Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh Mission Update Week 27

Monday November 9, 2015
We went to go check out some amethyst caves that are in our area. It ended up being a mini amusement park and the cave was more like a museum. It had stuff about dinosaurs, aboriginals and Egyptians...what does all of that have to do with Korea? No clue :) We had FHE with a family in our Branch. We talked about Enos and prayer with the two little boys and the Mom who was baptized five years ago.

Tuesday November 10, 2015
Ate dinner with a member. Her house is like the Temple. Everything is white and it even has crystal chandeliers. It's super pretty. We made a comment about her house looking like the Temple and she said that the prophets have said that our homes should be like the Temple. You can definitely feel the spirit in her home, so I'm like you go Sister!

Wednesday November 11, 2015
Today is Bebero Day! It's a holiday where you pass out pretzel type sticks dipped in chocolate to your friends and family! We had our last District Meeting of the Transfer. Met two members briefly and met a new investigator. Her English name is Chloe. The first time we met her and she saw our name tags she blurted out that she loves Jesus! I was like so do we, and he loves you too Chloe :)

Thursday November 12, 2015
We had our service activity and then we had to deep clean our house because the transfer is ending. Then we went and helped teach a family. We talked about how the Gospel blesses families. We got a transfer call that night. Boy, do I have some news.... I didn't really think much about getting a new companion or being transferred because I just got here {six weeks ago},  but they are closing our area for Sisters, because we don't have enough coming to the field right now. My comp, Sister Cunningham, got transferred to a different zone and I'm going to the area right next door, same zone. It's called 방어진 (bong oh jeen). It's the area right next to the beach. Most the time Sisters here only work in four to maybe five areas at the most. I'm only in my fourth transfer out of 12 and I'm already in my third area. Kinda crazy. Hopefully I will be in this one for quite awhile. I feel like that would be nice. But you go where the Lord wants ya, right? So it will all be good.   SUPER excited because I already know some of the missionaries who are working in my new area. My new companion is Sister Daley. I love her. We are both going to be Sister Training Leaders this transfer. Being a Sister Trainer I have four weeks to learn the ropes and then I have to lead the area. I still can not speak Korean. Please pray for me. haha. It's going to be a really crazy, busy, fun and exciting transfer. The thing that's a little nerve racking is that this is Sis Daley's last transfer. Because it's Christmas, the President is sending missionaries home a couple weeks early. So we are actually only working together for 4 weeks, then she is going home.  I'm not sure what is going to happen to me. I might be a floater and go live with another sister missionary team for about two weeks until normal transfer time.  

Friday November 13, 2015
We had to pack all of our stuff and take it to the post office in the pouring rain. We visited a member for dinner. I passed my six month mark!

Saturday November 14, 2015
We had lunch with the District President and his wife. They are awesome! We visited the less active member that we visit every week, for the last time. She is still struggling with the everything is easier said than done.. We tell her it gets easier once you finally start..sometimes that is the hardest part. It's the same with reading scriptures or maybe even getting up early for church. It might be hard to start, but it's sooo worth it afterward. We had English Class and lots of the regulars came to say goodbye. It was sweet.

Sunday November 15, 2015
We visited lots of people to say goodbye. Bore our testimonies to say goodbye. I'm going to miss the branch. The branch that I worked with was really awesome. So that will be kinda sad, but I'm right next door. I'm not going too far. I'm very glad I'm being transferred so close. I really like this zone. It was crazy trying to tie up loose ends for the Area, but we accomplished what we needed too!

I hope everyone is doing good! Enjoy the fall season and the holidays! It's the perfect time to think about Christ and New Years Resolutions and what we can all do a little bit better to become more Christlike! 

Love you all so much! :)

xoxo
Sister Kyleigh Cooper

p.s.
I forgot my scripture for the week with the stress of packing and transferring. Whoops! 

p.s.s 
I don't have to buy a coat. One of the ladies in English class brought two of her coats she wasn't using and gave them to me. Super sweet. The coats are awesome. 

The Caves!


In other family news this week....

IL DIVO and ONE DIRECTION had new CD's come out on.the.same.day...Dang! 
Happy Music Day for us. 

While Emma, Hannah and Brie went to the school Musical. Kate came on a date with the hubs and I. :) Tony Burgers has super delish hamburgers. 



Awe...Paris! Paris! The city that I love. 
What can I even say?...
{pic & quote from leisahammett.com}

I'll let this quote do the talking...

“later that night
i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?

it answered 
everywhere
everywhere
everywhere.” 
― Warsan Shire

 A little Turkey Treat for Throwback Thursday  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment