Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's On My Happy List?



Kyleigh Mission Week 14

Hello Everyone!!!


Monday August 10, 2015
Had a relaxing P Day. Emailed and wrote my talk for District Meeting that was last Thursday. At FHE we played card games and ate chicken.

Tuesday August 11, 2015
All of our appointments cancelled on us so we ended up making tons of message cards to give out to people. As we were taking one to our Ward Missionary Leader's house we had another taxi miracle. We got in the taxi and the first thing the taxi driver said is give me a Book of Mormon! Like what?! Turns out his brother is a member in Seoul and he is very curious about the church. Hopefully we can start teaching him in a couple weeks.

Wednesday August 12, 2015
Made cookies for a bunch of people we would be meeting over next few days. Met with a less active couple. Had a 30/30 lesson with one of our investigators. She bought us chicken...then told us she would be too busy to meet for a while...we basically got dropped haha!

Thursday August 13, 2015
Officially hit my three month mark! Had to give a talk in District Meeting on how the Book of Mormon and the Bible support each other ( in Korean). Went on my first exchange with one of my Sister Training Leaders. Her name is Sister Call and she is from Draper and went to Alta High School. She just hit her half way mark yesterday..crazy! It was pouring rain and we had to be out walking so needless to say we got drenched haha! 

Friday August 14, 2015
Went to Busan for a special Sisters Conference. It was fun to see old MTC District friends and finally meet a lot of the Sisters that people have been telling me stories about. Met with Ariana, one of our less actives. She leaves for the states in two weeks now.

Saturday August 15, 2015
Met with a less active. Tried to visit another less active who is in the hospital right now, but she was sleeping when we went, so we just left a message card. Met with a referral from a ward member for dinner. She is the cutest person ever! Her parents are Buddhist, but she has never been interested in Buddhism. We don't even know if she is interested in the Gospel. We just got to know her and she enjoyed meeting so we hope that eventually she will want to learn about the Gospel.

Sunday August 16, 2015
Attended church and ward council. Helped a girl from Australia find the right bus to take to get her where she needed to go. Met with one of the families in the ward for FHE. The dad is in the Stake Presidency and he wants me to speak with him next Sunday in Sacrament...lucky me haha! :)

All in all I'm doing good! We met quite a few English speaking people this week so that was nice. Mostly we just helped them with whatever they needed...so basically directions, but hey they might always remember Missionaries helping them with directions when they were lost in Korea, right? :)

Love you all!!!!

Sister Kyleigh Cooper


Pictures!
This is one of their shopping centers! 
{This picture is only like a twelfth of the size of the actual place.}
 IT IS HUGE! So many stores!!


Me and Sister Call after walking in the pouring rain all night...

In other family news this week...

Wednesday Night the girls went on a hike with the Young Women....


Before 6 AM Thursday morn Hannie was kidnapped for drill initiation...

Later that day was High School registration for Emma and Hannah...
Locker and classroom finding....




Thursday Night was the Drill Team Family BBQ





On Friday, Emma landed a job at her favorite bookstore. We were ecstatic...as in jumping up and down happy!!!! 

Friday night was the Annual Ward BBQ...good food & games...
firemen came and sprayed the kids...the tradish slip n slide...


Brie and Bishop Butterfield ready to attempt the slip n slide...He told her if she went down that he would. 


bahaha...


We have the BEST ward. Not kidd'in.

 The hubs and I had to be two places at once...we left the party early to watch Hannah perform at halftime at the Black n White football game...

After, we hopped in our friend's "burb" for a double Friday night date {with some kids in tow} and went searching for food trucks...

We found this in Holladay...opened up about 6 weeks ago. 
A park featuring different food trucks 6 nights a week. 
Now that's my kind of park. ;)

The hubs and I tried Peruvian sandwiches...YUM! 
I'm telling you these food trucks are like a culinary experience. 

Hannah doesn't even like hamburgers, but she fell for the ones from the Chedda Truck!
{photo from roaminghunger.com}


 Saturday night my friend and I were in charge of our Stake Party......This event has been hanging over us FOR MONTHS. {both of us are beyond glad to have it over with.} My friend will not miss waking up at 3:00 AM with Party Panic. One night she was having a nightmare...chasing down the UPS truck that didn't leave a box with decor I'd ordered for the party. haha.  

We did our second round of shopping the morn of...
trying to load the car up... quite a humorous situation.

The church kitchen looked like a mini Costco...


I was in charge of decor... the fun stuff! ;) 
For centerpieces I made stands out of old vinyl records and glued glass candle holders, cups, small vases...whatever I could find at the DI and in my own collection that I could part with.  
Most of the records {about 30} were my parents and then I found others at the DI for .50 cents a piece.  

I found these Classic 1956 Ford Thunderbird cartons online from Retro Planet to place on top of the stands.
Filled them with salt water taffy and popcorn from 
The Popcorn Cottage. 



Along with the record stands and cars, I used these '50 images below and music notes for additional table decor....
I had 40 tables to decorate!!!... 
{Emma, the hubs, and others were a huge help}

thepartyworks.com

partywizard.co.uk

Amazon


We had a mini car show....THIS CAR tickled me to death. It's exactly what I wanted to see there at the party. 













We had a water slide and bounce house, awesome 50's music play'in {that was my favorite part} and cooperative weather...Thank goodness. 


Saturday was also Drill Team picture day out at Saltaire...I'm telling ya EVERYTHING FELL on this weekend. 
Even with all we had going on...We missed a cousin wedding, Jaren's 30th high school reunion, and my niece opening up her mission call. It was the craziest weekend of our summer by far. 

If that was not enough...On Sunday....
  
My hubs had to shave off his van dyke...

cuz we've got THE Bishop living at our house now...


The hubs...what can I say...he's such a good guy. He's got many Christ-like characteristics and great leadership skills that will serve him well in his new calling. He'll do an awesome job, and we support him 100 %! With or without his facial hair...not gonna lie, the loss of it is wigg'in the girls and I out a bit. ;)  haha
He's had it FOR YEARS. I LOVED IT. AND I'M GONNA MISS IT. 

Monday night the hubs and I snuck out for an evening concert at the Scera Outdoor Theatre in Orem.
To hear Nathan Pacheco!
He's got a Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Pavarotti vibe to him.
Right up my alley. 
Loved it. 



 Such a relaxing evening....much needed after the weekend we had had. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment