea!!!

Monday July 27, 2015
We went grocery shopping at a Costco type place. Finally got everything unpacked and put away. We hold FHE for all the YSA in the ward ( like 4 or 5 people total) every Monday night. So I conducted the meeting and one of our investigators came! We played card games and ate snacks!

Tuesday July 28, 2015
Our water filter finally got fixed. Hallelujah! We had a lunch appointment with one of the members. The heat was horrendous. Had our weekly MCM meeting.

Wednesday July 29, 2015
Had a lunch appointment with a member at an American Buffet called Ashley's. Korean versions of buffets are 10x smaller than American Buffets. We taught two of our investigators and met with two of the YW in the ward that we are serving in. Definitely the most humid day I have ever experienced. It's extremely hot and extremely humid. I've gotten used to drinking lots of water and not worrying if I'm sweating or not because everyone is just as sweaty as I am.  

Thursday July 30, 2015
Had District Meeting. Lunch with a member. Taught one of our investigators. Made goals for the month of August. Best Quote of the week that I pulled out from my friend butterfly box was on this day. It was from Elder Brockbank..."Missionary work is more satisfying than boys ;)" Hilarious!

Friday July 31, 2015
In the morning we did our service activity at the soup kitchen for old folks. I hand washed dishes the entire time. It was hot enough that I was dripping bullets of sweat. Lovely..haha! We went to the University here in Daegu and promoted our free English Class that we hold every Saturday.

Saturday Aug. 1, 2015
Taught English class and cleaned the church. Thank heavens I like food... So we had a lunch at a restaurant scheduled with the new Bishop of the ward we are serving in and his wife at 12:30pm. We had another appointment a couple hours later with a less active member and her daughter. We teach her four year old daughter a simple gospel principle and then play with her. When we got to their house the mom invited us to go with their family out to eat. It would have been rude to decline, so we went. In Korea it is rude to not eat everything placed before you so we ended up eating two HUGE meals back to back! The struggle of being a Missionary sometimes is how much can you eat. :) My companion and I were thankful that we were able to eat everything. Overall I like the food. Some doesn't have a lot of taste but there are certain dishes and meals that I really really like. The sushi here is pretty much the same as back at home. I've had a lot more sushi with raw type fish though and it's really good. Here in Korea they have a dish called kimbap. It's kinda like sushi, but Korean version. It's delicious... super super good! 

Sunday Aug. 2, 2015
On the first Sunday of every month the Sister Missionaries teach the YW lesson. We taught them about the importance of Temples. I shared a scripture and explained it and my companion did the rest. I still don't understand much and my speaking skills are very slowly progressing. I figure as long as I try to be patient and love the people the language will come in time.

I grossly underestimated what missionary work was going to be like, but I'm slowly plugging away at it. Trying to focus on others and do my best each day to improve a little bit. My christ like attribute this month that I've chosen to work on is diligence. There is always so much to be studying and certification to do. We are reading the Book of Mormon this transfer so we have to read 15-17 pages a day so that takes up a lot of time. Which I'm very grateful for. I love being able to read the BOM this fast, but it also takes up a lot of time so I don't get as much studying in for other stuff that I wish I could.  I love the ward. Everyone is super nice and patient and kind. There are five young women. I don't know how to chat with them, we try and say a few things, but I just sit and smile, and they sit and smile at me. 

I'm doing very well. I hope everyone had a fabulous week! I love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

Last few pics from the MTC....

Murray friends...
Elder Walton, Elder Pett, Sister Stowell

Korean branch friends...


In other news....
Pool fun! 
Waiting for sister to get done with her swim lesson. 

So cute watching Brie trying to teach Kate. 

 Family Time!
We made homemade pizzas...
and then participated in our Stake's 50/20! Inspired from General Conference talk by Elder Gibbons HERE. Ultimate goal was to walk 50 miles in less than 20 hours. Start time was 8:00 p.m. on Friday night and it went til 4:00 in the afternoon on Saturday. There was a 5 mile route within our Stake boundaries that you could loop and do 10 times. You could bike it, jog, skateboard or whatever.  It wasn't a race and you didn't have to do the whole 50 miles. You could do just 5 miles, 20 or whatever you chose to do. 


The whole family survived the first 5 miles...




some spurts of running...


Then while the Mr. and I did another 5 mile loop the kids went home to watch the new Disney movie. Which they absolutely LOVED! They were going nutso over Ben. 

some pigging out on M & M's ensued.....

We finished off the night with a backyard campout! We set up the tent earlier in the evening knowing it would be late went we got back. 

The hubs crashed in his comfy hammock...darth vader mask and all.  

Us girls were tent dwellers for the night!



Our backyard is adjacent to our Stake Center, which was the command post throughout the night for the 50/20. So we heard all the commotion from that on and off all night long. Kinda fun. I could hardly sleep that night anyway, so wired from all the late night exercise. 

The hubs and I decided to bike the route three times the next morning. All in all, the hubs and I ended up doing 25 miles each. I figured I jogged close to 3 miles, walked 7, and biked 15. Our family logged 70 miles total. It was a challenge yet so much fun..even though my legs didn't work quite right for two days after. haha Some neighbors of ours were the only ones in the Stake to actually walk the whole 50 miles. They walked throughout the night and everything. AMAZING!!

favorite food creations of late...
Daddy makes the best quiche. Throws about everything in there but the kitchen sink.  

Kate made this tomato dish...practically by herself. 
Has herbs and olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar. 
Cracks me up. I told her she is in charge of feeding me when I'm old and gray. 

Emma and Hannah made these yummy sugar cookies!


Went and saw this {again} last night with some ladies in the neighborhood. 
My gosh! I love this movie. 
There's even a 1967 and 1998 version.
The soundtrack is beautiful too. 

It's a must see my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment