Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

What's On My Happy List?


Easter!
 Our little Easter display...with key lime cupcakes!

Bunny tails can be marshmallows or donut holes. 
Could not find the latter. Hostess come back!
My girls favorite Easter candy is 
the Cadbury Eggs...I saw this cute idea on line 
to make a plain water bottle into a bunny and 
fill with your favorite candy... Easy Peasy..














Brie took a carton of eggs to school for her lunch! 
P & B sandwich in itty bitty squares, cheese, a few 
pretzels and fishie crackers, grapes, sunflower seeds 
and a couple candy eggs. I did this last year for her 
and Hannah here. Only the elementary kids get this one! :) 
I don't think pulling out an egg carton in 
Junior High and High School would go over well. haha 
Although I surprised the older kids with a couple of eggs 
filled with candy in their sack lunches.  

Dying eggs!
 Our traditional Crack-Off Tourney...
Kyleigh was the winner this year...
the only one left without a single crack in her egg...
We did Sunday dinner for Jaren's family. 
We tried to make a bunny for the veggie tray...
a friend showed me the idea from online...
We used olives for the eyes and sprouts for the whiskers...

My little Easter gift to the Mr.












Basket time!
We strung string to the backyard where the 
younger three girls found their baskets... 
It was such a beautiful morning.


For Hannah!
and for B!
Kyleigh and Emma were given their baskets 
with a single egg with a note inside that said
 that the Easter Bunny had a surprise for them. 
However,  it was too big to put in their baskets so 
they had to follow the bunny tracks out to the 
front lawn....AND to pick up the eggs on the way...
These eggs each had a key chain...
More bunny tracks led them to these eggs...
which each egg had a car key 
inside....
For this new addition to the family!!....
Surprise! Surprise!

Disbelief!

 




































Emma is getting her permit really soon....2 behind the wheel? AHHH!


Dang! We love that Easter Bunny! 
{Even if he's in a Utah shirt.}

We got a stink'in good deal on this car from a family member. 
Our surprise has been in the works for months! 

The only thing... it's a stick shift!... 
which Kyleigh has tried driving before... 
without much luck...

Boy #2 came over to go for a short drive with her 
behind the wheel. 
{short is the key word} 
Lets just say besides his seat belt... 
the poor guy was probably wishing he had a helmet on too!
Since we are never getting a dog, 
which they would name Louis... {as in Lou-ie} 



if we ever did, they have named the car that instead!
The real reason....
We always do all our Easter basket, bunny stuff on Saturday so that on Sunday morning we can focus on the real meaning of Easter. On Thursday night we held our traditional Easter FHE where we read about Christ's life up to him being crucified and placed in the tomb. We have a box that represents the tomb and we place a cutout of Christ inside the tomb. A white cutout of him that represents his spirit we tape up above on the wall {in heaven}. Come Sunday morn when the kids wake up the box {tomb} is empty and Christ's body has joined his spirit. We read about the Resurrection and hang the rest of the pictures, ending with Christ's ascension to heaven. Our Bishop asked our ward to take time to read "The Living Christ" in preparation for Easter, which we did. 


It brought a special spirit into our home as well as watching the church video "He is Risen". Gosh the church has amazing videos on their site. Even little Kate you could tell was getting it. I love those little mommy teaching moments where things seem to click. 
The Savior lives, this I know. I'm amazed at his infinite love for all mankind. I'm grateful for his sacrifice and love for me...
his gospel is true y'all!

A really quick family photo shoot...
























I hope you all had a lovely Easter!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun surprise for your girls! I really like your Easter Bunny!!! Cute pictures of you with all your girls. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete