Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

What's On My Happy List?



Pioneer Day! A little themed goodie basket for my houseful of honeys in celebration of our great state-the BEEHIVE STATE....found chocolate covered honeycomb {called Violet Crumble} at the World Market...Honeycomb cereal, gummie bears, {cuz ya know bears like honey}, old fashioned Bit O Honey candies, honey butter for yummy scones that Emma whipped up and I threw in some Utah Pioneer Chips.



Kyleigh and I were going to meet extended family at the parade downtown on the morn of the 24th but Kate started throwing up multiple times in the night so that was a no go. If I knew what was shortly ahead of us sickness wise I would have run and hid. I've never seen Kate throw up so much and it lasted a few days...She could barely keep anything down. Poor thing. Of course she's too young to know to run to the bathroom toilet. 
Sometimes she made it into the bowl.
So you all know what that means...tons of clean up and laundry. I was hoping the projectile throw up in my face and a trip to the doctor would be the end of it.

Uh not so...it spread...fast and furious.

NEVER before in my married/mommy life have I experienced a 'middle of the night' like last Wednesday night.

Kyleigh started the runs and puking in the wee hours. She was up multiple times. After the third time we were hopeful she was settled back in bed...for the night.  Shortly after this I hear this massive puke {I didn't make it to the bathroom in time kind of sound} out in the kitchen/hall area.
I get up and its not Kyleigh, but Emma!
Oh goodness, not you too?
It was awful.
On the carpet, wall. You get the picture.

Emmsie felt so bad. "Sorry mom" she said, I thought I could make it in time." I do not even recall the last time this girl threw up. {maybe as a baby?} She is not a thrower upper.

The hubby has never thrown up in the 20 years that I've known him... but just to let you know how dire the situation is....he starts dry heaving as he looks at the mess we have to clean up.
He can't stomach it. So I'm left to tackle the mess.

I seriously started laughing. {Luckily I'm one who can find humor in most situations.}
The hub's is sitting out on the couch in the family room giving me moral support...calling out to me... "You are doing awesome babe"..."hang in there". haha

Once I get the worst of it, he relieves me and finishes up. Kyleigh is up again, with this ''coming thru" look on her face as she blitzes past us to the bathroom where unfortunately the toilet is already occupied. So I'm holding her hair up while she's puking in the bathroom sink, where soon after you hear her telling Emma, "I'm gonna need the toilet soon." If you know what I mean.

At this point I'm seriously thinking we should give a bowl to Hannah, in her bed,  in case she wakes and feels sick too. The older three had dinner with the YW that night so I was wondering if it was something they ate to cause this simultaneous up chucking. Funny thing is, they had been fasting all day with the YW with the purpose and hope that more young men {there are only 4} will move into our ward. {is that not cute?} So you would think that they had to have had fairly empty stomachs. Not the case. Hannah awoke from all the commotion, but she assured us she felt fine.

It was Brie that got up and started puking!!
We had to put her in front of the kitchen sink!
Uncle Ryan, here visiting, was upstairs in the guest bathroom doing the same thing.
It was crazy! 

This was not just a one or two times I feel better now kind of thing...Brie's puke bowl came in handy I don't know how many times throughout the rest of the night. All this was happening with the thought looming over us that our water was being turned off at 7:30 in the morn as plumbing was being worked on for the upstairs kitchen renovation. Luckily the storm had passed by that time.

Come to find out two nephews were throwing up as well. Two other uncles since have caught the bug and it got to me too, but not near as bad.  We are wondering if it was food poisoning from the pizza we all had on Monday, or it's just a nasty virus that hits hard and is very contagious. When I took Kate to the doctor he said she was the third thrower upper in a row he had seen. So it sounds like something is going around.
So beware my friends.
The day after was a wash. I spent a considerable amount of time in bed. Kyleigh was supposed to go do baptisms for the dead with her friend Schyler and a couple of girlfriends that morning. We were supposed to help with the Stake Achievement Day camp. Two girls had movie plans with friends. We had to cancel IT ALL. It was a bummer! 

Before this hit, Emma and Kyleigh were only a week out and still recovering fully from having their wisdom teeth being pulled.  Emma's cute music teacher gave her a bucket of soft food and a game to wish her well with her surgery.  

Emma was all giggles once the anesthesia started kicking in. After the surgery she was so quiet, but she started to cry and we didn't know why. It was so sad.  The anesthesiologist said that the Versed makes a lot of the girls coming out of surgery cry. So that explained it and we knew what to expect with Kyleigh.




Kyleigh before.....

 and after...She too was emotional but way more vocal. And angry. It was so funny. She kept trying to tell us something, but we couldn't make out what she was saying. painfree? pancake? It was a pastry, {a chocolate one} that she wanted. She even told us she had to go home to get her wedding dress. We got some of her ramblings on video. {She's going to kill me.} 


I have a few more random pictures to post as I'm a bit behind. Kyleigh gets to work in the gift shop at the hospital. I was able to grab a quick pic the last time we were there for lunch and before she started her shift. She found out this month that she passed the AP World History Test that she took back in May....which she'll get college credit for. Yeah! She was so surprised with that good news as she didn't feel like she had done all that well on it. Some of her friends that studied more than she did didn't even pass.


Spent the day with Emma at the Scottish Games in Payson a few weeks back. We actually had to pick her up early from girls camp so that she could perform. She had missed competing with her group at the Highland Games at Thanksgiving Point when we were in Vegas so she didn't want to miss another opportunity.  Her beginning group, grade 5, won first place in their division. The entire  Wasatch and District Pipeband took first place in everything. It was awesome! We got to meet the boy who is lending her his bagpipes. Those are the pipes he used to compete with at Worlds in Scotland last year. He was so nice!




For good luck Emma wore her bagpipe charm bracelet that grandma brought back from the British Isles.

Emma has got a Taylor Swift thing going on as of late. She is a fan! And she is in love love love with her new cowboy boots that grandma bought her...she looks darling in them!

 Hannah has a Seven Peaks Water Park pass this summer. She has enjoyed going several times with her friend Emma.

  This is her duct tape work station that she set up recently. She makes cute little purses. She is so creative!

Brie sewed her very own pillow case at a recent birthday party. She was so proud. She has also made great progress with swimming this summer. One of her friend's grandma's is a really good teacher and has helped her. She even took video of her.



Brie, Kate and I did a fun, easy science experiment last week involving soap.  It is way cool!

In your microwave place a new bar of Ivory soap on parchment paper.


Cook it on high for two minutes...and watch what happens...

You've got yourself a white fluff ball to play with in the bath tub...

Some Sunday humor.....My friend Heather is the new nursery leader and she snapped this picture of Kate with nursery worker, Chris. Chris took such good care with Brie when she was nursery age but boy does Kate still struggle in there. Some days she'll do okay. Others she absolutely refuses to stay... as in the day she bolted out of there on her own.

However, she does have some cute church moments. One Sunday the picture she colored during nursery she called her "homework". {She's heard enough of that word around here from her older sisters.}

Another Sunday we were about ready to take the sacrament water and I told her it was coming. She blurted out "thats not the sac-ra- ment..that's the wha wha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I should tell you I watched the videos of Kyleigh like 5 times. They are hillarious! I feel for them...and I also laughed really hard. :) Thanks for sharing!

    And sorry about the pukies...blah!!!

    P.S. You're the best mom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete