Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What's On My Happy List?

Merry Christmas!

Our Christmas Eve Celebration!

We had our traditional Seafood Feast! So yummy!

My little Kate loves to help in the kitchen. She LOVES to help g-ma cut vegetables, especially for Sunday dinners. One of Kate's favorite shows is Pioneer Woman on the cooking channel. 


G-ma has a huge collection of nutcrackers. Emma, Kate and I used them to decorate for our Christmas Eve dinner.  Kate got right in there help'in to set the table. She's a mini Emma. I say if Emma ain't careful Kate's gonna take over her job. Ha!


Loved the twins outfits. One in SILENT NIGHT? the other YEAH RIGHT! {so so true!}




Grandmas 7-11 dice gift game spoils us. We walk away with movie tix, gift cards to favorite restaurants, i-tunes cards, food, cash, Disney pins, books, Lego's, bath n body soaps.... it's crazy fun!


Uncle Ryan flew in from Japan with his girlfriend. 

They brought us fun gifts! We were just as enamored by the Japanese newspaper. So cool!

After our time with Jaren's family we have our own little celebration. 
We opened up pj's and our book. 




These two things were some of my favorite Christmas finds this year. Those are 12 Days of Christmas candy bars. So stink'in cute!

Kate locked herself in our bedroom crying cuz she didn't want to wear her pj's? Say what? What 4 year old doesn't want to wear an ELSA Frozen dress? {Apparently ours doesn't}  

Brie, Kate and I made Santa's out of Nutter Butter Cookies. 


Emma and Hannah made the girls reindeer food out of oatmeal and glitter! 

Wish'in and hope'in for SNOW! 
{As you can see Kate snapped out of what ever mood she was in and joined the fun ;} 

We read the Night Before Christmas, watched Home Alone, and then the girls decided to sleep together in ONE room. Kate serenaded everyone with two of her preschool songs. {They thought it would never end.} 


Somehow Hannah got stuck between the blow up mattress and her dresser.  Hysterical laughter on her part. 

This pretty much sums up their night. Emma said she had a horrible sleep. Dreamt of murder even. The next morning she asked, "Aren't you supposed to dream about fairies and sugar plums on Christmas Eve?

While the kids tried to sleep..Magic was happening in the family room! 
Good memories with the hubs! {one being him trying his darndest to wrap a gift...not one of his strengths, but so cute to watch!} 



Mrs. Claus is fanatic about laying things out just so..with everyone having the same amount of gifts to open. etc. Lots of thought and effort goes into Christmas around here. It's a true labor of love. Mrs. Claus keeps her trusty little notebook and writes down practically everything, items bought, money spent etc. Tries to make it as even and fair as possible. {With 5 girlies you kinda have to!} Frankly, when it's all said and done, like at 1:00 in the morning, Mrs. Claus is surprised she can think straight... it's quite the production, but for Christmas, it's totally worth it.  Her mantra this year was 6 gifts on Christmas morning...maybe with a few slight exceptions...
3 wants {one of those being a "gift of love"-something thoughtful and unexpected that fits just them & their personality}  
1 gift of need
1 gift to wear 
1 gift to read. 

It worked very, very well and Mrs. Clause will probably stick to this for every Christmas from here on out. We do not exchange between siblings. Although this year, because Kyleigh has her own money from working, she wanted to give gifts, so she did. B also bought mom and dad and grandparent gifts from the secret Santa shop at school with her own money. 






Christmas Morn!!!

Our rule is no getting up earlier than 7:30 on Christmas morn. Cute little Kate crawled in bed with me in the 5 o'clock hour and asked "Is Christmas over after we open the presents?" Awe! {hurt my heart a little..cuz who wants all this wonderfulness to end?} Daddy had to wake the kids after 8. They were still sleeping! I'm telling you we are not morning people, even on Christmas.  



hands down my favorite gift I received that day....from the hubs..
{I love cards!}


We realized cute B got lots of 'B' things...books, boots, bedspread, blanket, bows...kinda funny :)












One of my favorite things about the day...the biggest snowfall of the season..RIGHT ON CHRISTMAS DAY. It can't get better than that. What a blessed sight! 



Daddy always takes our picture in front of the tree before we head to grandma and grandpa's. 


With the cousins!




Christmas Break is going way too fast...
A few things we've been up to. 

Brie, Kate and Emma have enjoyed doing Lego's.

We have had loads of fun playing these two games. 

Putting this puzzle together! Emma hid one of the puzzle pieces, she felt she should have the honor of putting the last piece in since she's the one that worked the most on it. ;)

We are modge podging it together and hanging it in the playroom.

Kyleigh got to go shooting with Daddy and Uncle.

The whole fam went and saw this. Very well done, but not quite what we thought it was going to be. A little long and odd. Kids didn't like the way it ended. The scene with the two princes singing Agony was our favorite. 

Speaking of movies, one of my favorite memories from this past month is watching the old classic Christmas movies. { Beyond our standard Christmas must sees like Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, and Home Alone.} We have become quite the Bing Crosby fans of late. Can you believe I had never seen White Christmas, nor Holiday Inn? My hubs and some of my girls had. Have to say SO un-American on my part.  Especially for the movie fanatic that I am. Along with those two we watched Christmas in Connecticut, and Bishops Wife. {shout out to Cary Grant on that one.} They are all good, but I tend to favor Holiday Inn the most. Fred Astaire's dancing combined with Bing's voice. Can't be beat.   





Other Christmas Break memories...
B lost a tooth on Christmas Day

Emma curling Kyleigh and Kate's hair

Our Pizza Picnic on the family room floor

Sleepout in family room with cousin Daniel

Texas Roadhouse with friends 

Emma reading 4 books.. so far

Kyleigh and friends doing the 12 Days of Christmas for a family

Watching movies...
            
While You Were Sleeping {one of my all-time fav's}, 
Philomenia {very very good}, 
and High Society {It's a new fav! 1950's classic musical with Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra! and Grace Kelly...ooohh it's a good one. So much so I had to buy it to add to my collection.} 

Picking out paint for Hannah and Brie's room

Flooding in the kitchen

Comcast cable TV issues up the whazoo... 

Looking Forward to New Year's EVE......

No comments:

Post a Comment