Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What's On My Happy List?

Lazy Days of Summer!
I think we are finally through with all the camps for the summer. Phew! As much as I love girl's rough out camp, I can not wait to get all the camping gear put away and out of sight! Sort of sick of looking at it. The older three had Young Women's Girls Camp this last week. Emma left a day earlier than Kyleigh and Hannah as she had the 4th yr overnighter/hike. She was one prepared girl and boy, did she have a load on her back to prove it!  Everything from a tent and sleeping gear to her tin foil dinner and new pocket knife. Her and dad have a thing for pocket knifes. And when I say don't mess with Emmsie and her new knife.  I mean it. If it's late at night and she is tending the kids and she hears noises, as if an intruder is in the house...the knives get drawn and I'm not kidding. 
it. is. hilarious.  

Emma not only had this get up but a whole other bag for the rest of the 4 days of camp. I'm telling you..getting three girls ready for camp makes me a little looney. Kyleigh only had to pack for a few days because she had to come home early due to work.  But she was there long enough to get a front row seat! As in listening in on some major drama going on amongst our ward YW leaders. {Over burning bras.} haha. Goodness me, did they have stories to share when they got home. I missed out! Sorta wish I could have been a bug on the tent wall at their campsite. 

Hannie's crazy camp hair-do


Emmsie helping to take down camp in the rain...


With the older three gone meant some serious play time with the younger two. We played hide in seek and ghosts in the graveyard in the house. In the dark. What a hoot! We caught a movie at the $1 theatre. The Croods. {Much cuter show than I thought it would be.} 


Brie has some crazy dreams at night! She suggested an arts and crafts project...making dream catchers. We pulled out the yarn, pipe cleaners, beads and feathers and this is what we came up with....Such a good idea. {I hope it helps with those dreams of hers.}

Our butterfly garden kit came in the mail...we are now waiting for our live caterpillars to be shipped to us. 


Free slurpies at 7-11 on JULY 11th!

We had a camp out on the couches with Goldfish s'mores included. Kyleigh was back home from camp on this night, so it was Kate and I on one couch and Brie and Kyleigh on the other. Good times! minus me not having a place to put my long legs all night. :)


Out to eat with mom and dad...


I was wishing this bracelet kit had come earlier in the week! It's a keeper, if you can keep the elastics from being strewn all over the house. 



Other ordinary stuff....
Emma participated in the Payson Scottish games this past weekend. No solos this time, just competed with her band. We spent a beautiful afternoon at the park listening to bagpipes.



My cute mom and dad joined us.......


We got home and "the boys" came for Emma for night games...They made her play for them. She was dy'in!



K I just have to say that I can't get enough of the summer rainstorms we have been having. LOVE THEM! We just like to sit and watch it rain. I think it could rain every day in the summer and I'd be happy.



Lov'in the summer fruit too!


Kate, B Olivia and I made boats out of tin foil and floated them in the bathroom sink. We must have been bored this particular afternoon. Ha!


 Speaking of bathroom. Guess who is completely pottie trained? Not just on the little pottie, but the big loo too.  Oh gosh. Happy Day! New princess panties for the big girl. She's not the only one excited about underwear around here!


NOT SO HAPPY DAY! Barry Manilow came to Utah for one night only! {last Friday night} Me and my bestie had tickets and we were stoked! {that's an understatement.} We LOVE BARRY! That love goes way back to our high school days, in the late 80's, jam'in out to old Barry eight tracks in our girlfriend's car at lunchtime. Good times I'm telling you.

We went to dinner and then headed to the concert. We got to the arena and in the process of trying to park, the attendant said the concert was postponed the last minute due to Barry being sick. Talk about our happy bubbles being burst. We were beyond bummed! We drove around not quite sure what to do with ourselves..we ultimately drowned our sorrows in a Nielsen Frozen Custard. I introduced Brie to Barry music later that night. We crawled in my bed and we had our own mini Barry concert watching his music videos via my iphone. She's a little hooked. And it helped cure my Barry blues.

Another 80's flashback! Call me crazy if you want but I am totally crushing on this music.  Do you remember Peter Cetera? Former Chicago band member gone solo? I'm telling you. His. voice. kills. me. Love his music and he is un doubtingly on the list of my all time favorite music artists.  You add uber talented music producer David Foster to the mix. HELLO. I'm a goner.




I hit my four year mark as Relief Society President at the beginning of the month. Not sure if I'm on the five year plan or what but I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing. I enjoy it. The Relief Society sisters had our annual "walk n talk" brunch at Wheeler Farm this week. {Although I think there is always more talking & eating than walking.} Brie got to come with me and we had a nice little stroll at the Farm.



stink'in cute I say!



Dad working on a Pine Wood Derby Car for Brie's upcoming Stake Achievement Day Activity.  It's driving him nuts! Dad had girls for a reason. two reasons. He didn't want to do Scouting or Pine Wood Derby's. {I'm not kidding about that.} He's been such a good sport about it though.

 Swimming for FHE with the neighbors. Turned into night swimming in the rain!

So last night 7 other ladies and I had girls night out. We need to do that more often. Such an enjoyable evening. We watched the cutest movie! I DO NOT know where this one escaped me.. because it's not new but I had never seen it before.

Gotta watch it. Laugh out loud funny one minute and then you could cry the next. It's a keeper. Adding it to my ever growing favorite movie list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment