Bonjour!

Bonjour!
I’m a 51 year old mother of five amazing daughters and wife to a caring, sensitive AND sexy husband. I adore my family. I’m dedicated to my faith. I enjoy a good laugh. I'm nostalgic and love to reminisce. "Remember" is my favorite word in the English language. I love life! I’m passionate about music, food and {dreams of} traveling the world. I wanna be a castle and waterfall chaser. I’m fascinated with anything European. {PARIS! Hello!} I love celebrating anything and everything! I love to read, especially a good biography, mystery, Regency Era Romance or Historical fiction novel. I love thoughtful gift giving. To me the gift wrap is almost as important as the gift itself. I have a bit of an obsession with gift boxes and gift bags. As well as old world maps & globes, apothecary bottles and jars! I love being creative…bolts of ribbon, coordinating scrapbook papers, producing a table scape, or planning décor for a themed party puts a smile on my face. I love the details! I’m a freak for anything theme oriented. I enjoy event planning, but oddly enough do not like to host or entertain. I enjoy fashion, but have to really be in the mood to clothes shop. I love purses and funky costume jewelry. Especially big rings! I’d rather wear wedges or heels any day than flats. I enjoy decorating and searching for the perfect decorative pillow or picture. However, you’ll never see me frequent high-end stores. I'm more of a Ross, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning kind of gal. My favorite decor style is an old world rustic Italian chateau/Spanish Villa look with a hint of bohemian! OR a vintage shabby chic French country cottage/English cobblestone farmhouse. My #1 cookie-Molasses! Autumn is my favorite season. I’d go through childbirth a million times. I enjoy biking with my man, Pilates, and power walking. You’ll never find me in a gym working out. I love movies, whether watching them in the theatre or cuddled up on the couch with my family. I enjoy a good chick flick or real life drama! I'm a sucker for movies on the Hallmark & Great American Family Channel. I have a tender heart for the elderly. I adore Disneyland. I enjoy being in the canyon on a summer or fall evening at dusk. I love my friends. While I have some extroverted characteristics. I’m a self proclaimed introvert. I’m generally quiet, calm, reserved and pretty darn private. Why in the heck do I blog? It’s a creative way to record family history. I enjoy photography. I really don’t like to write, although I write in my journal often. My journals, patriarchal blessing, scriptures, quote book, and beloved Christmas tree filled with ornaments of family memories are among my prized possessions. I love the beach. I enjoy WWII history. I love a clean, orderly house, but ours usually looks lived in. ;) PBS Masterpiece is my friend. I adore Jane Austen films. They transport me to another time and place. If I had to choose another time period in which to live, early 19th Century England would be my pick. "Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite movie. My 3 favorite TV series are...BBC's Larkrise to Candleford, the 1950's Spanish Drama "Velvet," and the travel/food show "Somebody Feed Phil." My biggest pet peeve is people who blow their noses in public. So gross! {Take it to the bathroom people.} I’d go on a wine tasting vacation if it wasn’t against my religion. I’ve always wanted to adopt a baby from a foreign country. I’m an avid BYU football fan. I'm a Educational Support Professional. I tutor elementary kids in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading, fluency and comprehension. I love our campfires at Scofield Lake. I have a 'thing' for fairy gardens, Gallic French roosters, fresh flowers in a vase, pretty bowls & plates, and yummy smelling candles & soap. I love summer rainstorms and warm baths. I'm a scripture podcast fanatic. I'm also a fan of several Fox News shows; Hannity and Dave Ramsey Talk Radio. I very much miss Rush Limbaugh! I hate when my kids have homework. I'd rather clean 20 toilets than give a talk or prayer in church. I have quite a collection of Madame Alexander Dolls, children's books, Disney pins, and quotes. My favorite quote is "Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize." True True LOL! I always prefer sitting in a back row versus the front. {I'm sort of a seat snob..yikes} I also have high expectations for my lemonade, salsa, and french fries too. HA! I work well behind the scenes. I love a good Dateline, 20/20 or 48 Hour Mystery. I’m a night owl. I'd rather be cold than hot. I love to budget our finances! I enjoy being a chauffeur to my children. I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't snap, pin or tweet. All I want for Christmas every year is a ticket to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It's my FAVORITE. I’m an Anglophile…a royal watcher who loves anything English! Especially tea parties! I would like to serve a church mission to England with Jaren someday. I'm queen of paper towel, used kitchen dishrags and sponges kinda make me squirm. You’ll rarely find me out of the house not ready for the day, except when driving the kids to school on the days I don't work. I feel naked without lipstick or lip gloss. Mismatched socks, chipped fingernail polish, chapped lips and brownie crumbs on the floor drive me nuts! I like to organize and BE organized..but not saying I always am. ;) I enjoy hiking to waterfalls, ATV’ing with my family and snowshoeing with the hubs. Although I enjoy collecting recipes and occasionally watch cooking shows... (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade, Paula Deen, Jamie Oliver, and the Pioneer Woman are my favorites) I’d rather not cook. Eating out is so much more fun. I'm a foodie. I live to EAT! LOL Trying new foods and restaurants is a favorite past-time, and believe it or not so is intermittent fasting. I'm not good at a lot of things... but gosh, if you need help with a themed celebration or someone to enjoy good food with, I'm your girl. I love the joy of anticipation and the celebration of holidays. Family traditions are important to me. I'm a memory preserver. I'm a pathological picture taker ;) a visual storyteller, and a lover of happy lists!

My Fam!

My Fam!

The Hubs and I

The Hubs and I

My Girls!

My Girls!

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Kyleigh Dawn (28)

Emma Abigail (26)

Emma Abigail (26)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Hannah Isabelle (23)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Brielle Olivia (19)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Kate Evangelene Lyllie (13)

Mr. Charles "Bingley" Wentworth III (4 yrs.)

Colonel Edward Fitzwilliam "Darcy", Duke of Westridge (3 yrs.)

My Man!

My Man!

Good Times!

Good Times!

Wedding Day 5*17*22

Lillian "Lilly" Belle

Disney Food Fun! 2019

Disneyland Tips

What I Believe!

Our Missionary

We Bleed Blue! {Except for the Poppi}

My list of favorite movies!

Learn more about Dyslexia!

Music To My Ears!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's On My Happy List?

 I'm a bit behind here in posting but May is always a bit nuts with calendar overload. There is just no way around it for anyone that has school aged children.  I so enjoy all the end of year recitals, concerts, ceremonies, programs etc. but I'm finding more and more as I get older that I crave a simple, uncomplicated schedule, because I often feel I'm in a time crunch...and this is just an example why... Today I checked out Kyleigh from school for her awards ceremony before 11:20, rushed back to the elementary to get Brie from Kindergarten as they get out  at 11:35. Took her home to grandma. Rushed to the Community College for Kyleigh's luncheon at noon. Parked in wrong place as I don't know that campus AT ALL. Barely made it there in time. Picture us running in heels and dress. AGAIN. {we r getting good at that} After the luncheon we drove to the High School to check the list of who made Starlette Co. as tryouts were last night. Drove home to get  forgotten lab slip. Drove to hospital to get Kyleigh's scheduled second TB shot so she can be a hospital volunteer. Unexpected long wait. Had to leave Kyleigh there while I drive back home {again} to get Emma on time to her music lesson in a neighboring city. Since Kyleigh still at hospital and not home to tend the rest of kids, all had to come with, minus 1.. Had to wake sleeping baby AND change cars as I didn't have time to get much needed gas in my car. Got Emma to her lesson. In 30 minutes time I drove back to hospital to pick up Kyleigh. Drove back home to get a school project on DVD that we needed to drop off at one of Kyleigh's friends on our way back. And then back to Taylorsville we went. Just as we picked up Emma, Kate throws up like shes never done before! {in grandma's van.} It was soooo bad! It reeked to high heaven and we were all dy'in. Prior to the explosion, I told Kyleigh we were going for a shake {as Ice-Berg is conveniently right across the street from said lesson}Not so appetizing anymore and we really should have just drove straight home as the baby was sitting in a pool of who knows what. BUT I couldn't let Kyleigh down. And I certainly wasn't driving the 15 minutes back home for the umpteenth time and then back to Ice Berg once baby was cleaned up. On a side note there is not a whole lot Kyleigh loves more than a chocolate Oreo malt ice-berg shake and she was so deserving. She had just finished up a big geography project/presentation that morning that she has been stressing over for awhile now and for good reason. That's a story in and of itself that I won't get into, but I will say it kept us up til 12:30 last night {morning?} finishing it....on top of a 4 1/2 hr dance tryout. exhaustion.
The girl needed ice-cream! 
So despite the cold, wet and rainy weather, windows were rolled down to give us a reprieve from the smell as we waited, waited, waited in the slowest drive thru ever hoping to get home before the baby was crying hysterically and before my third child who had to walk home in rain from school and to an empty house {hate that} thought we forgot about her.  We had to bail on the DVD drop off due to baby situation turning dire. And if it hadn't been for tennis being cancelled due to the continuous rain , once home we would have been back in the car less than 30 minutes later to pick up Kyleigh's friend and take the both of them to Liberty Park for  1 1/2 hr. tennis practice. Which would have included a trip back home for me and pick up duty for dad as I rush off to a church meeting. haha I love it!
Can you see why I crave a little unscheduledness once in awhile? Every mother is so deserving of that.
We are so looking forward to no more school, no more homework, tests or projects. Even though the two oldest have gotten their Honors English homework assignments for the summer. ALREADY. Bleh! It never ends I tell ya. 
The countdown is on folks..11 days...3 hours..30 minutes} 

The weather is as crazy as the schedule it seems... We don't know if its spring, summer or winter! Friday was so hot it was the official pull out the swimsuit day and run through the sprinkler kind of weather. Brie had a hey day with her umbrella and me squirting the hose.  


The next day there was a downpour like I've never seen. Buckets full! This pic doesn't do it justice. There was some hail in there too. Its still rainy, wet and cold..and will be all this week, but you know what?  I love it.  The heat will come soon enough.
All this rain took out this tree. sad.
AND just a couple of weeks ago it SNOWED. YEP. the last day of April. Strange.
Anyhow, when the weather is cooperative you'll find Brie out on her new bike or
hunting for potato bugs. She loves those things. She called this one Richard. Cracks me up.
And she says the darndest things. It was 'K' day last week in Kindergarten. The boys got to be Kings for the day with special privileges. When telling me about it she said, "it was a royal pain"! Speaking of Royals I found this to be spot on and it gave me a giggle.


And then there was Mother's Day that I didn't get a chance to post about. Ya gotta love Mother's Day. I love the little cards that the girls make for me. And I so wish I would have had my camera to capture the moment Brie ran out to me in the school parking lot the Friday before, so proud like holding tight the potted flower gift that she had made for me for my special day. AND then I wake Sunday morn to see this beaut in the living room. What the heck is that? Its a hose winder upper. I've so been wanting one of those! I was picturing more of the rod iron decorative ones that you attach to the house but this one is so much cooler because it has the crank on the side and does the winding up for you. lol. And why would I want one of these? I have a few pet peeves ya know and one is when the hose is left strewn out on the lawn! Isn't that weird? But it bugs! bad. I'd actually given a few verbal hints here and there on what they could get me for Mother's Day and this is what they choose to get me. I guess they wanted to have a sane mother as the warm weather approaches and the hose will be used a ton. haha. Too good. Hubby took me to my favorite restaurant for my favorite dinner of steak and shrimp. YUM! No pics with the girls on Mother's Day. Didn't even want to try after the picture fiasco from Easter Sunday. Besides it was raining and freezing outside. Nor did we have the traditional Mother's Day Weekend Tea Party. But I suppose our Royal Wedding British Party a couple weeks ago took the place of that. Plus there was no time. It was Dance Recital weekend and everything else takes a back seat because it consumes.                                                          
DESTINATION DANCE was the theme for the Spring Show....It was so fun to watch! This was after the Monday night recital......
B. Olivia tapped to "Surf'in USA". Hannah is a Jr. Starlette and had a jazz and ballet number...
"This is Africa" and "Texas Hoedown"...
Over the two nights and four shows, Kyleigh danced 28 times. Six different costume changes for each show. Pretty darn crazy but she thrives on it. Her favorite was their contemporary number "Walking in Memphis". I loved them all but the Company pointe number from "Swan Lake" was pretty darn impressive and their jazz opener "Come Fly With Me" and closing tap number "New York, New York" thrilled me every time.
All three did a fabulous job! Love my girls!
I'll leave ya with my favorite poem in honor of Mother's Day...entitled
TO MY CHILD
YOU ARE THE TRIP I DID NOT TAKE;
YOU ARE THE PEARLS I CANNOT BUY;
YOU ARE MY BLUE ITALIAN LAKE;
YOU ARE MY PIECE OF FOREIGN SKY.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I'm tired. :)
    I can relate to running around and feeling so busy. I'm excited for school to be out too. Your girls are awesome and so talented. I learn a lot from you and look up to the type of mom you are. Thanks for your example!

    ReplyDelete