Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's On My Happy List?

Oh goodness me. It's THAT time of year again. Where in the flip did the summer go!? Surely you all know by now that we are not first day of school fans around here. In fact if we were to rate our favorite months of the year in order of favorite to least.... August is right there at the bottom with the month of January. All because??? School starts. With that said, we always rise to the occasion...

This school year does comes with a tich more excitement because we are experiencing an unusual first at our house. A little momentous because it's never gonna happen again.  This is the one and only year we will have a child in each level of school...College, High School, Junior High, Elementary and Preschool. We've got it covered at our house!
   
Kyleigh's first day of college! 

It was hard for her to see the summer end.... She had a fun one! Going on adventures with her best friend. She'd be the first to tell you that it's been a bit of a struggle transitioning into adulthood. She'd much rather be going back for another year of high school. Totally misses dance and she recently had to say goodbye to two super great friends. One leaving for college, and another on a mission. Changes. Changes. 

During the summer she worked as a IHC registrar floating around to different hospitals in the valley. She recently landed a permanent part time position at her favorite place to work. It couldn't have come at a more perfect time, nor could it fit more perfectly with her school schedule. She's a lucky girl! She just happened to be in the vicinity on this particular day, and was able to eat lunch with Dad, Kate and I, and the volunteer girls...

We are so happy we still have a reason to go to the high school football games.... to cheer on Ashton. Rain or shine!

He got hurt though :( and couldn't play much of the game.


Friday Night Lights! One of our favorite things! 



I found this note on my bedside table this past week from Kyleigh. So glad this girl is not moving away to college quite yet...I'd miss her hugs!

Emma started her Junior Year! 
She's got a loaded schedule which includes two SLCC classes, an AP class and two honors classes. She'll have homework up the ying yang. She found out in the summer that she passed the AP World History Exam. Such a relief and accomplishment for her! She ABSOLUTELY loves her AP US History teacher this year, who she has had for Honors English before. He's been at the high school for ions. {since I was there} "Best teacher on the planet," she says! She finds herself completely enthralled in his lectures. European History is her favorite, particularly the reign of Queen Victoria, her favorite historical figure. This kid can give you a mini lesson on her life and her 9 children. Her memory for such things blows me away. She still is taking private bagpipe lessons, but withdrew from pipe band duties for the time being. And no participating in MAG this year either. Just school! Which no doubt will keep her plenty busy.    

Off to catch the bus...
 

She was pretty torked she got a bottom locker. At her height and all her books... I don't blame her. 

This was taken on the last day of volunteering. Emmsie volunteered at the off site child care center. She helped with the babies, holding and feeding them, and really enjoyed it. She took to a couple of them and will miss them. 

Love this picture from ward girl's camp! They are all Juniors.

Emmsie is awesome at organizing...she is my biggest helper! From helping me to deep clean the fridge to organizing the linen closet and pantry, you want Emmsie by your side.

                                       
Hannah started the 9th Grade! She's a great student too. {All my kiddos are.}
She and Emmsie are bestest friends...

Just so you know finding the right back pack is quite the ordeal for my girls. Thus the picture for memory sake. Hannah just kept hers from last year. Emmsie needed two new ones. She uses one for A day and the other for B day classes. 

A little mom and Hannah time at her favorite pizza place..

Hannah had a fun summer hang'in with these two friends...love how she's trying to ride a bike and hold three slurpies at the same time.

I think Hannie was happy to have her time at the hospital end. She got stuck doing paperwork.

Dance has resumed. I got to observe 5 dance classes this week. :) 

We got some awesome news just a couple of days ago.. we got a call that there were a few unexpected open spots in Starlette Co., the highest dance level in the program, so guess who was invited to move up? Hannah is now in the top 14 out of a program of 600 dance students. Very exciting! 

This is such a lovely sight to me. Whenever I feel like we are living in a pig stye I can often look at Hannah's corner of the world and bask in her orderliness. She's my girl who is on top of her laundry the most, the one cleaning her room the most, and the first ready to go most often. She definitely wins the award for the most organized on a consistent basis. 

Brie is now a 4th grader! She is going to have a great year. {I can just feel it.} She has a completely awesome teacher and great school friends in her class. Hoping both keeps her school anxiety at bay. This kid starts worrying about school in July. {no lie}

  She can be my chatterbox when she wants to be...and her smile and laugh will get you every time!

Yes that little one in the middle is a 4th grader!


This was the site at the pool the night before school started. {Such a sad sign that summer had come to an end.} If you look close enough you can see B's foot popping out of the water coming off the slide haha. She is a fish! I honestly think she is the most happy in the water. She's so excited to be continuing her swim lessons throughout the Fall.

While I was up at Deer Valley on an outing with my parents Emmsie took the kids swimming at the neighbors one last time....

Fun at Lagoon with friends!

First day back at dance!

B has been getting a few piano lessons from me this summer.  

 Her doodling during Sacrament Mtg. 

Kate
starts another year of preschool next week... 

Her Very very first day of dance!

These are Kate's two favorite stuffed animals. She loves these little guys. One had a birthday recently, ...So a celebration was in order at the cupcake shop.


More photo shoots with Emma...

Shakespeare!

                                                             
School girl!


                                                       
Renaissance Masquerade!


                                                                       
Tea Party!

Cinderella!

Bride!





Ward/neighborhood bbq

Splash Pad! Took her the first day of school for the older kids. Hardly anyone there. So nice.


Her biggest summer achievement...learned to float without clinging to someone :) 

Holding a fish on our Millcreek adventure....

Our last little summer outing!...We went up to the canyon with my best friend's family. Such a delightful evening.

Being up in the canyons and going exploring falls in my top ten favorite things to do. Love it. love it.

Even when I get stuck!





Our last summer bash! I helped my sister throw a shower for my niece. She is expecting a baby boy and doing the nursery in a nautical theme. I was in charge of decor. Such fun!

                                                            Welcome Aboard Baby!

Emmsie helped me make the nautical diaper cake!






My sister did these. How clever!




Shower food is the best. seriously.




My Summer favorites....

yummy summer smells!


and sights!
beautiful summer flowers


My favorite foods this summer!

frozen cherries....

Hands down my favorite snack/meal from this summer... I could eat salsa everyday.

Introducing friend's to the Mr. and I's favorite Mexican restaurant.  

My favorite reads of the summer...
Really enjoyed these three books. 
Especially The Dashwood Sisters tell all. 

I love biographies. You add WWII history. It's a win win for me.


I love self help books. This is the best one I've ever read. Every mother out there would benefit from reading this book. I wish I had known about it 18 years ago. Can't recommend it enough.



My favorite TV shows of the summer! 
Slightly obsessed with the Story Trek on KBYU. Such an inspiring show. By far the most uplifting reality show out there... 

feel the same about this...

My favorite movie of the summer! 
Such a heartwarming show. The Mr. and I love Indian food... so I think it made us appreciate the movie even more. 

My "turn up" songs of the summer!
1. MKTO- Classic
2. Summer by Calvin Harris
3. Maps by Maroon 5
4. All About that Bass by Meghan Trainor
5. Chandelier by Sia
6. Me and My Broken Heart by Rixton

Awe...So long sweet summer days...I felt fall in the air the other day and it made my heart smile. It's my favorite time of year! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment