Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in Korea 

                                

mission week 13

Hello Everyone!!!

It's been another long, but good week.

Monday August 3, 2015
We went to a Zone lunch and I was able to meet some of the people in my Zone. The heat was absolutely unbearable...We live about a 12 minute walk from the church and we had to take a taxi to FHE because the heat was so bad...haha!

Tuesday August 4, 2015
Taught one of our newer investigators today. The plan was for me to share a couple sentences about Heavenly Father and then my companion would teach her how to pray. As I was preparing in the morning I felt that I needed to share some sort of scripture with her. So as I as teaching her I did, and she was super interested in the Book of Mormon. MIRACLE! That like never happens. All of our investigators meet with us because they like to learn English and then they usually zone out when we talk about the Gospel...So we are hoping she might actually have some Gospel interest.

Wednesday August 5, 2015
The Ward Mission Leader took us Sisters and the Elders out to lunch. He is the best. We walked in the heat for a couple hours trying to find a less active lady's house to give her a birthday treat. Met with a family whose 20 year old something daughter is less active. We shared a message about the importance of church attendance and invited her to the ward picnic we had on Saturday.

Thursday August 6, 2015
I had my first Zone Conference! I said the opening prayer in Korean for the morning session. People were really impressed with the prayer I said. {The prayer is just memorized because I still can't conjugate sentences in my head.} The topic of the Conference was the Book of Mormon and how we can better use it in our everyday lives. The whole Conference was uplifting and after we got to watch "Meet the Mormons"! {I was very excited about that. Ya'll know I love that movie.} If there is one thing I took away from the Conference it was to read the Book of Mormon everyday SINCERELY. It sounds so simple, but is often hard to do. So I encourage everyone to read. Your day will go better :)

Friday August 7, 2015
I placed my first Book of Mormon on my own! We met a taxi driver who is extremely interested in the Gospel. Met with the sweetest less active lady at a restaurant. She is American and has been teaching English in Korea for the past six years. She leaves to go back to the states permanently in three weeks.

Saturday August 8, 2015
Spent almost all day with the ward up in the mountains for the ward picnic. Being in the mountains reminded me of home.

Sunday August 9, 2015
Attended church and ate lunch with the members after. The church members in this area are SUPER nice. We actually eat with them a lot. Probably three to four times a week. I feel like its almost everyday we are with somebody from the ward doing something. Met with our new investigator (the taxi driver). He is actually interested in the Gospel! Yay! We have high hopes for him!

*taxi driver story {long version}....

Two weeks ago this past Friday we met this lady who was nice and kinda interested in what we were saying. All we did was give her a "Because He Lives" card. We wish we would have given her a BOM or gotten her number. So we decided to go stalking the next Friday to see if we could find her again. {We knew where she worked.} So we went and waited about a 1/2 hr. -40 min's.  Time was running out because we had to go to a service activity. All the sudden we see her, but she's across the street and there was no way to get to her because cars were zooming by and the light didn't turn green for us to walk, so we missed her. The next Friday we went stalking again and we didn't see her at all. BUT... we ended up taking a taxi ride to our service activity and the taxi driver is like the perfect person prepared for the gospel. So awesome! We met with him today. A ward member came along. I didn't understand a single word he said as he told his story. He talked for a long time. He lives on his own, he doesn't have any family except a daughter who isn't involved in his life, as far as we know. He just seems very prepared for the gospel. He's already committed to come to church next Sunday. It will be cool to see what happens. 

I do feel bad because I can't understand any of the language still and sometimes its pretty frustrating, but I'm just trying to be patient and continue to do my best. I have to give a talk in District meeting on Thursday on how the Bible and B of M support each other. This Friday we have a sister's conference. It's the first one that they've done. We have to travel to the mission home in Busan. I get to see some of the sisters from my MTC district, which will be really fun. 

I am alive, healthy and plugging away at missionary life. 

Love you all!!!! :)

Love, Sister Kyleigh Cooper

Pictures!!!


My apartment building...
Even though we don't have a bedroom, {we sleep in the kitchen} our apartment is actually pretty big compared to some of the others, so I'm pretty lucky right now.

The street I live by...

The Elders...


In other family news....
Our visit to see the birds...

Peacocks are just walking around like they own the place. 
LOVE those peacocks!




Brie seeing the owls...her favorites!



Mighty Condors!



Pretty sure a bee was gonna sting my face right as Kate was taking our picture...

 The parrots cracked us up...they were going at each other!

 Kate was all.."Are they in love?" bahaha  

Hannah's Adventure! 
The 4th year YW in our Stake learned how to rappel at Storm Mountain in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Prepping for their 4th year over nighter adventure. 





That's my Hannie!




This past weekend they went down to Zion's and rappelled through Keyhole Canyon. Wish I had actual pics of THAT. From the stories I heard it was one heck of an experience.... which included multiple short rappels, some down climbing, plenty of wading in water, and a swim down a long dark narrow corridor in some of the coldest water in Zion National Park. {Hannah says it was pretty freaky at times...she thought her friend was going to die of hypothermia.} Although very challenging it ended up being one of the funnest things she's ever done. 

They stayed in the nicest cabin. Lucky girls!



Hannah had an absolute blast with these girls. 


Fun food finds!
 The food trucks at Murray Park...

Haven't caught on to the food truck craze...until now.
My gosh some good eats...

Brie's pick!

Emma was in heaven with the French Toast Truck! 


 The old fashioned blueberry donuts from the Donut Truck. 
{Kyleigh would have died.  They are her favorites! Poppi got them in honor of her} I have to say THE best donut I've ever had. My gosh!

And then this.......put me in a food coma.

A Caribbean Jerk Burger from the Grilled Cheese Truck. 
Best sandwich I'VE EVER HAD. Period. I even went and told the owner that. 


More of the weeks randomness...

Some fun smelling all the yumminess at Bath n Body Works with Emma....
{In case you are wondering Barcelona is by far the best smelling one}

Brie got a new bike!


Some rolly polly {potato} bug look'in with Kate...


 More cook'in by Kate!

Night out with the hubs and neighbors!
Iggy's Cobb salad

My favorite part of the show was the Vienna Opera part :) 

A trip down memory lane....
So two and half years ago {Feb of 2013} they started construction on our new Junior High school. {Located right by the old one} Emma was in 9th grade at the time and Hannah 7th. To get to school I would drive them down this particular side street every school day, and it was the same street my mom used to drive me to the junior high in the mid 80's... {Singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning". haha} Well... they were shutting this street down in preparation to start the construction... so the nostalgic freak that I am.. I took a video of us driving down it for the very last time as we knew it.     


We initially thought the new school would be completed for Hannah to attend her 9th grade year. Didn't happen, but she was okay with it.  She thinks its cool they were the very last class to attend the old school. The original was built in 1911 with many additions and changes made over the years. 

We were able to take a private tour of the new school this week thanks to a brother- in- law who works there. 









The new... to the tune of 33 Million...
{photo from Hillcrest Jr High website}

The old...kinda sad to see it be torn down, but it is time... 








So fun to have had our three oldest be able to attend the same Junior High as their dad and I.....

 And finally....New book I started this week...very interesting read. Love a true story mixed with a bit of U.S. history.

No comments:

Post a Comment