Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

What's On My Happy List?


Kyleigh in the MTC week 5

It's been so hectic today. We are switching residence buildings. They are updating the MTC and it's our buildings turn for remodeling. All the sisters living in this building have been moving out on their p-days. So we had to move out today. It took us five trips to get everything over to our new place. It was such a pain, but I guess it gets us used to transfers. :) Our new building is SO MUCH NICER. IT IS CLEAN, THE ROOMS ARE HUGE. WE EACH HAVE OUR OWN CLOSET NOW and the BATHROOMS ARE SO MUCH BETTER! 

In Relief Society I used the object lesson you sent on Baptism using a hard boiled egg. 
{idea from HERE} I snuck a few eggs from the cafeteria. The lesson lasted the whole time that it was supposed to. I think it went really well. 

THE PRAYER. oh my gosh. I was stressing out all day about it. More like the whole week. I tried to tell myself I'd be fine and not to think about it till Sunday. I tried to write down a few thoughts.  The speaker that spoke, Brother Heaton, I forgot his first name...don't even remember who he was because I hardly listened to the talk I was so worried about the prayer the whole time. The topic of the talk he was giving was on how to give more sincere prayers. haha How ironic that I'm the one that has to give the prayer after he gives a talk on prayer. When the time came, I got up there.... my hands were sweating so bad, I felt like I was going to faint. There's like 1,500 people in here! I just said something very simple. I turned around after getting done and my companion, and two Elders in my District who were up there with me, {Elder Orendorf had to say the opening prayer}, were smiling at me and saying you did it, you did fine, it sounded great!  So it was all good. I wish I could have done it in Korean, but they like you to do it in English. So yah, I'm glad that is over with. I've done it, and now I can say that was a pretty cool experience. Thanks for praying for me. WE did it! 

I've started to read a Conference talk every day or every other day or so. It's kind of a nice break, I underline things, and kinda study it, and write notes in the margins, and what not. 

I had my half way meeting with President Gilbert. He's so chill. I really like him. I almost wish he was our mission President. His personality, and how he runs and leads things....I really like his way of how he does that. 

This really cool thing happened Sunday night. After the devotional we got to watch a movie. We watched The Legacy in Korean with subtitles. My companion was feeling really really sick that night to the point where she wanted a blessing. After the movie we asked our Elders in our District to give her one.  They like to goof off, a lot, so it was really cool to see them come together and be really mature about the whole situation. We found a room in a classroom building. They went and grabbed the oil and they came back and they were super calmed down. They asked her who she wanted to anoint the oil, and who to give the blessing. For some of them it was the first blessing that they had ever given. I kinda started crying because I thought of dad and him giving me blessings, and then I thought of all my missionary guy friends out in the world, and how they can be doing that for other sisters. So that was sweet, and a really cool experience.  

 I've had a good week this week although last night I had a real all time low. I had a really rough three hours. But it's okay, I think it just comes with the calling. It just gets hard! It's hard to focus in here sometimes, it's a huge social setting, you are with a bunch of people your age, you want to talk and have fun, so it's distracting. I also struggle to realize what I am capable of. Sometimes it comes from what I want to do, and what I just don't want to do. I have a hard time opening up and sharing my feelings or spiritual thoughts in English, having to do it in Korean doesn't make it any easier.  I feel like once I get out into the field I'll be able to really focus on the work, and really get outside of myself and see what I am capable of. I know I'm no where ready with the language, but part of me knows that most of the language learning will come once I'm over there. 
3 1/2 more weeks!!! I'm ready to get out of here. I really am. It's getting tough. I miss the family. I miss having time to do what I want to do. But IT'S ALL GOOD. I know I'm where I need to be. I'm not a quitter. 
I'm doing much better today. It's P-day and we get a break. :) 

I'm almost done memorizing the First Vision in Korean. I only have seven more words. I'll probably send that in a recording next week. :) 

On Wednesday I got a package from Kyleigh with a set of scriptures in them. I was so baffled until I read the notes in there, one from Sister Markus and from Kyleigh who said..."Sister Markus is from the Netherlands. She couldn't bring a lot with her. She didn't have an English set of scriptures so we all pitched in and bought her a set. She would like her name engraved on them. My District knew that if we sent them to you it would get done the fastest. Go Mama Cooper!" 

A quick trip to the distribution center for the embossing on Thursday, and I sent them back Same Day MTC delivery on Friday, {with some much wanted avocados stashed in there for Ky} I've started to alternate which days and what Mail/UPS place I go to so the people that work there don't think I'm package happy. haha.     

Our Week in Pictures....

Emmsie went to Stake YW's girl's camp. 
Hannah couldn't go because of Drill Team commitment. Bummer.


The hubs got to go up with the Bishopric the last night of the camp. He took up a drawing for Emmsie that Hannie and I made of our week without her. We missed her! 
{She got a kick out of it.}  

Waking up at 5 in the morn in the summer is kinda brutal. 
So are the drill workouts.
 Hannie is super sore and exhausted all the time. 


Splash Pad with friends....


Eat'in lunch with daddy at work...


followed by some Dino fun.....

Digg'in for dino bones...

Bubber Dinosaurs!

DQ Jurassic Park shakes!

The kiddos and I watched the very first Jurassic Park to end our Dino day. 
{We like to freak out our kids before bedtime. haha.} 
If anything the show brings back memories. The hubs and I were moving to California in June of 1993 and we made a pit stop for the night, and saw this movie that had just come out... 

Fruit challenge! 
Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas, Cuties and Apples are staples around here. I bought a few other fruits that we don't have quite as often and the girls rated them to their liking. {I wish I had a pic of Kate's face eating the grapefruit. haha}
Bottom three...kiwi, grapefruit and apricots. 
Nectarines, cherries and grapes at the top.  

My B Olivia is loving this book series...

Try'in to stay cool in this icky hot weather...


 Scofield get away with dad

No comments:

Post a Comment